"Let's go back to the start like it used to be / Before you fell apart and you blamed it on me / Back when you were my friend - do you remember back then? / All the plans that we made - can we get back to those days?"
open/close all folders
- Call-and-response song: the live performances of "Die MF Die".
- "Say 'I'! Say 'I'!"
- "'Burn, burn, burn motherfucker!' Say it!"
- Medley: "Die, Boom, Bang, Burn, Fuck", off No Regrets.
- Lighter and softer: To many fans, their 2003 album Group Therapy.
- Darker and edgier: Their album No Regrets takes on a more traditonal, modern heavy metal approach, with guitar solos and more aggressive drumming.
- Surprisingly gentle song: "Sing", and "Another Day Goes By", both off Group Therapy
- Repurposed pop song: Dead or Alive's hit '80s single "You Spin Me 'round" was covered for the American Psycho film soundtrack.
- Cover version: They've covered Billy Idol, Dead or Alive, Depeche Mode and N.W.A.
- "I Am" song: one of their songs off Group Therapy is entitled just that.
- Title only chorus: "Let's Fuck", off American Apathy, and "Die MF Die" of course.
- Breakup song: "With or Without You" and "Always" are both good examples of the "teetering on the brink..." variety.
- Love nostalgia song: "Always", lyrics from which can be seen on the top of this very page, although it is implied that Edsel is still in the relationship as he wrote the song.
- Love is a drug: "Addiction".
- She's like cocaine, heroin, alcohol and vicodin...
- Intercourse with you: "Let's Fuck", "Addiction", and "Sex Machine".
- Pep talk song: In a way, "Take Your Best Shot".
- Rockstar song: Inverted, with "Debonaire".
- Mohs scale of rock and metal hardness: Ranges from a 5 ("Sing") to a solid 8 ("Die MF Die").
- Sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll: As far as the sex and rock 'n' roll are concerned, Dope are covered. But interestingly, the band derived their name from the fact that they actually sold drugs to afford their instruments back in the early days.
- Face of the band: Edsel.
- Stage name: Edsel Dope's birth name is Brian Charles Ebejer.
- Band of relatives: Edsel's brother, going by the name Simon Dope, used to be in the band.
- Lolicon: Former guitarist Tripp Eisen, also of Static-X fame, was charged with sexual assault of underage girls on at least two occasions, in the span of a couple of weeks.