Music / Device
Device is an Industrial Metal band formed in 2012 by David Draiman, the frontman for the band Disturbed
, and Geno Lenardo, the former guitarist of Filter
. The touring band features drummer Will Hunt (currently of Evanescence
) and guitarist Virus (formerly of Dope
) rounding them out to four members. Their first hit single "Vilify" was released to radio on Febuary 19, 2013 ahead of their first, Self-Titled Album
(which was later released on April 9, 2013).
- David Draiman:Vocals/Writing
- Geno Lenardo: Guitars/Writing
- Virus: Guitars/Backing Vocals
- Will Hunt: Drums
This band shows examples of the following tropes
- Bald of Awesome : David of course.
- Cluster F-Bomb: : "You Think you Know" has this in the first verse.
- Cover Version: "Close My Eyes Forever" with guest vocals from Halestorm vocalist Lzzy Hale. The deluxe edition also has a cover of "Wish" by Nine Inch Nails.
- Flipping the Bird: David does this during the "Vilify" video but it gets blurred out.
- Self-Titled Album
- Industrial Metal: In the vein of Nine Inch Nails or Ministry
- Metal Scream : David's shouted vocals, growling, and Grunts
- Nu Metal: Particularly on "Hunted"
- Special Guest : Five of them on their first album.
- Super Group : Featuring David Draiman of Disturbed, Geno Lenardo formerly of Filter, Virus of Dope, and Will Hunt of Evanescence and formerly of Black Label Society. They also have guests such as M.Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold, Serj Tankian of System of a Down, Lzzy Hale of Halestorm, "Geezer" Butler of Black Sabbath, Glenn Hughes of Deep Purple, and Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: Played with on their cover of "Close My Eyes Forever" by Ozzy Osbourne and Lita Ford.
- Precision F-Strike: Used on "Vilify", "Out of Line", "War of Lies", and "A Part of Me"
- Take That, Critics!: "Vilify". Though this is more about critics of Draiman as a person rather than their actual music.
- Wild Hair: Will◊ has this mixed with Messy Hair
- Virus has a weird variation on this.