A 2000 film by George A. Romero.Henry Creedlow is a spineless nice guy who constantly gets stepped on, he's forced to face his lifestyle and what proceeds is a Roaring Rampage of Revenge as he takes control of his life.
This film provides examples of
- Asshole Victim: All of Henry's victims had it coming to them.
- Bad Boss: Milosh, Henry's boss. A sleaze who berates and belittles his workers, and cheats on his wife with Henry's wife
- Badass Boast: "No more Mr. Nice Guy"
- Badass Normal: Henry after his face changes.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Henry arguably forced into it with the unexplained change to his face.
- The Blank: Henry gets referred to as this throughout the film after his face is replaced by the mask.
- Crapsack World: Well, at least towards mostly Henry.
- Defiant to the End: Most of Henry's victims continue to show contempt towards him up to their ends, particularly Milosh, Janine and Jimmy.
- Here We Go Again: The end of the film.
- Indulgent Fantasy Segue: Twice in the film.
- Jerkass: Henry's boss Milosh, his wife Janine, 'best friend' Jimmy, and his maid who steals from him. They all get what is coming to them.
- First when he appears to murder a lady who pushed through him to get on the train, and a second time when he appears to send an axe through his wife's head.
- Loser Protagonist: Henry is seen as this in the film by just about everyone before he kills them all.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Why does Henry's face get replaced with a mask? Why does it only go away once he has gotten his revenge? We never find out.
- Nice Guy: Henry before his face changes.
- Nice Guys Finish Last: Henry at the beginning of the film.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Henry gets back at all those who stepped on him.
- Villain Protagonist: Henry.
- White Mask of Doom: The initial mask he makes with Rosemary. Later his face. Subverted when he goes to see Rosemary with his mask face painted over.