Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress best known for playing Sansa Stark on the HBO series Game of Thrones
- Dawson Casting: Averted, although it looks like it's played straight. When the pilot for Game of Thrones was shot, Sophie was thirteen, and her character, according to the producers, was thirteen or fourteen. Season three has her age at fourteen, making her a few years older than Sansa.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Sophie is naturally blonde and had to dye her hair to play Sansa, who is a Red-Headed Heroine.
- Name's the Same: The other Sophie Turner is a much older Australian model.
- Oh Crap! There Are Fanfics of Us...: Behold, her interview with Access Hollywood. though Sophie's actually a fan of the pairing, if not an actual shipper.
Have you seen the things people put on the internet – they did it to Gendry and Arya. There’s a whole group of fans obsessed with Sandor and Sansa. They gave them a supercouple style combination name
Sophie: Yeah! I’ve had a lot of Tweets about that – ‘Oh, what’s happening with ‘San-San’?’ And I didn’t know what it was, so I Googled it, and up pops all these kind of forums and things and I’m like, ‘What is this?’ I think I’m kind of aware of the massive amount of fans that want something to happen between Sansa and Sandor.
- She Really Can Act: Her portrayal of Sansa Stark has gotten widespread raving reviews.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's as tall as most men and in her mid-teens at most.