Film / The Malibu Bikini Shop
A 1986 comedy film co-starring Bruce Greenwood and Michael David Wright. After Alan and Todd's aunt dies in a drowning accident, they inherit her bikini store on the boardwalk.
This presentation contains examples of:
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Alan and Todd's aunt gets drunk and decides to jet ski into a rising surf. She drowns.
- Blithe Spirit: Todd. He drinks directly from the carton, then pours cereal into his mouth. He and Cindy and Kathy to a lesser extent.
- The Comically Serious: Alan is shown taking notes of what the speaker says during his graduation. His Character Development to loosen up is most of the plot.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Jane is a serial whiner.
- Daddy's Girl: Jane is implied to be this. Her relationship with her mom isn't explored, but she is shown to be very close to her dad.
- Fanservice: There are women in bikinis throughout the movie. Todd spends most of the movie shirtless, too.
- Not So Above It All: Alan clearly is wanting to enjoy himself, but holds himself back.
- Of Corsets Funny: Near the end, to distract the police, two kids that have been helping Allen and Todd tear off Jane's dress, revealing a girdle and super-bra.
- Spoiled Brat: Jane is definitely this.
- Vitriolic Brothers: Todd and Alan are this at first, and don't get along well at all, but they team up later in the film.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Todd spends most of the movie shirtless or with his shirt unbuttoned.