88 Minutes is a 2007 thriller film directed by Jon Avnet and starring Al Pacino.Ten years ago, torture-murderer Jon Forster was convicted and sentenced to death after being testified against by forensic professor Jack Gramm (Pacino). In the present day, Forster is due to be executed at midnight. But then, several more murders with an identical modus operandi occur, and then, on the way to his class, Gramm recieves a threatening phone call telling him he has 88 minutes to live...
This film provides examples of:
- Catch-Phrase: Lauren Douglas:"Tick tock, tick tock. You have [X] minutes to live."
- Pacino gives an Ironic Echo version to Forster at the end: "Tick tock, tick tock, you have 12 hours to live."
- Fanservice: While naked, Leah Cairns' character does a weird legstand while also brushing her teeth. Pacino's reaction is appropriately a mix between excitement and an unstated "What the hell?"
- Kavorka Man: Gramm, clearly in his 60's, seems to attract every woman on the set. Even the lesbian.
- Large Ham:"DID I BLOW MY CAAAAR?! DID I SHOOT BULLETS AT MYSELF?!"
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Plot threads and shady characters come and go without any full resolution