Web Video: Burning Love
Burning Love is a web series parody of reality dating shows like The Bachelor and Rock of Love. Starring Ken Marino and Michael Ian Black, firefighter Mark must follow his heart to select one woman from fifteen to propose to. Many actors from The State and Party Down make an appearance. Despite that, Rob Thomas has nothing to do with the series.Hosted here on Yahoo.
This Web Series provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Mark continuously fumbles up on the pronunciation of Titi's name. No points for guessing what it is.
- Affectionate Parody: Of a variety of reality dating shows, most obviously The Bachelor.
- Butch Lesbian: In addition to being a lesbian, Carly is very physically fit and has a tough attitude.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Lexie becomes obsessed with Mark, to the point where she intrudes on his every conversation with a female contestant.
- Confession Cam: Where the characters can discuss how they won, lost, or are totally not gay.
- Only Sane Man: Annie and, when her love interests aren't involved, Carly
- The Ditz: Mark is this in spades.
- Third-Option Love Interest:
- Mark ends up rejecting both finalists of his season in favour of another woman who was sent home earlier. This woman, Ballerina, is turned down as well when he learns she's transexual, and Mark ends up getting together with fourth option Tamara G instead.
- In Julie's season, she also turns down both finalists in favour of a third man. Said third man, Blaze, ditches her immediately, leaving her to take a fourth option as well by marrying Mark.
- Transparent Closet: Janet Varney's character is clearly interested in the ladies, and is doing an absolutely terrible job of hiding it.