An American actor, racecar driver and musician born on December 5, 1985. He is best known for playing the lead character in the hit Fox sitcom Malcolm in the Middle as well as in Big Fat Liar and the Agent Cody Banks movies.During the late 90s and early 2000s he was one of the most bankable and well known child/teen actors in Hollywood; he chose to distance himself from acting to pursue a career as a professional racecar driver and later as a drummer (he is currently the drummer to indie rock band Kingsfoil), although he has continued to appear in several TV shows as a guest star (most notably in Criminal Minds).
Tropes Associated with Frankie Muniz:
- As Himself: He has played himself several times in different TV shows and at least one film.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Most notably he voiced Chester McBadBat (the trailer trash kid with braces) in The Fairly OddParents! during the early episodes. He was replaced with Jason Marsden in later episodes.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Cassey Affleck, say some.
- Former Child Star: Averted. After reaching success as a child/teen actor, he went on to become a racecar driver and then a musician, is currently engaged, and overall seems to be doing all right.
- I Am Not Spock: He will always be Malcolm to his fans.
- Playing Against Type: Jonny McHale in Criminal Minds.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: For some reason there are plenty of YouTube videos claiming he's dead. He did have a TIA ("mini stroke") just before his 27th birthday, but he quickly recovered.
- Star-Making Role: Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle.