Kimberly "Kim" Kardashian West (born Kimberly Noel Kardashian; October 21, 1980) is an American celebrity most known for... well, being a celebrity.Born and raised in Los Angeles, California; the second eldest daughter of the late Robert Kardashian, famed attorney from the O.J. Simpson trial (later replaced by the even more famous and also-late Johnnie Cochran), Kim has become, along with longtime boss/friend Paris Hilton, a poster girl for socialites who become famous simply for merely existing in the world into which they were born. She first gained media attention through her friendship with (and as a fashion designer for) Hilton, but she received wider notice after a 2003 sex tape with her former boyfriend, R&B singer Ray J was leaked in 2007. Later that year, she and her family began to appear in the reality television series Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Its success has led to the creation of Spinoffs focusing on her extended family.She's also known for her on-again, off-again relationship with New Orleans Saints player Reggie Bush, and her short 72-day marriage to New Jersey Net Kris Humphries.She is currently married to and has two kids with Kanye West (hence her now calling herself Kim Kardashian West).
Tropes involving Kim Kardashian:
- Ambiguously Brown: She's of partial Armenian descent through her father (her mother is white), and ultimately does consider herself white, but because of her dark olive complexion, she was occasionally mistaken for Latina.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Clearly tried to invoke this trope with the flamboyant dresses (even more so than usual, that is) she wore on public appearances during her pregnancy which had led to a noticable weight gain. Also a Take That! to people who bullied her into tears on the internet for her looks, even likening her to an orca for said weight gain.
- Cool Big Sis: To her younger half-sisters Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
- Famous for Being Famous: Ah, yes, The Soup has a field day with her on this one.
- Fan Nickname:
- When she was dating Reggie Bush, some of the gossip rags gave them the nickname "Bush and Tush."
- A less flattering one is "Kimmode", due to her love of, um, water sports.
- Happily Married: With Kanye West of all people.
- Has a Type/Race Fetish: She says that she has always been attracted to black males since she was a teenager.
- Home Porn Movie: She appeared in a leaked sex tape.
- Ms. Fanservice: She once said "I'm comfortable with posing naked," which just about sums it up.
- Reality TV: Several were made to chronicle her life and that of her family.
- Theme Naming: Her mother Kris named her daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe. The Kardashians have two half-siblings from their mother's remarriage: Kendall and Kylie. Though when her former stepmother came out as transgender, she went with the name "Caitlyn" instead of "Kaitlyn". (The sole Kardashian son? Robert, after their father.)
- Where Da White Women At?: Inverted. She is a white woman who only dates black men and married one. See Has a Type above.