100 Feet is a 2008 Horror Film featuring Famke Janssen, produced by Syfy and distributed by The Asylum after its film release. Janssen plays Marnie, a woman who has just been released from prison years after killing Mike, her police officer husband, in self-defense. She is returned to the house she shared with her husband, but is under house arrest, unable to get more than 100 feet away from the transmitter. Her neighbors won't talk to her and Shanks, her husband's former partner, harasses her and keeps her under surveillance. Worst, her husband's ghost hasn't left and he wants revenge.
This Film Contains Examples Of:
- Ax-Crazy: Mike is utterly unhinged as a ghost.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Takes both sides of the coin. Marnie gets badly bruised throughout the film, but never suffers any broken bones despite being repeatedly struck hard enough to be thrown across the room.
- Bittersweet Ending: Marnie is free of her husband's ghost and her husband's partner has reported her dead, so she is free to live a new life, but she is a fugitive from justice and is penniless.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Mike brutally murders Joey by beating him to death, to the point where his jaw is popping off.
- Crime of Self-Defense: Marnie killed her husband in the heat of defending herself after he went after her with the knife. She has police reports indicating that she was a battered spouse. She was still sentenced to prison.
- Domestic Abuse: Mike battered Marnie from the time they were married until his death. And beyond.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: The cat that took up residence in the apartment can apparently sense Mike before he manifests.
- Haunted House: The protagonist is prevented from leaving by the electronic leash of her house arrest gear.
- Implicit Prison: Marnie is unable to move more than 100 feet from the transmitter. Her front door is just barely out of reach of the range, as is her basement.
- Killing In Self-Defense: Marnie only killed Mike when he came after her with a knife.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Mike's murder of Joey. He headbutts the guy so many times that he becomes visible from the mask of blood shed by his victim.
- Out, Damned Spot!: Marnie several times paints over the bloodstain from where she killed Mike, but it keeps coming back.
- Revenge Before Reason: When Shanks tries to help Marnie and convince Mike to move on, he instead locks them in the house and sets it ablaze.
- Shanks has this at the beginning, choosing to hate and blame Marnie for the death of his friend and partner, ignoring the evidence of Mike's Domestic Abuse and that Marnie killed him in self defense. He does eventually come to realize how wrong he is and even helps Marnie at the end.
- Take Back Your Gift: How Marnie eventually stops Mike, by throwing her wedding band to him, symbolically ridding herself of her last tie to him.