Film / The Malibu Bikini Shop
A 1986 comedy film co-starring Bruce Greenwood and Michael David Wright. After Alan and Todd's aunt dies in a drowning accident, they inherit her bikini store on the boardwalk.
This presentation contains examples of:
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Alan and Todd's aunt gets drunk and decides to jet ski into a rising surf. She drowns.
- Blithe Spirit: Todd. He drinks directly from the carton, then pours cereal into his mouth. Cindy and Kathy to a lesser extent.
- The Comically Serious: Alan is shown taking notes of what the speaker says during his graduation. His Character Development to loosen up is most of the plot.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Jane is cute, but is a serial whiner.
- Daddy's Girl: Jane is implied to be this. Her relationship with her mom isn't explored, but she is shown to be very close to her dad.
- Dream Sequence: When he sees Ronnie getting into the hot tub, Alan fantasizes about getting in there with her and making out. Later, after breaking up with Jane, he does it for real.
- Fanservice: There are women in bikinis throughout the movie. Todd spends most of the movie shirtless, too.
- Lethal Chef: Cindy and Kathy. Some of their meals include pineapple inside-out cake, and pork tartar.
- Not So Above It All: Alan clearly is wanting to enjoy himself, but holds himself back.
- Of Corsets Funny: Near the end, to distract the police, two kids that have been helping Allen and Todd tear off Jane's dress, revealing a girdle and super-bra.
- Spoiled Brat: Jane is definitely this.
- Vitriolic Brothers: Todd and Alan are this at first, and don't get along well at all, but they team up later in the film.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Todd spends most of the movie shirtless or with his shirt unbuttoned.