Dorso is a legendary Gore-Grindcore Metal/Jazz-Fusion band from Chile, formed in 1984 by Rodrigo “Pera” Cuadra and Yamal Eltit.Their music lyrics, in Spanish/Spanglish, are based in horror movies, H.P. Lovecraft, alien invasions and more.Albums:
- Bajo Una Luna Cámbrica (1989)
- Romance (1991)
- El Espanto Surge De La Tumba (1993)
- Big Monsters Aventura (1995)
- Disco Blood (1998)
- Lari La Live! (2002)
- Unplugged Cosmico (2007)
- Espacium (2008)
Genres played by Dorso:
- Avant-Garde: Bajo una luna cambrica.
- Country Music: Zombies from Mapocho sound like this.
- Death Metal
- Industrial Metal: Songs like Cadaveria, Il maniaco.
- Progressive Rock: Romance.
- Thrash Metal
Dorso provides examples of:
- Concept Album:
- Romance is a Fantasy Tale.
- Big Monsters Aventura is all about old horror movies.
- Espacium is about Space Horror.
- Gorn: The bread and butter of the lyrics and music videos of the band.
- Giant Spider: The spiders in Consumer By Pollito Spider.
- Gratuitous English: Most of the lyrics, sometimes being made in Spanglish or enterely in English as well only the titles are in this language.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Samurai We Fight! is about a Samurai turned in a cyborg. Also, this line from Dr.Mortis"Dr. Mortis, too much bloody!Turn your bodyIn a spiderzombiemonstervampiro from hell!"
- One-Hit Wonder: For those ones who aren't acquainted with the band nor the genres they play, Disco Blood is this, mostly because the song and music video was emitted during The '90s Cult Classic TV show Maldita Seanote , being "Pera" Cuadra one of the presenters of the show.
- Toilet Humor: The song Zombies from Mapocho is about zombies made of crap.