Anime: Choppers Kingdom On The Island Of Strange Animals
Chopper's Kingdom On The Island Of Strange Animals is the third One Piece film in the long running franchise.As the title suggests, Chopper takes the spotlight in this one as the Straw Hats manage to make their way to Crown Island in search of the legendary Crowning Treasure Horns. However their arrival coincides with the death of island's ruler, Kirin Lion, much to his adoptive son, Mobambi's, dismay. As such the island waits for it's new ruler signaled by geysers around the island (hence the name Crown Island). The Straw Hats wound up caught in one of the geysers and sent flying where Chopper is thrown off the Merry Go. He lands right in front of Mobambi and the animals who believe him to be the next king since he "fell from the sky".Meanwhile the Straw Hats, after landing safely, begin their search for Chopper. Coming across a suspicious individual, Count Butler, and his cohorts who are also after the the Crowning Treasure Horns and killing the island's inhabitants to find it. What follows is a race to get to Chopper before Butler does and try to prevent the poacher from getting his hands on the horns.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: At the end of the movie, Mobambi is crowned the new king for his bravery in trying to stop Butler.
- Came from the Sky: The animals believe Chopper to be their king thanks to this. In truth he was just flung off from the Merry when it went flying and happened to land right in front of them.
- Canon Discontinuity: While the films are considered stand alone fillers, they're usually set in points in between story arcs so you can tell how far along the Straw Hats have progressed. The filmmakers who made this movie however didn't take this into account as at the time the main story was transitioning from the Alabasta to the Jaya arc. Meaning a member was missing from the crew. If this was meant to be before going to Alabasta, then Vivi would still be with the bunch. If it was set after, then Robin would be with the crew. Neither women are present in the movie and thus the canonicity is unlikely.
- Epic Flail: Hotdog tries to use one to smash Zoro before resorting to kicks.
- Evil Poacher: Butler
- Humans Are Bastards: Somewhat explored though ultimately subverted
- Raised by Wolves: Mobambi after he wound up shipwrecked on the island.
- Musical Assassin: Butler who can use his violin to mind control animals called Horn Eaters to do his bidding (which oddly affects Luffy as well) as well as wields a tambourine shaped ax.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Karasuke to Mobambi
- Obviously Evil: Butler, the man even has an outfit with the word "evil" on the back for crying out loud.
- One-Winged Angel: When Butler eats the Treasure Horns, he becomes a hulking beast.
- Clipped Wing Angel: Once the horns are destroyed however...
- Overly Long Name: Seriously the title's a mouthful
- Playing Against Type: Normally Zoro and Sanji would battle the swordsman and martial artist respectively in the Big Bad's Quirky Mini Boss Squad. However in this one it's reversed, Zoro goes up against Hot Dog, a man who attacks with kicks while Sanji fights Heaby, a swordsman.
- Punny Name: Karasuke is a pun on Karasu (crow) and Suke, a typical suffix for japanese names. Heaby sounds like Hebi (snake).
- Red Baron: Hotdog "The Crazy Dog" and Heaby "The Poisonous Snake".
- Short Anime Movie
- Talking Animal: Two in the movie, Karasuke, Mobambi's friend and a bald parrot who acts as an old sage for the kingdom.
- Whip Sword: Heaby's weapon of choice. According to Sanji, that's nothing compared to Zoro's.
- You Killed My Father: Mobambi to Butler.