Creator: Christina Ricci
Christina Ricci (born February 12, 1980) is a Former Child Star, and now respected actress in her own right. Ricci acted in such movies as Mermaids (alongside Cher and Winona Ryder), The Addams Family motion pictures, Casper, and as an adult in The Opposite Of Sex, Buffalo '66, Sleepy Hollow, Monster, the remake of That Darn Cat!, Speed Racer, New York, I Love You, and After Life. Also starred as Sexy Stewardess Maggie on Pan Am.
Her acting roles provide examples of:
- Creepy Child: As Wednesday Addams.
- Deadpan Snarker: In films, she's played such characters, especially Wednesday Addams. In real life, she's notorious for saying scathing and taboo things to screw with annoying, invasive journalists during her young adult years.
- Deliberately Cute Child: In her child actress days.
- Disappeared Dad: She hasn't spoken to her father since she was a child.
- Dyeing for Your Art: While best known as a brunette, many of her most important roles have been blond: Katrina, DeeDee, Rae and Layla. Also compare her voluptuous curves as Layla, Katrina and Deedee with her gaunt, skinny frame in Black Snake Moan.
- Femme Fatale: In The Opposite Of Sex and Black Snake Moan.
- Fille Fatale: Most notably she lobbied really hard to play Lolita and was turned down four times.
- I Am Not Pretty: Claims that for years she covered the mirrors in her house, hating her appearance.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Is good friends with Samuel L Jackson, having hit it off while filming Black Snake Moan
- Little Red Riding Hood: Played the title role in a very dark take on the tale in the black-and-white short early in her career.
- Ms. Fanservice: She is nowadays.
- The Muse: To artist Mark Ryden, and has appeared in many of his paintings.
- Mysterious Waif
- Older Than They Look: Now in her mid-thirties, she still looks at least a decade younger.
- One of Us: A huge fan of Lord of the Rings, Pulp Fiction, The X-Files and The Simpsons.
- Playing Against Type: Ironically given her number of Creepy Child roles, she played The Ingenue in her only collaboration with Tim Burton: Sleepy Hollow. Probably because of her type, it's a bit of mystery whether or not Katrina is a Bitch in Sheep's Clothing. She's not.
- Perky Goth: Has this reputation since playing Wednesday Addams, but insists that it does not apply to her out of character.
- Promoted Fanboy: Got to voice a character called Erin on The Simpsons, of which she is a big fan.
- The Rival: In her child acting days she was both this and a Distaff Counterpart to Macaulay Culkin. As she got older, Christina on several occasions found herself being offered roles that Natalie Portman had for one reason or another (usually her schooling) turned down; rather than be insulted, Ricci chose to view it as a plus that if Portman was unavailable, she was the second choice.
- Another rival of her younger years was Kirsten Dunst, the blonde beauty to whom she lost coveted roles as Amy March from Little Women and Claudia from Interview with the Vampire. She was also turned down four times for the role of Lolita in favor of the then-unknown Dominique Swain, and was deemed to old to play Enid in Ghost World.
- She Is All Grown Up
- Teens Are Short: This combined with her child-like facial features had her acting in teen roles well after she was an adult. But it could often lead to...
- Those Two Actors: Has starred with Johnny Depp in three movies - Sleepy Hollow, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Man Who Cried.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Despite playing teens several years after she wasn't one anymore, Ricci was attracted to darker, often provocative roles in films like Buffalo '66 and The Opposite of Sex, where her Fille Fatale aspects were turned Up to Eleven.
- What Could Have Been: