Kristen Anne Bell
(born July 18, 1980) is an American actress. She is best known as Veronica Mars in Veronica Mars
, Sarah Marshall in Forgetting Sarah Marshall
, Lucy from Assassin's Creed
, and Gossip Girl in... well, you know
. She voices Princess Anna in Disney
, based on The Snow Queen
. She is married to Dax Shepard of Punk'd
and they have two daughters.
This actress provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion:
- In Burning Love, her character references to being in a cult. Veronica visited a cult a few times in Veronica Mars.
- In Hit And Run, she references being a sociopath which she played on Heroes.
- As Herself: In the Gossip Girl finale where she appears to help Rachel Bilson rehearse for the movie adaptation of Dan (alias Gossip Girl - long story)'s book.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: The reason she wanted to be in Frozen, citing her love for The Little Mermaid and Aladdin growing up. Indeed, her tape of her singing songs from the former helped her get cast.
- Celebrity Voice Actor:
- Chronically Killed Actor: Turning into something of a pattern for her.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: In season two of Hou$e Of Lie$, it's not only hidden, but digitally removed during her sex scenes.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Usually. Although, he doesn't end up as the love interest she does share scenes with Danny DeVito in When in Rome possibly one of three adult actors shorter than her (the others are Verne Troyer and Peter Dinklage, to save your guessing).
- Ink-Suit Actor: Anna from Frozen looks a lot like early Veronica Mars-era Kristen. The animators even designed Anna with Kristen's very slight lazy right eye.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: She plays unpleasant characters in Heroes, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Burlesque (plus Gossip Girl isn't exactly sweetness and light what with all her tattling - and to be perfectly honest, even Veronica Mars has some rough edges to her, albeit totally justifiable considering the show was Freudian Excuse central), but many describe her as being ridiculously nice in the flesh. Stephen Tobolowsky recounts how she was 'terrified' and kept asking if he was okay while filming a scene on Heroes ...while Stephen was recovering from a broken neck. You can also consider the video game character she played, Lucy, as a "mean" character, to an extent, as she betrays the Assassins and drives one of them to suicide.
- Old Shame: She hates the fact that she starred in Movie 43 (as do most of the rest of the cast).
- One of Us: She likes Comic Con and several other interests. She's notably a fan of The Room and says she thinks it's so bad it's funny. Plus, she used to be a gamer.
- Promoted Fangirl: Kristen was a big fan of Heroes before she appeared on the show as Elle and has said that she "always wanted to be in a Disney movie".
- Star-Making Role: Bell got famous for playing in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Most fans believe she was famous much earlier due to Veronica Mars, though. Anna from Frozen also is one as a voice actor and singer, particularly for people who weren't aware of her work on Broadway.
- Those Two Actors: She has a habit of showing up in works with Dianna Agron (such as Heroes) even if they don't share scenes.
- Toilet Humor: She doesn't make it a secret that she loves fart jokes.
- Type Casting: As mentioned above, she has a slight history playing the Title Character. She also has a history of playing either Deadpan Snarkers or Woobies, sometimes both at the same time.
- Water Works/Tears of Joy:
- "If I'm not between a 3 and a 7 on the emotional scale, I'm crying."
- Her reaction to getting a sloth on her birthday.