Western Animation: Glenn Martin DDS
Glenn Martin, DDS
is a stop motion Nicktoon airing on Nick at Night created by former Disney exec Michael Eisner and Celevrity Deathmatch creator Eric Fogel about a dentist (voiced by Kevin Nealon from Saturday Night Livenote
) and his family traveling cross country in their RV. It was only meant as a summer trip but since their house burned down, Glenn decided to continue the trip indefinitely.
It lasted 40 episodes and received negative, if not average, reviews from most critics.
Glenn Martin, DDS provides examples of:
- Adventure Towns: They go to different towns and cities each episode.
- All Love Is Unrequited
- Asian Airhead: Wendy is sometimes this, Depending on the Writer.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Courtney, Wendy, and Jackie.
- Chic And Awe
- Christmas Episode: "Deck The Malls". Inverted, as revealed in the end it took place around Thanksgiving.
- Fiery Redhead: Jackie Martin
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Not much of it, but it showed bleeding in some commercials. Not to mention they were showed during the kids' area.
- Shown much more prominently in the show, where decidedly much more sexual moments and the constant imagery of the dog's anus were commonly seen.
- Laugh Track: Used in the first season, thankfully omitted in the second.
- Magical Queer
- Meganekko: The store owner of Kitscheteria in "Deck The Malls".
- Naked People Trapped Outside: Actually, naked son hanging outside.
- No One Else Is That Dumb: When Jackie's ex-boyfriend uses plastic surgery to look exactly like Glen, Conner is able to tell them apart by seeing which one doesn't remember Jackie's birthday.
- Obnoxious In-Laws
- Take a Third Option: In one episode, Jackie is led to believe that her ancestor, Goody Price was a witch who was unjustly executed in Salem, then learns that she was a prostitute. At the end, it turns out that she was both. And she's still alive, somehow.
- The Ditz: Conor Martin
- You Can't Go Home Again: Because their house burned down.