Film: That Darn Cat!
That Darn Cat! is a 1965 Walt Disney Productions film starring Hayley Mills and Dean Jones in a story about bank robbers, kidnapping and a mischievous cat. It was based on the book Undercover Cat by Gordon and Mildred Gordon and was directed by Robert Stevenson. The title song was written by the Sherman Brothers and sung by Bobby Darin. That Darn Cat! was the last of six films Hayley Mills made for the Disney Studios. The 1997 remake featured a cameo appearance by Dean Jones. The remake's main star was Christina Ricci.While out one night, "That Darn Cat", or "DC", a Siamese cat, follows a bank robber to an apartment where he and his partner are holding a bank employee hostage. The hostage writes "HELP" on her watch and gives the watch to DC, and the next day, Patti, his owner, finds it and calls the FBI. Hilarity Ensues.
- Awful Wedded Life: The MacDougalls.
- Chase Scene: Several. There's one when the FBI agents first try to follow DC, which ends with them storming Patti and Ingrid's house, one at the Drive-In Theater, which ends with DC disrupting the movie, and one at the end when Zeke follows DC to the robbers, Patti follows Zeke, and Canoe follows Patti.
- Crying Wolf: According to Ingrid, this is not the first time Patti has gone to the authorities with a premonition that someone is in trouble.
- Damsel in Distress: Ms. Miller, the bank employee.
- Deadpan Snarker: Almost everyone, but special mention goes to Mr. MacDougall.
- Detective Animal: DC.
- The Dog Bites Back: Mr. MacDougall, after having to put up with his wife for the whole movie, finally gets his own back when he calls the police on her.
- Drive-In Theater: Canoe takes Patti to one. Then DC follows them, and Zeke follows him, and things go downhill from there.
- FBI Agent: Zeke.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Ingrid believes that she is the responsible sister and Patti is foolish.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Canoe grows ever jealous and suspicious while Patti works with Zeke, to the point where he follows her around in disguise.
- Henpecked Husband: Mr. MacDougall.
- Momma's Boy: Gregory never stops talking about Mother Dearest when he's trying to seduce Ingrid.
- Nosy Neighbor: The MacDougalls. Or rather, Mrs. MacDougall; her husband tries to stop her being this, which culminates in him calling the police which she's out looking over people's walls.
- Only Known by Initials: DC, which stands for "darn cat." Apparently, this name was given as an alternative to the "something much worse" Mr. Randall called him.
- The Stakeout
- Title Drop