open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Dirty Pair:
- In the 4th episode of the anime, a man named Romeo ends up having his shower invaded by Yuri who is trying to chase after a cat with his fiance Juliet unhappy about. The same situation happens again with Kei barging in this time and Juliet getting mad once again ready to divorce him.
- The movie Dirty Pair: Project Eden has a scene where Yuri and Kei are both having bubble baths and having their girl talk interrupted when Carson D. Carson falls into their tubs and then a monster attacks right after.
- Shizuka suffers from this constantly in Doraemon.
- Happens to Bulma in the 2nd chapter and episode of Dragon Ball.
- During chapter 42 of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, Hayasaka tries to relax in the bath but Kaguya keeps on barging in to ask for help in setting up a Twitter account.
- In Nana, Hachi has interrupted Nana's baths on a few times.
- Esmeraude has her bath interrupted at both the beginning and end of an episode of Sailor Moon R.
- Blair's bath time is interrupted when Soul crashes through the window and lands in the tub face first right into her breasts during the first episode of Soul Eater.
- In the first Tenchi Muyo!! movie, Tenchi Muyo! In Love, Kiyone who is having a bath in an oil drum gets teleported out of it by Washu.
- The last episode of Zenderman has the resident Terrible Trio end up transporting into ancient Egypt in the bathroom of Cleopatra VII Philopator while she was having a bath in her bathing pool.
- Asterix at the Olympic Games: Chief Vitalstatistix is in his bath when a Roman centurion comes to call. Unwilling to get out when he just got in, he has his bearers put the tub on the shield and carry him before the centurion. The centurion thinks this a Gallic custom, so when Vitalstatistix comes to the camp, he finds the centurion ready to parley in his own tub.
- Subverted in one Judge Dredd story: two criminals break into an apartment, only to realize it's Dredd's, who's in the bath. He proceeds to neutralize them without getting out of the tub, because it's been far too long since he had one (as opposed to a shower).
- In Tintin, Captain Haddock once had to answer a phone call while in his bath. Hearing the ringing, he first put the shower on his ear like a receiver.
- One of the strip's running gags involves Dagwood being interrupted while he's in the tub, usually by phone calls, repairmen, or neighbor kid Elmo.
- Not even Blondie herself is immune. After launching her catering business, an arrogant bridezilla charges into the Bumstead home to make changes to the reception menu while Blondie is naked and aghast in the tub.
- In Andy Capp, a neighbor of Andy's receives a phone call while he's in the bath that turns out to be a wrong number intended for Andy. He rushes over to Andy's house, wearing just a towel, to complain about it. "Tell him to call later," answers Andy, "I'm in my bath."
Films — Animation
- Aladdin: While drowning, Aladdin rubs the lamb for help and thus disturbs the Genie as he's having a shower.
Genie: Never fails. You get in the bath, there's a rub at the lamp.
- In The Savannah Reid Mysteries, Savannah's Candlelit Baths are supposed to be relaxing, a time when nothing disturbs her. Unfortunately, they frequently get interrupted by phone calls.
- In Foundation, one story opens with the protagonist being interrupted in his shower by a fellow Trader bringing an urgent assignment.
- The 'Allo 'Allo! episode "The Nicked Knockwurst" opens with a scene with the main character taking a bath that is interrupted over and over again, much to his growing annoyance.
- Zoey 101: In "Webcam", the girls get back at Logan for secretly taping them by staging a scene where they knock out Kazu. When Logan watches the scene on his computer, he retrieves Dean Rivers from his shower and takes him to the girls' dorm, only to see that everything's fine and that he just exposed his scheme. An infuriated Rivers then takes him to his office for interrupting his shower for nothing.
- Friends : A whole episode is based on this in 'The One Where Chandler Takes A Bath", where Chandler's baths are continuously interrupted to increasing comedic effect, resulting in a borderline Stateroom Sketch
- Taboo: Zilpha's bath is interrupted by her abusive husband when he brings news of a job offer in Australia. She's not impressed and asks him to leave.
- Star Trek: Voyager: in the episode "Q2", Q intrudes on Captain Janeway enjoying a bath by teleporting into the tub, annoying her greatly.
- In Ozy and Millie, Millie's mother is relaxing in the tub, only for Millie to show up with an ominous warning about something she lost being a "non-poisonous variety."
- In Freefall, Florence has almost no luck taking a shower uninterrupted. At one point, she even goes so far as to put the Savage Chicken in lockdown just so she can get through one shower without interruptions.
- House of Mouse
Von Drake: I heard of home delivery, but I didn't know they drove right into your home.
- The short "Daisy's Big Sale" opens with Minnie coming out of her shower to answer a phone call from Daisy.
- In the short "Hydrosquirter", Ludwig Von Drake modifies his shower and accidentally turns it into a teleportation machine, resulting in an awkward situation when he hears a truck outside the tub and walks out to find himself in the middle of a busy street intersection.
- Looney Tunes: Porky Pig has such a moment in Porky's Pooch.
- The Powerpuff Girls: In "Mo Job", Mojo Jojo has to get up from his bath to answer the door for Princess when she comes to his lair.
- The Simpsons: In "Bart Gets Famous", Bart wanders off from a field trip, and Principal Skinner calls Marge at home, causing her to run to the phone dripping wet in a towel. When she doesn't answer on time, he calls Homer at work, where, for some reason, he also runs for the phone after a shower.
Homer: You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: In "Have You Seen This Snail?", SpongeBob and Patrick walk in on Squidward taking a bath while searching for Gary, leading to the memetic scene of Squid screaming for ten seconds.