open/close all folders
Anime And Manga
- YuYu Hakusho
Yusuke Urameshi: Whoa Keiko, you seem to be busting out in all the right places.
- In the Haruhi Suzumiya series, Kyon uses this description when Haruhi and Mikuru debut their bunny girl costumes in the first light novel.
Kyon (narrating): The combination of Haruhi, who has a slender build yet with curves, and Asahina, who looks small yet sticks out in all the right places, was too much for my eyes.
- Overused to the point of becoming first a cliché and then a meme in Harry Potter fanfic, concerning Hermione getting a visit from the puberty fairy over the summer.
- In fact, it's probably the oldest of all the clichés in Harry Potter fandom: people were making jokes about Harry noticing that Hermione has "changed over the summer" (another stock phrase) when Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was released.
- Blatantly stated in One Less Lonely Gurl when C'ren arrived at Bikini Bottom and someone says that she has "curves in all the right places". Given that this is a Troll Fic, that line is a Shout-Out to this.
- Child of the Storm has Harry Dresden inwardly note this about Wanda Maximoff in the two-shot side story Chaos Reigns, while simultaneously noting the hackneyed nature of the phrase.
- North by Northwest
Eve Kendall: I'm a big girl.
Roger Thornhill: Yeah, and in all the right places, too.
- Played with in Osmosis Jones.
Osmosis: [looking at a centerfold in DNA Monthly] Nice genes. You got the chromosomes in all the right places.
- Murder on Vine
Gina Babs: She was a swell girl, and swollen in all the right places.
- In Go West, Chico Marx asked Harpo what he had spent $60 on, and Harpo made an "hourglass" figure with his hands. Chico replied "Oh, you bought a snake." (The gag also appears in A Day at the Races, in which Harpo's attempts to tell Chico about The Vamp who plans to seduce and frame Groucho are interpreted as, "A snake! A big, big snake!" After Harpo's gestures and whistles get more and more exaggerated, "That's-a no snake.")
- From the Xanth series: "'But Nada weighs as much as you do!' Indeed, Nada weighed more, and in all the right places."
- In Stalking the Unicorn by Mike Resnick, takes this Up to Eleven, describing a Cat Girl as having "curves in places other girls don't have places."
- The Sun Also Rises has a rather bizarre variation when it describes Brett Ashley as having "curves like the hull of a racing yacht". However striking that line may be as a description, a boat does not exactly have a shape comparable to a conventionally attractive woman. Note that the description is not intended to be a Stealth Insult or suggest the narrator has a fetish for unusual body shapes, as Brett is considered beautiful by everyone.
- One Shadowrun novel describes an attractive woman as having 'more curves than a box of snakes'.
Live Action TV
- Torchwood episode "Day One"
Captain Jack Harkness: Now, first of all, she's no little girl. From where I'm standing, all the right curves in all the right places.
- Played with in a Harpo Marx TV appearance. When the host of the program asks why Harpo is late coming out Harpo makes an hourglass figure with his hands. Unlike Chico (see Film above) the host gets it immediately, and asks Harpo if he has one for him (the host) too. Harpo nods, walks offscreen, and comes back with two bottles of Coke.
- Mika's "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)":
A watering hole
With the girls around
And curves in all the right places
- Meghan Trainor's "All About That Base"
I got that boom-boom that all the boys chase,
All the right junk in all the right places.
- Lola's song "A Little Brains—A Little Talent" in Damn Yankees:
You gotta stack those decks with a couple-a extra aces,
And this queen has her aces
In all the right places!
- "Honey Bun" from South Pacific:
Where she's narrow, she's narrow as an arrow
And she's broad where a broad should be broad!
- Ghosts: Regina Engstrand, a young, apparently good looking girl, complimented on by all the other cast members.