Music / The Devil Wears Prada
Not to be confused with the book and movie of the same name
, TDWP is a six piece Screamo
band from Dayton, Ohio formed in 2005. With a fusion of Christian-themed lyrics and Word Salad Title
songs, TDWP has become one of the most successful Christian Metalcore
acts around. They've so far released four full-length albums and one EP.Members:
- Mike Hranica - lead vocals/screams
- Chris Rubey - lead guitar
- Jeremy DePoyster - rhythm guitar, clean vocals
- Andy Trick - bass
- Daniel Williams - drums
- James Baney - keyboards
- 2006 - Dear Love: A Beautiful Discord
- 2007 - Plagues
- 2009 - With Roots Above and Branches Below
- 2010 - Zombie (EP)
- 2011 - Dead Throne
Tropes associated with The Devil Wears Prada:
- Album Title Drop: Sassafras for "With Roots Above and Branches Below."
- Artifact Title: Subverted. They assumed the book was about anti-materialism, but after reading the book, they decided to rework the title to fit their own view.
"When standing before God, he won't care about your sweet Prada scarf or Gucci shoes or whatever. It's a Christian reasoning for the name, we didn't name it to attempt at being fashionable or whatever." (Mike Hranica)
- Christian Rock: Nowhere near as wholesome as one might think though.
- Large Ham: Mike seems to enjoy being one, espcially when he guest spotted on A Day To Remember's I'm Made Of Wax Larry music video.
- Lyrical Dissonance: In their more Christian-themed songs, reading the lyrics and listening to the hard music style can be slightly jarring.
- Metal Scream: As per Metalcore fashion, Mike employs this alot.
- Soprano and Gravel: Jeremy (soprano) Mike (gravel).
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: Louder Than Thunder, sung entirely by Jeremy.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The Zombie EP, naturally. The songs exercise every trope found in the genre.