Anime: Clockwork Island Adventure
This is One Piece's second movie Clockwork Island Adventure. The movie presumably takes place at some point during Logue Town on their way to Reverse Mountain.While relaxing on a beach, the Straw Hats find that Going Merry is stolen by thieves. They chase it down and encounters a dangerous group of pirates called the Trump Siblings with their leader Bear King who wants to be the Pirate King. He then kidnaps Nami with the rest of the Straw Hats journeying to Clockwork Island to retrieve her and defeat the Trump Siblings.
This movie contains examples of:
This movie contains examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: Sanji severely injures his own feet trying to kick Boo Jack's spiked balls, since he doesn't have his shoes on. He gets better, though.
- Animal Motifs: Each of the Trump Siblings has one. Bear King is a bear. Honey Queen is a honey bee. Pin Joker is a kiwi bird. Boo Jack is a pig. Skunk One is a skunk.
- BFG: Bear King's plan is based on using a colossal, highly dangerous cannon, named King Cannon, to take over East Blue and then the world, allowing him to become the Pirate King.
- Big Bad: Bear King and his band of the Trump Siblings
- Blondes Are Evil: Honey Queen.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Pin Joker wants a rematch with Zoro because the latter gave him a scar across his face. Zoro doesn't remember him at all.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In the beginning, when most of the Straw Hats are without their weapons and regular clothing, the Trump Siblings easily trounce them. But once they get them back...
- Dirty Coward: Honey Queen, despite being a Logia user, decides to run away after the defeat of the other Siblings.
- Distressed Damsel: Nami, which kicks off the plot of the movie
- Doomed Hometown: Clockwork Island itself as the key to the island inevitably gets destroyed in the final fight. However the residents were quite prepared for such an outcome via parachutes and didn't even mind losing the island, preferring that then having the Trump Pirates rule it.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: How Luffy defeats Bear King by catching the cannon bullet fired at him, grabbing the building with his legs and spinning till the force snaps him back toward Bear King and he hits him with the appropriately named "Gum Gum Screw Attack"
- Family Theme Naming: Aside from the Animal Motif, the top Trump siblings' names refer to the most important cards in a deck in which most games revolve around. Bear King. Honey Queen. Pin Joker. Boo Jack. Skunk One/Ace.
- Fartillery: Skunk One uses a jetpack that uses fart gas to fly and knock out his opponents.
- Happily Adopted: Akisu of the Thief Brothers as he was found floating in the ocean by his adopted brother, Borodo It's eventually revealed that Clockwork Island is his home island as his parents sent him out to sea when he was a baby to keep from being ruled over by the Trump Pirates.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Borodo attempts to pull this by strapping himself with dynamite, intending to take the Trump siblings with him. However, doing so will destroy Clockwork Island's key, which will also destroy the island itself.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: How some of the Trump Siblings lose the Straw Hats in round two.
- Pin Joker has his poisoned darts are reflected back to him, weakening him enough for Zoro to finish him.
- Skunk One tries to beat Usopp by his gas but Usopp shoots an explosive into his jetpack and blows him out of the sky.
- Bear King is defeated by his own King Cannon bullet.
- I Choose to Stay: Despite Akisu finding his true parents and home, he chooses to continue sailing with Borodo.
- The Family That Slays Together: The Trump Siblings. Though they don't look like relatives.
- Large and In Charge: Bear King is the boss of the Trump Siblings and also the largest of them.
- Made of Iron: Bear King ate the Rock Rock fruit, which makes his body harder than stone. This makes him Nigh Invulnerable and also allows him to heat up his own fists.
- Making a Splash: Honey Queen ate the Melt Melt Fruit, allowing her to turn her whole body in an unspecified liquid.
- Ms. Fanservice: Honey Queen, who on the top of being beautiful and buxom must undress to use her Logia powers.
- Running Gag: Pin Joker mangles idioms constantly and someone always corrects him. Also Boo Jack asking riddles to the Strawhats, and the answer always being "Bear King".
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Nami seals Honey Queen in a jar when she tries to escape in liquid form.
- Shotgun Wedding: Bear King attempts to do this with Nami.
- Spikes of Villainy: Boo Jack's Spike Spike Armor looks like a simple jacket but can grow spikes like a pufferfish.
- Tempting Fate: Boo Jack personally himself an enemy of Sanji's by mocking him and calling him weak after he caught Sanji off guard with his attacks. But once Sanji got his shoes back ...
- Verbal Tic: Skunk Jack ends all his sentences with "gas".