Sophie Turner (born 21 February 1996) is an English actress.She's best known for playing Sansa Stark in the HBO series Game of Thrones. She went on to play a young Jean Grey in the X-Men film series.
- Game of Thrones (2011 — 2019) as Sansa Stark
- The Thirteenth Tale (2013) as Adeline March and young Vida Winter
- Another Me (2013) as Fay
- Barely Lethal (2015) as Heather/Agent 84
- X-Men film series as Jean Grey:
She provides examples of:
- Adorkable: She's stunningly beautiful, but she's also a big nerd.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The big gal to her close friend Maisie Williams. It helps that they're the same age.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Sophie is naturally blonde and had to dye her hair to play Sansa, who is a redhead. For a period in Seasons 4 & 5 this goes Up to Eleven as her character dyes her hair In-Universe - so she's a blonde, playing a red-headed, who is pretending to have dark-brown/black hair.
- Oh Crap! There Are Fanfics of Us...: Behold, her interview with Access Hollywood. That being said, Sophie's actually cool with the pairing, if not an actual shipper.Access: Have you seen the things people put on the internet – they did it to Gendry and Arya. There’s a whole group of fans obsessed with Sandor and Sansa. They gave them a supercouple style combination name – ‘San-San.’Sophie: Yeah! I’ve had a lot of Tweets about that – ‘Oh, what’s happening with ‘San-San’?’ And I didn’t know what it was, so I Googled it, and up pops all these kind of forums and things and I’m like, ‘What is this?’ I think I’m kind of aware of the massive amount of fans that want something to happen between Sansa and Sandor.
- Shipper on Deck:
- Meanwhile, no one ships Sansa and Margaery like Sophie Turner.
- She also loves the idea of Sansa with Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger.
- Statuesque Stunner: Reported as 5'9''/1.74m, she's as tall as many of her male costars. Out of character, when in heels, she towers over almost all of them, and her close friend Maisie Williams (who is only 5'1"/1.55m) barely comes up to her shoulder.
- Toilet Humor: When asked what would it take for Sansa to laugh, she replied that a fart would because she thinks that's always funny.