Creator: Kristen Bell
Kristen Anne Bell (born July 18, 1980) is an American actress. She is best known as Veronica Mars in Veronica Mars, Sarah Marshall in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Lucy from Assassin's Creed, Gossip Girl in... well, you know, and Princess Anna in Frozen. She is married to Dax Shepard of Punk'd and they have two daughters.
This actress provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion:
- As Herself: In the Gossip Girl finale where she appears to help Rachel Bilson rehearse for the movie adaptation of Dan (alias Gossip Girl - long story)'s book.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: The reason she wanted to be in Frozen, citing her love for The Little Mermaid and Aladdin growing up. Indeed, her tape of her singing songs from the former helped her get cast.
- Celebrity Voice Actor:
- As the eponymous Gossip Girl she isn't seen until the Series Finale (when she appears as herself) but she's certainly heard (if not credited); she also doubled as Veronica Mars's narrator and lent her pipes to The Cleveland Show, Astro Boy and the Assassin's Creed series.
- She also plays the lead in Frozen.
- Chronically Killed Actor: Turning into something of a pattern for her. Anna's a subversion, since she freezes, then is brought back to life by the power of love.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: In season two of Hou$e Of Lie$, it's not only hidden, but digitally removed during her sex scenes.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Usually. Although, he doesn't end up as the love interest she does share scenes with Danny DeVito in When in Rome possibly one of three adult actors shorter than her (the others are Verne Troyer and Peter Dinklage, to save your guessing).
- Ink-Suit Actor: Anna in Frozen looks a lot like Bell from the early Veronica Mars-era, with strawberry-blonde hair instead of gold-blonde. Anna even has Bell's very slight lazy right eye. Ditto Lucy Stillman in the Assassin's Creed series.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: She plays unpleasant characters in Heroes, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Burlesque (plus Gossip Girl isn't exactly sweetness and light what with all her tattling - and to be perfectly honest, even Veronica Mars has some rough edges to her, albeit totally justifiable considering the show was Freudian Excuse central), but many describe her as being ridiculously nice in the flesh. Stephen Tobolowsky recounts how she was 'terrified' and kept asking if he was okay while filming a scene on Heroes ...while Stephen was recovering from a broken neck. You can also consider the video game character she played, Lucy, as a "mean" character, to an extent, as she betrays the Assassins and drives one of them to suicide.
- Old Shame: She hates the fact that she starred in Movie 43 (as do most of the rest of the cast).
- One of Us: She likes Comic Con and several other interests. She's notably a fan of The Room and says she thinks it's so bad it's funny. Plus, she used to be a gamer.
- Promoted Fangirl: Kristen was a big fan of Heroes before she appeared on the show as Elle and has said that she "always wanted to be in a Disney movie".
- Star-Making Role: Bell got famous for playing in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Most fans believe she was famous much earlier due to Veronica Mars, though. Anna from Frozen also is one as a voice actor and singer, particularly for people who weren't aware of her work on Broadway.
- Those Two Actors: She has a habit of showing up in works with Dianna Agron (such as Heroes) even if they don't share scenes.
- Toilet Humor: She doesn't make it a secret that she loves fart jokes.
- Type Casting: As mentioned above, she has a slight history playing the Title Character. She also has a history of playing either Deadpan Snarkers or Woobies, sometimes both at the same time.
- Playing Against Type: She played an unsympathetic sociopath in Deadwood.
- Tears of Joy:
- "If I'm not between a 3 and a 7 on the emotional scale, I'm crying."
- Her reaction to getting a sloth on her birthday.