Creator: Famke Janssen
Famke Janssen is a well-known actress.Though her birthday is disputed, The Other Wiki cites it as being November 5, 1965, and Janssen was born in The Netherlands. Apart her native Dutch, Famke also speaks English and French, as evidenced by her acting career. Her early career was that of a model, after a failed attempt at an economics degree in Amsterdam (described by the actress as one of her stupidest moves). She also produced several TV commercials. In the 1990s, she moved into acting. Several almost B Movie-level roles passed, including one with Jeff Goldblum, before she obtained a role in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "The Perfect Mate". This was quickly followed by a role in the Clive Barker adaptation Lord of Illusions. Her big break came with the James Bond revival movie Golden Eye in 1995. Famke won the role of thigh-crushing assassin Xenia Onatopp.Despite the potential pitfall of being a Bond Girl (there is talk of the curse that condemns many an actress' career, as seen with the output of over 50 percent of the actresses in the series after their Bond role), Janssen was savvy enough to not carve out an acting career based solely on blockbusters. After Deep Rising, she established herself as a talented indie actress, though she was notable for appearing in the creepy remake of House on Haunted Hill (1999). She then appeared in the three X-Men movies as Jean Grey, widely accepted as a decent portrayal of the character, despite the screwover she got during X-Men: The Last Stand — when X2: X-Men United clearly sets up the Dark Phoenix Saga, perhaps the most famed story from the comics.Since then, Janssen has been notable for playing transsexual life coach Ava Moore in Nip/Tuck and for her (finally!) leading roles in movies such as 100 Feet and Turn the River, as well as a role in Taken and its sequel.She also plays the manipulative matriarch Oliva Godfrey in the netflix original Hemlock Grove
She provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Famke occasionally plays this, in films like Deep Rising and I Spy.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Xenia. Phoenix, and her snippy bitch-wife in House on Haunted Hill.
- Dark Action Girl:
- Fake American: Watch her in X-Men and you would never guess she was Dutch. In fact, nearly all of her roles have been playing Americans.
- Fanservice: Her character in Golden Eye kills during sex. She has had the obligatory sex scene in a number of her movies.
- Lady in Red: Her first appearance in Golden Eye, the smoking number she wears throughout House on Haunted Hill, as Trillian for the first half of Deep Rising, and the outfit she wore as Dark Phoenix in The Last Stand.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Older Than They Look: According to The Other Wiki, she's nearly 50. She could pass for a woman in her late 20s.
- One of Us: After the first X-Men movie, Famke did a lot of research on her character and read up on the Dark Phoenix Saga, hoping that the story would eventually take place in the movies. It took two years for Famke to finally speak out against The Last Stand and she was understandably pissed that her character's role was so diminished.
- What Could Have Been: She was cast as Serleena (the alien who disguises herself as an underwear model) in Men In Black II, but had to drop out due to a death in the family.