Creator: Gwyneth Paltrow
Gwyneth Kate Paltrow (born September 27, 1972) is an American actress, singer, and food writer. She made her acting debut on stage in 1990 and started appearing in films in 1991. After appearing in several films throughout the decade, she gained early notice for her work in films such as Se7en and Emma (in which she played the title role).Following the films Sliding Doors and A Perfect Murder , she garnered worldwide recognition through her performance in Shakespeare in Love, for which she won an Academy Award for Best Actress, a Golden Globe Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards, for Outstanding Lead Actress and as a member of the Outstanding Cast. She also won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series in 2011 for her role as Holly Holliday on the Fox hit TV show Glee in the episode "The Substitute".Paltrow has portrayed supporting, as well as, lead roles, in films such as The Talented Mr Ripley, The Royal Tenenbaums, Shallow Hal, and Proof, for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination as Best Actress in Motion Picture Drama. Since 2008 she has portrayed Pepper Potts, the Love Interest of Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, particularly the Iron Man films and The Avengers.She has had two children, Apple and Moses, with Coldplay lead vocalist Chris Martin, who she was married to since 2003 but separated (or as she put it, "consciously uncoupled") in early 2014.
- Beauty Inversion: Famously wore a fat suit for Shallow Hal.
- The Cast Show Off: She was able to show her singing skills in Duets, View From The Top (as part of a Crowd Song), Country Strong and Glee.
- Childhood Friends/Heterosexual Life-Partners: She and Maya Rudolph have been friends since they were seven (No Pun intended).
- Cloudcuckoolander: For example, believes water has feelings.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: On camera, anyway. Her persona is famously polarizing.
- Fake Brit: She often plays British characters.
- Fanservice: Indulges in this surprisingly often. (Out of her, Kim Kardashian and Kate Upton, Paltrow was the one who did her ice bucket challenge wearing a bikini.)
- Genki Girl: Her earlier roles tend to be this.
- It Runs in the Family: Her late father Bruce Paltrow was a noted writer-producer, while her mother is Tony award-winning actress Blythe Danner, who played Martha Jefferson in the movie version of 1776. (In fact, Blythe Danner was pregnant with her while filming an episode of Columbo - and Paltrow was born a few days after the episode ["Etude In Black"] first aired.)
- Meaningless Meaningful Words: As of late, she seems to speak in nothing but these, as "conscious uncoupling" can attest to.
- On-Again, Off-Again Girlfriend: To Ben Affleck from 1997 to late 2000.
- Real-Life Relative: The director of Duets was her father. This film became their only on-screen collaboration.
- The Rival: To Martha Stewart, now that they both have very successful lifestyle businesses.
- Spirited Young Lady: She plays her Fake Brit characters very energetically.
- Star-Making Role: As written above, she received critical acclaim in Se7en and Emma, but Shakespeare in Love solidified her A-List status.
- Statuesque Stunner: She stands 5'9.
- Upper-Class Twit: Is just as well known for her many quotes as well as her advice for mothers being "buy expensive clothes."
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: So said People Magazine a couple years back, to much backlash and Gwyneth's own bemusement.