Halestorm is a four person rock band from Red Lion Pennsylvannia consisting of Lzzy Hale (vocals, keyboard, rhythm and lead guitar) Arejay Hale (percussion) Joe Hottinger (lead guitar) and Josh Smith (bass guitar). They started to take off after the song "Here's to Us" was featured
. Not to be confused with Alestorm
, or literal hail storms.Discography
- Halestorm (2009)
- The Strange Case of... (2012)
The band has examples of the following tropes:
- All Drummers Are Animals: Arejay once was rocking out, kicked his cymbal into the crowd and had to ask for it back.
- Ethical Slut: Lzzy portrays this in a few] songs.
- Female Gaze: "American Boys" is all about this.
- Intercourse with You: A lot of their songs, but they also covered Heart's "All I Wanna Do Is to Make Love to You".
- Obligatory Bondage Song: "Dirty Work" is a straight up sex song, but lines like "Get on your knees and let the games begin" certainly paint it in a different light. Also the line "I miss the rough sex" in "I Miss the Misery" is rather clear.
- Literary Allusion Title: Their second album, to The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde of course. There's even a song called "Mz. Hyde" on it.
- Precision F-Strike:
- Several on The Strange Case of..., especially "Here's to Us".
- And while a different F, Lzzy said "faggot" in their cover on a Marilyn Manson song (1996).
- Textless Album Cover: The Strange Case of...; the cover is just a photograph of the band with a black background and the band in black clothes and makeup.
- Visual Pun: "Halestorm". Get it? "Hailstorm"?
- Xtreme Kool Letterz:
- "Lzzy" without the usual "I". The band's name averts this as two of its founders are siblings with the surname Hale.
- "Mz. Hyde".
- Zettai Ryouiki: Lzzy has a grade A on the cover for The Strange Case of...