Creator: Al Pacino
It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.Alfredo "Al" Pacino (April 25, 1940-) is one of the greatest actors in American film history. Despite a difficult childhood in an impoverished neighborhood, he pursued his dream of becoming an actor and was almost instantly recognized as a natural. After taking roles of varying prominence in several on- and off-Broadway plays, he caught the eye of Francis Ford Coppola while on the set of The Panic At Needle Park. Coppola fought tooth and nail to get Pacino in the role of Michael Corleone; competitors for the role included Robert De Niro (who went on to play Michael's father in Part 2), Jack Nicholson, and Dustin Hoffman. Al Pacino was successful, and the rest is history.He often stars in gangster and cop films and is compared to Robert De Niro. He also maintains his Broadway career, though most aren't aware of it. Pacino's memorable roles are Michael Corleone, Sonny Wortzik, and Tony Montana. His performance as Michael Corleone, particularly in the sequel, is legendary and considered one of the greatest film performances ever.He was nominated seven different times for an Academy Award, but he finally won for his role as Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade in Scent Of A Woman.
— Michael Corleone, The Godfather
- The Godfather (1972) - Michael Corleone
- The Godfather Part II (1974) - Michael Corleone
- The Godfather Part III (1990) - Michael Corleone
- Dog Day Afternoon (1975) - Sonny Wortzik
- Serpico (1973) - Frank Serpico
- ...And Justice for All (1979) - Arthur Kirkland (no, not that one)
- Scarface (1983) - Tony Montana
- Revolution (1985) - Tom Dobb
- Dick Tracy (1990) - Big Boy
- Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) - Ricky Roma
- Scent of a Woman (1992) - Frank Slade
- Carlitos Way (1993) - Carlito Brigante
- Heat (1995) - Vincent Hanna
- Donnie Brasco (1997) - Lefty
- The Devils Advocate (1997) - John Milton
- The Insider (1999) - Lowell Bergman
- Any Given Sunday (1999) - Tony D'Amato
- Insomnia (2002) - Will Dormer
- S1m0ne (2002) - Viktor Taransky
- The Recruit (2003) - Burke
- Gigli (2003) - Starkman
- Angels In America (2003, miniseries) - Roy M. Cohn
- The Merchant of Venice (2004) - Shylock
- 88 Minutes (2007) - Jack Gramm
- Ocean's Thirteen (2007) - Willy Bank
- Righteous Kill (2008) - Rooster
- You Don't Know Jack (2010 HBO Movie) - Jack Kevorkian
- Jack and Jill (2011) - Himself
- Phil Spector (2013 HBO Movie) - Phil Spector
- The Humbling (2014) - Simon Adler
- Manglehorn (2014) - A.J. Manglehorn
- Danny Collins (2015) - Danny Collins
- Adam Westing: He appears As Himself in Jack and Jill.
- Doing It for the Art: After already estabilishing himself as an actor, decided to direct Richard III adaptation Looking for Richard.
- Fake Nationality: Aside from American and Italian roles (the former his nationality, the latter his ethnicity), he played a Cuban in Scarface and King Herod in Salomé.
- Genre Savvy: To the point where he didn't wait for James Lipton of Inside The Actors Studio to ask him what his favorite curse word was.
- Large Ham: In so many of his performances, he has his own folder.
- Evil Is Hammy: The flavor chosen for Scarface, Dick Tracy and The Devil's Advocate
- Tom Hanks Syndrome: Believe it or not, he started out as a stand-up comedian.