Dianna Agron, but you can call her Charlie.
"I feel as if I go to Africa, I may never come back. I'm just going to live with the animals and adopt an elephant, and it's going to be my friend."Dianna Elise Agron
is an actress, writer, singer, dancer and model who was born on the 30th of April 1986 in Georgia
. You probably know her from FOX
or The Family
because, let's face it, you forgot about I Am Number Four
. She won the "Breakthrough Newcomer" award in 2010, she's that good.
Interestingly, she sold her first screenplay six months before being cast on Glee
- which was the day before principal photography - but they didn't make it within a year so she has the rights back. This love of writing was evident on her tumblr
blog [felldowntherabbithole] and now with YM&C (You, Me & Charlie
). According to Vanity Fair
, YM&C is "full of sunshine, optimism, and pretty people".
On the Glee Live Tour in 2011 she famously came out
wearing a T-shirt saying "Likes Girls" in the same style as Chris Colfer's
"Likes Boys" one for "Born This Way
". Given the Les Yay
afforded her character (and herself sometimes
) lots of people drew conclusions
and so the next day she took to her blog and wrote out a three-and-a-half thousand word essay asserting she's not gay
, Not That There's Anything Wrong with Thatnote
Her favorite animals are elephants. She wrote, produced, directed and starred in the 2009 short A Fuchsia Elephant
- Glee: The Music Vol. 1 (2009)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 2 (2009)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 3 Showstoppers (2010)
- Glee: The Music The Christmas Album (2010)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 4 (2010)
- Glee: The Music Vol. 5 (2011)
- You know what, just have the Glee discography
Tropes associated with Dianna Agron:
- Actor-Shared Background: Agron loves photography about as much as character Sarah from I Am Number Four, having her own collection of digital and film cameras.
- Averted with Quinn in Glee because she wasn't popular in high school. Or maybe played straight because Lucy wasn't popular.
- She did have a nose job like Quinn.
- If you take the interpretation that she is the titular girl of "Just Another Girl", they both have a younger brother called Jason.
- All Jews Are Ashkenazi
- Badass Moustache/Girls with Moustaches: In "Just Another Girl"◊ (playing Brandon).
- Bifauxnen: See page image. Watch "Just Another Girl". Repeat.
- Contractual Purity: Even though her character was pregnant and is seen trying to get so again, the Moral Guardians are disgusted whenever this twenty-eight year old woman looks remotely sexy. Which is often.
- The Danza: In T.K.O. and Dinner With Raphael.
- Also, in the film she wrote and played a character called Charlotte in as she likes to be called 'Charlie'.
- Dawson Casting
- Fan Community Nickname: "Agronatics" (Agron+fanatics), and some "Agronauts" (Agron+astronauts).
- Diannatics (Dianna+fanatics) and Little Lambs common in South America.
- Fan Nickname: "little lamb", "Lady Di", "Queen", "Charlie"
- There's some (tragic, terribly dark, but still) humour that comes from her being called "Queen Dianna" and "Lady Di" when you remember that Lady Diana was going to be Queen (before she died).
- For Happiness: Her main motivation behind things like YM&C, and it would seem to pay off as apparently she has saved people's lives. (Sadly, the Charlie in that trope's description is bullied For the Evulz by Alice so she is Bob.)
- Friend to All Living Things
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Definitely has shades of this with Lea Michele.
- Mistaken for Gay: Often.
- One of Us
- Romance on the Set: With Alex Pettyfer of Number Four. It provided the brilliant Portmanteau Couple Name that was 'Dialex' (Die Alex).
- She's Got Legs
- Shout-Out: Her tumblr blog was fell down the rabbit hole, a reference to Alice in Wonderland.
- Southern Belle: From Savannah, GA. And raised in San Antonio, TX.
- Accentuated in this◊ Glamour shoot.
- Thirteen Is Unlucky: Like Taylor Swift, the complete opposite. In "10 Things You Didn't Know About..." she said that every Friday 13th wonderful things had happened, as well as it being, for her, a lucky number that most consider unlucky.
- Those Two Actors: She has a habit of showing up in works with Kristen Bell (such as Heroes) even if they don't share scenes.
- Tomboyish Nickname/Gender-Blender Nickname: Charlie
- Her character in Glee is called Quinn which she chooses over real name Lucy.
- Type Casting: Was always "the cheerleader".
- She lampshaded the fact in an interview, saying she doesn't want to play one again.
- Written, Produced and Directed by Cast Member: A Fuchsia Elephant.