"Must go faster. Must go faster."
Jeff Goldblum is, uh
, an American Actor known for his portrayal, uh, of quirky/nerdy characters, as well as his, uh unique form of, uh, di-dialogue delivery, which, uh, has became one of the most memorable parts of his, uh, career, averting the, uh, t-trope that Realistic Diction Is Unrealistic
. He, uh, also was the, uh, subject of an early internet meme
in the, uh, late 1990s, in which a, uh, sc-sc-sc-screenshot from, uh, The Fly
(1986) was given the, uh, caption "Jeff Goldblum is watching you poop!". Ah, uh, fame.
And he is, uh, actually alive, despite what, uh, Google tells you
. Same goes for, uh, Stephen Colbert
and, uh, Goldblum himself
, and, uh, yeah.Checkmate
Though typecast as white and nerdy eccentric intellectual types, Goldblum has been quite The Casanova
in real life. His second wife was none other than Geena Davis, and he had a long time relationship with actress Laura Dern
, whom he met while working on Jurassic Park
He appeared in:
Tropes commonly associated with Jeff Goldblum's work:
- Gibbering Genius: Typecast. Might be considered trope's patron saint. In the interests of space, the trope lists exceptions for him rather than examples.
- Older than They Look: His hair may be going grey, but he still looks pretty good for someone born in 1952.
- Running Gag: "Must go faster." He finds a way to shoehorn that line into most of his roles.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: At 6'4½", he's one of the tallest A-List actors in Hollywood, second only to Tim Robbins' and Vince Vaughn's 6'5".
- Verbal Tic: He tends to stutter and "um" and "uh" while speaking. Lends to a bit of irony to casting him as Aaron, the brother of Moses, in The Prince of Egypt, as in the original book, Moses begs for Aaron to speak for him because he lacks his stutter.