"I feel like 'Ashley Judd fights back' is also the way you could describe the plot of 97% of the movies on Ashley Judd’s IMDB page."Ashley Judd (born Ashley Tyler Ciminella, April 19, 1968) is an American actress and political activist.She grew up in a family of successful performing artists as the daughter of country music singer Naomi Judd and the sister of Wynonna Judd. While she is best known for an ongoing acting career spanning more than two decades, she has increasingly become involved in global humanitarian efforts and political activism.She's related to both members of The Judds (Naomi is her monther, and Wynnona is her younger sister).
— DListed, "Ashley Judd Is Pressing Charges Against Trolls Who Came For Her On Twitter"
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Natural Born Killers
- A Time to Kill
- Kiss the Girls
- Double Jeopardy
- Where the Heart Is
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
- The Tooth Fairy
- Dolphin Tale
- Missing (2012)
- Olympus Has Fallen
Tropes relating to her work:
- Action Girl: Commonly cast as such.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl/Fiery Redhead: She has auburn hair, and her characters are usually "cut-the-crap/no-nonsense" Plucky Girls.
- Interplay of Sex and Violence: Most of her movies contain either profanity, nudity, sex or violence. This came to a point that her mother, Naomi Judd, has publicly objected to many of it.
- Mama Bear: Her most recent roles.
- Naked People Trapped Outside: She likes being "in a cathedral of trees and the sanctuary of canyons." Judd's love of nature led her to be locked out of her cabin at the Ahwahnee hotel in Yosemite without her clothes. Judd leaned outside her door trying to get her yoga mat when the door slammed behind her. She covered herself up with her yoga mat and went to the lobby to get a new key. It was only later that she realized that not only was she naked, her face had been covered in pimple cream.
- Those Two Actors: She and Morgan Freeman starred in quite a few films together.
- Two First Names: It's only her Stage Name though.