Creator: Olivia Munn
Olivia Munn (born Lisa Olivia Munn) is a American actress and TV personality. She is better known as former co-host of G4's Attack of the Show! with Kevin Pereira, where much of the show was dedicated to her comedic antics, not to mention her Ms. Fanservice moments. She left G4 in 2010, for a correspondent position at The Daily Show, which was her breakout into the mainstream and started garnering more prominent acting roles.It's also worth noting opinions on her are highly divisive in regard to her image and "authenticity," mainly due to her sexy image and whether or not she's a geek. But she does have an awareness of the controversy and usually plays to it occasionally.In 2012 she was cast as financial analyst Sloan Sabbith in The Newsroom, the new HBO series written and produced by Aaron Sorkin. In 2016, she be portraying Psylocke in X-Men: Apocalypse.Also known for jumping into a giant pie in a sexy maid outfit.
Notable Films/TV Shows
- Beyond The Break (2006)
- Attack of the Show! (co-host, 2006-2010)
- Big Stan (2007)
- Greek (2009)
- Insanitarium (2009)
- The Slammin' Salmon (2009)
- The Daily Show (2010-2011)
- Perfect Couples (2010)
- Date Night (2010)
- Iron Man 2 (2010)
- I Don't Know How She Does It (2011)
- The Newsroom (2012)
- Magic Mike (2012)
- Deliver Us from Evil (2014)
Tropes associated with this actress include:
- Adorkable: It shows in some of Attack of the Show! skits.
- But Not Too Foreign: She is of Chinese and American heritage. Though during her recent visit to Singapore to promote The Newsroom, she has admitted to growing up frustrated with having "more Chinese eyes, ... brown hair."
- Deadpan Snarker: Her preferred comic style.
- Gasshole (0:37)
- Irony as She Is Cast: Munn has been a sex symbol for a while, but the character she plays on The Newsroom is reluctant to be Ms. Fanservice.
- Malaproper: "McHammer."
- Ms. Fanservice: And how. This actually led to a mini-controversy when she was hired on The Daily Show since she doesn't have a background in comedy and it was perceived she was only hired for eye candy.
- One of Us/Gamer Chick: People will debate this until they're blue in the face, but yes Olivia Munn does have some geek/gamer cred. Her biography Suck It, Wonder Woman! details that she played video games as a kid, she can assemble PCs, and likes Star Wars. Also, in her biography she says she always felt kinship towards geeks since she was a socially awkward child.
- She Really Can Act: Between the hot dog swallowing, pie-jumping and sexy cosplay, people forget that Olivia Munn is first and foremost, an actress. Her role as Sloan Sabbith in The Newsroom has made critics sit up and take notice.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's afraid of balloons.