Music: A Day to Remember
A Day to Remember is a band from Ocala, Florida mainly known for their unusual amalgamation of Metalcore, Pop Punk, Emo, and even a few smatterings of Death Metal in their music.Founded in 2003, the band made the rounds on independent tours before being signed to a major label. Since then, they've become one of the most successful bands of the Metalcore/Pop Punk genres.Oh yeah, and frontman, Jeremy McKinnon made a guest appearance on Pawn Stars.Members:
- Jeremy McKinnon - Vocals
- Alex Shelnutt - Drums
- Kevin Skaff - Lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards
- Neil Westfall - Rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Joshua Woodard - Bass guitar
- Tom Denney - Lead guitar, backing vocals
- Bobby Scruggs - Drums
- Brandon Roberts - Drums
- And Their Name Was Treason (2005)
- For Those Who Have Heart (2007)
- Homesick (2009)
- What Seperates Me From You (2010)
- Common Courtesy (2013)
Tropes associated with ADTR:
- Audience Participation Song: They have a lot of these.
- Careful with That Axe
- Cover Version: Of "Cable Car" by The Fray and "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson.
- "I Want" Song: "All Signs Point to Lauderdale," which is about the narrator wanting to get out of a bad situation and find something to stand for.
- And,of course,"All I Want".
- Love Nostalgia Song: "If It Means A Lot to You"
- Metal Scream
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Generally a 7-8.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: It certainly is something.
- Serious Business: Played for Laughs in the music video for "I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of" with the guys playing kickball against little kids. And it guest spots Mike Hranica of The Devil Wears Prada being a Large Ham.
- Self-Parody: The Homesick and What Separates Me From You web series. The former is a parody of the The Real World.
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll: Averted. They're straight edge.