Kimberly Noel Kardashian, born October 21, 1980, is a U.S. celebrity most known for... being a celebrity. And her impressive Hydrogel injections.
The second eldest daughter of the late Robert Kardashian, famed attorney from the O.J. Simpson Trial (later replaced by the even more famous and also-late Johnnie Cochran), Kim has become, along with longtime friend Paris Hilton
, a poster girl for socialites
who become famous simply for merely existing in the world into which they were born. She generally rose to fame as a fashion designer for Paris Hilton.
She's also known for her on-again, off-again relationship with New Orleans Saints
player Reggie Bush, a leaked sex tape featuring herself and R&B singer Ray J, her short 72-day marriage to New Jersey Net
Kris Humphries, and her role in the somewhat campy reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians
and its Spinoffs
focusing on her extended family.
She is currently married to and has a child with Kanye West
(hence her now calling herself Kim Kardashian West).
Tropes involving Kim Kardashian:
- Best Known for the Fanservice: You'll often hear people asking what she even does, or who she is, or why the general public should even care. Despite this, she's practically the epitome of Ms. Fanservice and is a media sensation.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Clearly tried to invoke this trope with the flamboyant dresses (even more so than usual, that is) she wore on public appearances during her pregnancy which had led to a noticable weight gain. Also a Take That to people who bullied her into tears on the internet for her looks, even likening her to an orca for said weight gain.
- Cool Big Sis: To her younger half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
- Fan Nickname:
- When she was dating Reggie Bush, some of the gossip rags gave them the nickname "Bush and Tush."
- A less flattering one is "Kimmode", due to her love of, um, water sports.
- Home Porn Movie: She appeared in a leaked sex tape.
- Ms. Fanservice: She once said "I'm comfortable with posing naked," which just about sums it up.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: "Kimye" for her and Kanye West.
- Reality TV: Several were made to chronicle her life and that of her family.
- Theme Naming: Her mother Kris must think a lot of herself: she named her daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe. The Kardashians have two half-siblings from their mother's remarriage: Kendall and Kylie. (The sole Kardashian son? Robert, after their father.)