"I'm an artist, and the need to get inside myself and be creative and be other people is a part of who I am. I don't imagine I'll abandon that completely."Gwyneth Kate Paltrow (born September 27, 1972) is an American actress, singer, and food writer. She made her acting debut on stage in 1990 and started appearing in films in 1991. After appearing in several films throughout the decade, she gained early notice for her work in films such as Se7en and Emma (in which she played the title role).Following the films Sliding Doors and A Perfect Murder , she garnered worldwide recognition through her performance in Shakespeare in Love, for which she won an Academy Award for Best Actress, a Golden Globe Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards, for Outstanding Lead Actress and as a member of the Outstanding Cast. She also won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2011 for her role as Holly Holliday on the Fox hit TV show Glee in the episode "The Substitute".Paltrow has portrayed supporting, as well as, lead roles, in films such as The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Royal Tenenbaums, Shallow Hal, and Proof, for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination as Best Actress in Motion Picture Drama. Since 2008 she has portrayed Pepper Potts, the Love Interest of Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, particularly the Iron Man films and The Avengers.She has had two children, Apple and Moses, with Coldplay lead vocalist Chris Martin, who she was married to since 2003 but separated (or as she put it, "consciously uncoupled") in early 2014. In recent years Paltrow has been concentrating on her "Goop" lifestyle brand rather than her acting career.
Tropes associated with her works include:
- Beauty Inversion: Famously wore a fat suit for Shallow Hal, and was notably drab in her uncredited cameo in the pilot for The New Normal ("Hi, I'm Abby - a lot of people say I look like Gwyneth Paltrow...").
- It Runs in the Family: Her late father Bruce Paltrow was a noted writer-producer, while her mother is Tony award-winning actress Blythe Danner, who played Martha Jefferson in the movie version of 1776. (In fact, Blythe Danner was pregnant with her while filming an episode of Columbo - and Paltrow was born a few days after the episode ["Etude In Black"] first aired.)
- Ms. Fanservice: Indulges in being this often in her films. (Out of her, Kim Kardashian and Kate Upton, Paltrow was the one who did her ice bucket challenge wearing a bikini.)
- Pretty in Mink: When she plays a rich woman, sometimes she'll wear a fur.
- Wore a leopard hat and coat in The Talented Mr. Ripley.
- Wore a mink coat in The Royal Tenenbaums.
- Wore a white rabbit jacket for the cover of the Oct 2002 UK Vogue.
- Statuesque Stunner: She stands at 5'10, meaning that in Iron Man (where she played the Girl Friday and serves as that page's image), she towered over Robert Downey, Jr..