Rosario Dawson (born May 9, 1979) is an American actress, singer, writer, and activist. She made her film debut in 1995 with the controversial teen drama Kids. Her subsequent film roles include: Men in Black II, Sin City, Clerks II, and Death Proof, Alexander, The Rundown, and RENT.She joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Claire Temple, who appears in all of the franchise's Netflix series, in roles ranging from a single episode in Jessica Jones to a major cast member in Luke Cage.Not to be confused with either a rosario-wearing vampire or a certain creek.
- Kids (1995) as Ruby
- Josie and the Pussycats (2001) as Valerie
- The Rundown (2003) as Mariana.
- Sin City (2005) as Gail
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)
- Clerks II (2006) as Becky
- Clerks III (2016)
- Rent (2005) as Mimi Marquez
- A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006) as Laurie
- Death Proof (2007) as Abernathy
- Wonder Woman (2009) as Artemis (voice)
- Fire with Fire (2012) as Talia Durham.
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (2014) as Wonder Woman (voice)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2015 – present) as Claire Temple:
- The LEGO Batman Movie (2017) as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl (voice)
- LEGO Dimensions (2017) as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl (voice)
This actress' work contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Due to having Mixed Ancestry (her mom is Afro-Cuban and Puerto Rican; her father is Irish and Native American). This has led to her diverse roles that span literally more than half the world, from Brazilian in The Rundown to Bactrian (modern-day Afghanistan) in Alexander.
- Black and Nerdy
- Dashing Hispanic
- Meganekko: In Clerks II.
- Sassy Black Woman: Due to her roles, some would even go so far as to call her the Pam Grier of her generation. Due to her mixed heritage, doubles up as a Spicy Latina.