Franchise: One Piece
In a world of endless oceans and exotic islands, a Golden Age of Piracy has arisen following the execution of the infamous "King of Pirates", Gold Roger. With his last words, Roger announced that he had stockpiled every piece of his plunder in a single location, and challenged the world to find and claim his hidden treasury for themselves.Following this, aspiring pirates and treasure hunters from across the globe set out for the Grand Line, the most dangerous and unpredictable stretch of ocean in the entire world. There, they hope to find Roger's ultimate cache, which would come to be known as the "One Piece".One Piece, a ridiculously popular manga by Eiichiro Oda, has also been adapted into an anime, movies, image songs and so on; THE most popular manga in Japan known for its universal appeal with stories of entire families reading it. Among the most popular manga ever created and busting multiple sales records and with over 345 million volumes in circulation worldwide. Something a bit lost on English speaking otaku as in America it just never hit those heights, though is by no means unpopular. Over 750 chapters have been published since the series' beginning in 1997, and the anime adaptation, which started in 1999, is reaching 700 episodes and counting.The works in this franchise so far are:
Anime and manga
- One Piece: what started it all and what you're probably looking for. The still on-going manga and anime series. Here's the recap page.
- Animated movies:
- One Piece: The Movie: First movie, only half an hour long. Takes place before the crew meet Sanji. The Straw Hats get involved in a treasure hunt.
- Clockwork Island Adventure: Another half-hour movie. Set in East Blue. The Straw Hat's ship is stolen. While in pursuit, Nami is kidnapped, which leads the crew to a island under oppression from her kidnappers, leading the crew to mount a rescue attempt.
- Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals: Yet another short film. Rides on the large popularity of Chopper, and contains many a Green Aesop.
- Dead End Adventure: First full length movie in the series. The Straw Hats participate in a race.
- The Cursed Holy Sword: Focuses heavily on Zoro. The Straw Hats get involved in a mystical quarrel involving a cursed ancient artifact.
- Baron Omatsuri And The Secret Island: Differs widely in art style from the other movies, is much darker, and is the only one where Luffy outright kills the antagonist.
- The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle: The crew wind up in yet another treasure hunt, this time on an island governed by an eccentric clockwork inventor. Notable for having a different voice for Chopper at the time (due to Ikue Otani being on maternity leave) and gratuitous amounts of Gainaxing.
- The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta: This is a retelling of the Alabasta Arc, compressing it down to about an hour and a half, starting the action where Luffy first directly meets Crocodile. It is noteworthy for being the first part of the franchise to be dubbed and released by Funimation, coming out just a couple months after the 4Kids-dubbed Alabasta episodes aired.
- Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Sakura: Like the last movie, it's a retelling of a story arc – this time, Drum Island. Only it's set in an alternate universe where all subsequent arcs from Alabasta to Post-Enies Lobby have already occurred. In other words, Robin and Franky are on the crew instead of Vivi, and they're sailing on the Sunny instead of the Merry.
- One Piece Film: Strong World: The tenth movie, written by Oda himself. It takes place between the Thriller Bark saga and the Sabaody Archipelago arc. This is the second movie to be dubbed by Funimation, and is currently the only movie considered canon.
- One Piece 3D: Straw Hat Chase: The first 3D movie, albeit only half an hour long. Tries out some interesting 3D action choreography that would be hard to do in the regular Anime series.
- One Piece Film: Z: Takes place between the Fishman Island arc and Punk Hazard arc, and is the first One Piece movie to be set after the Time Skip. Like the tenth, it was written by Oda himself. It was initially planned to be canon, but after too many inconsistencies with the Manga were noted, Oda decided to declare it non-canon instead.
- A 13th One Piece movie, slated for release on Summer 2016.
Crossover and Specials
- Cross Epoch: A manga crossover with Dragon Ball
- Dream 9 Super Collaboration Special: Part of a three-way crossover with Dragon Ball and Toriko
- Also has cross done three more crossovers with Toriko. A manga special and two anime episodes.
- 3D2Y A special that takes place during the time skip and follows Luffy and Boa Hancock taking on an enemy together.
- One Piece: Defeat The Pirate Ganzak!
- One Piece: Logue Town Chapter
- Clockwork Island Adventure
- One Piece: Thousand-year Dragon Legend
- Chopper's Kingdom on the Island of Strange Animals
- Dead End Adventure
- The Cursed Holy Sword
- Baron Omatsuri And The Secret Island
- The Giant Mechanical Soldier Of Karakuri Island
- The Desert Princess and the Pirates: Adventures in Alabasta
- Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Sakura
- One Piece: Grand Battle!
- One Piece (video game)
- One Piece: Pirates Carnival
- One Piece: Grand Adventure
- One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 2
- Unlimited Cruise SP (a Nintendo 3DS port of both Unlimited Cruise Episodes bundled together)
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors
- One Piece: Romance Dawn
- One Piece: Unlimited World Red
- One Piece: Gigant Battle
- One Piece: Gigant Battle 2: New World
- One Piece: Treasure Cruise