Actress born on August 25, 1987 and famous for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
, The Town
, being a fashion darling, hanging around with Leonardo DiCaprio
and Ryan Reynolds
(she married the latter in September 2012) and, of course, Gossip Girl
. Not so much for Accepted
Works associated with this actress:
Her roles provide examples of:
- Absolute Cleavage: In Gossip Girl, she is often seen wearing low-cut dresses emphasizing her bosom.
- Actor Allusion: At least two episodes of Gossip Girl were named after films of hers ("The Townie" and "New York, I Love You XOXO").
- Billing Displacement: See Simon Says above.
- Beauty Mark: It's on the left of her face, a la Cindy Crawford but smaller and nearer the nose.
- The Fashionista: Lagerfeld, Chanel, Wintour...
- Life Imitates Art: Alhough Blair (Leighton Meester) arguably became the Breakout Character of Gossip Girl, Serena's tendency to upstage Blair eventually crossed over into the actresses's real lives. (And their box office returns - Green Lantern certainly wasn't a blockbuster, but it still did better than Monte Carlo, The Roommate and Country Strong. And while Savages has hardly done Ted business, it's still beaten That's My Boy.)
- Ms. Fanservice: Her roles often place her in rather revealing outfits.
- Playing Against Type: In The Town, and less famously (due to the film's lack of success) as a coke-sniffing con woman in Hick.
- Romance on the Set: With Penn Badgley on Gossip Girl and Ryan Reynolds on Green Lantern.
- She Really Can Act: Blake got more than a few positive reviews for her turn in The Town.
- She's Got Legs: Often emphasised in most of her roles.
- Star-Making Role: Serena van der Woodsen.