A Party Also Known as an Orgy
Tonight, 10 PM, at the Pit, "Everyone Gets Laid"
— Part of Moles' radio commercial for the Pit Party, PCU
For fictional people past puberty, any wild party with both genders, teen or otherwise
, is all about one thing: getting it on. This can be a good or bad thing, depending on many factors. Although one absolute in fiction is that if it's a teenage girl going, and you're her guardian, it's always a bad thing
Part of the reason for this is simply that All Men Are Perverts
and All Women Are Lustful
If it's planned and advertised as an orgy, it doesn't count.
Compare Hookers and Blow
, Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll
. See also Binge Montage
open/close all folders
- Issue 5 of Associated Student Bodies ends with the annual New Year's Eve party, which is very intentionally one of these.
- Any party in Cherry Comics inevitably turns into an orgy.
Son: Hey, Dad, can I ask you a question?
Father: Of course.
- In Stephen King's The Stand, Larry Underwood throws a party at a beach house after hitting the big time with his single, "Baby Can You Dig Your Man." This party goes on for a few days, and the narration mentions that something that sounds like an orgy is happening in the basement.
- One of the many, many parties in Bret Easton Ellis' The Rules of Attraction is "The Dress to Get Screwed Party".
- In Kushiel's Dart, Melisande hires an entire brothel (a high-class establishment practicing one of the most honoured professions in that particular culture, but still a brothel) as the setting for her lover Prince Baudoin's birthday party. Longest Night parties, for courtesans, are similar.
- in Michael Swanwick's Bones Of The Earth, a party among a group of researchers turns into this, thanks to alcohol and triceratops mating displays. Long story.
- By all appearances, Lord Iron's soirées at his city mansion in The Cambist and Lord Iron meet this description.
- In the chronologically first novel, Driz'zt and some other recruits at the academy are ordered to participate in the initiation rite of new young priestesses. Having completely different morals than the rest of drow society, he is seriously freaked out when he realizes what kind of ceremony it is and for what kind of "assistance" the male recruits were needed.
- Made worse when his sister tries to seduce him when he leaves the room.
- Jerry Cornelius stages a party like this in The Final Programme, and breaks up a party (with machine guns) that's got bits of this going on in The English Assassin.
Live Action TV
- From Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, there is the college party in "Reptile Boy".
- The first episode of Skins is about Sid trying to lose his virginity at a party, and pretty much every party in that series features rampant drug use and sex. Indeed, the show was famous enough for these that the phrase "Skins party" became a British neologism in the mid-late '00s.
- In City of Men, 'funk dances' are a prime location for making out and hooking up.
- Crews and Reese crash one of these in the Life episode "Dig a Hole," hosted by two computer-nerds-made-rich.
- Inverted on Degrassi The Next Generation: A party actually interferes with Emma and Sean having sex. Especially when one of the guests dies.
- Spoofed in the German sketch-comedy Switch Reloaded, which had a skit where there was a commercial for a broom with spikes at the end for poking such guests in the heels to bring them to leave.
- True Blood had Maryann parties; parties also known as incredible orgies in the middle of the forest. Incredible orgies used as a tribute to Dionysus that turn humans crazy
- Since Jesse can't stand being alone for more than a few hours, there's one going on at his house throughout the first half of the fourth season of Breaking Bad.
- In a second season episode of Party Down, the company is unknowingly hired to cater a party that is meant to be one of these. The invitation was so badly worded that none of the guests realized it, either.
- In one season one episode of Sliders, the gang slide into a world about to be struck by a species killing asteroid, that never developed nuclear weapons and has no way to stop it. During their time there, they come across a group of revellers who've decided to have a nonstop party 'til the world ends, including lots of getting extremely liquored-up, sex with anyone who comes near you, and even a game of Russian Roulette in full swing. Then Quinn and Arturo develop the world's first nuclear warhead, it gets shot up on a cruise missile and destroys the asteroid, and the people of the world are extremely embarrassed as a result.
- Every party shown on Blue Mountain State defines this trope.
- Inverted in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Frank invites Dennis to an Eyes Wide Shut-style cloaks and masks orgy, but it turns tout to be just a buffet.
- Passions: All throughot Episodes 1167 and 1168, Charity is seen dancing at the ski lodge with the four (presumably) bisexual hunks who she will later have an MMMMF gangbang with.
- Invoked in a sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus when a psychiatric patient begins replacing his words with completely wrong ones.
Man: It's so embarrassing when my wife and I go to an orgy!
Doctor: A party?
- Inevitably riffed on in MST3k; during a screening of Laserblast. The protagonist is at a birthday party looking through the house for his girlfriend. To be fair to the trope, he has already wandered past one couple who were making out. He opens a door and pokes his head in:
Tom Servo: Hey, there's a dozen naked teenage girls in there! That's what happens at these teen parties - it's true!
- Really, there's too many music videos to list.
- Bob Seger's "Horizontal Bop" tells about someone trying to get one of these started:
Somebody bring the records
Somebody bring the brew
Someone get a house
Buddy, we'll know what to do
Someone tell the ladies
Someone make a deal
If we can't find a house
Then someone find a field
Grass is good as carpet
Anyplace is fine
It's time to get rockin'
Babe it's time to shine
Tell 'em we'll be dancin'
Dancin' til we drop
It's time to get down and do the horizontal bop
- "Miss Freelove '69" by The Hoodoo Gurus is about a gathering of friends that, fueled by sake, turns into this. Band leader Dave Faulkner insists it's autobiographical.
- The parties of the Val'Sullisin'rune clan in Drowtales often turn into this. But given the cultural sensibilities of the Drow this isn't seen as a negative, and the parties are generally a fun time for all.
- Inverted in Moon over June, when a prior hookup bumps into Summer and invites her to a "group thing" she is part of that is getting together for a session that night. Cue Sex Addicts Anonymous meeting. Being Moon over June, it turns into exactly this kind of party anyway.
- In Futurama, Hedonism-bot has a party that is basically an orgy, except then almost everyone there gets blown up.
Everywhere I looked, there were piles
of bodies... and then the explosion struck! Ah ha ha ha! Oh hoo hoo...
- An example from Regular Show (hey, it is meant for teens...kinda):
Benson: It's almost 8 o'clock. Kill the lights!
Muscle Man: (unzipping noises) Woohoo! Skips is going to be totally surprised when he walks in and sees us totally naked!
Benson: ...it's not that kind of party, Muscle Man.
Muscle Man: Oh... nobody turn on the lights.