American actress, born April 29, 1970 in Boston, Massachusetts, best known for starring in Pulp Fiction, Batman & Robin, Kill Bill, Dangerous Liaisons, Gattaca, The Truth About Cats and Dogs, and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, where she plays Venus. Yes, that Venus. She also played Poison Ivy and Emma Peel.Known for being Quentin Tarantino's (platonic) muse. At least until 2014, when they started dating...
This actress provides examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: A couple of her roles later on in her career are good examples.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Well-known for averting this trope in a number of Tarintino films including Pulp Fiction where she overdoses and its shown in all its gory horror with blood and spittle everywhere, and Kill Bill where she's knocked senseless and drenched in blood by the end of the bigger set-pieces.
- Celebrity Song: Fall Out Boy has one named after her, where the chorus references her dancing scene in Pulp Fiction.
- Dyeing for Your Art: From the usual changing color of her hair, using her own voice for musical roles (uncommon for non-singing actresses), to the extremes such as doing full nude scenes, learning martial arts for months, and doing her own stunts.
- Large Ham: In Batman and Robin as Poison Ivy and Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief as Medusa.
- Ms. Fanservice: In Baron Munchausen, Dangerous Liaisons, Batman and Robin and The Avengers.
- Statuesque Stunner: At a solid 6' she can tower over most cast mates, especially in heels, as seen in The Producers where she easily has a full head over Love Interest, Matthew Broderick.