A party will end up with more than a few people having sex.
- Straight: Alice and Bob invite their friends over for a party. After everyone has loosened up thanks to a little Jungle Juice, sex ensues between all or most of the party guests.
- Exaggerated: It didn't take alcohol or drugs of any kind to get to that point; everyone started...well, you know practically the minute they walked in the door.
- Downplayed: Events that happen at the party set off a few long term arcs that end in romance.
- Justified: Alice and Bob and their friends are swingers.
- Alice and Bob invite their friends over for an orgy. They all end up dancing, drinking, and talking all night instead of having sex.
- Alice and Bob have sex outside of the context of a party.
- Subverted: Alice and Bob invite friends to their house for a "wild time" and they all spend the evening drinking soft drinks and playing Trivial Pursuit.
- Double Subverted: ...Until more time has passed and alcohol is consumed, then the guests start getting frisky.
- Parodied: The central characters can't turn around without tripping over other partygoers engaged in increasingly over-the-top sex and kink, no matter how hard they try.
- Zig Zagged: Alice and Bob invite their friends for an orgy, everyone ends up dancing, drinking, and talking, and then they start having sex. If all of them do at all.
- Alice and Bob throw a perfectly G-rated party.
- Alice and Bob neither throw nor attend any kind of party.
- Enforced: "The movie needs more Fanservice to lure in audiences. Let's put in a sexy party scene."
- Lampshaded: "I think I saw a porno like this once."
- Invoked: "You are not going to that party, young lady, it'll be full of alcohol and boys trying to get into your pants."
- Exploited: Bread and Circuses
- Defied: Alice plans a party but makes sure it'll stay G-rated by inviting a chaperone, not serving alcohol, or something to that effect.
- Discussed: "Honey, do you have any idea what a 'key party' is? We can't go to that! What would the neighbors think?! Tell Alice and Bob we won't be there!"
- Conversed: "Everybody gets laid at parties in the movies. Why don't we ever go to parties like that?"
- Alice, Bob, and their friends do this because they are not happy in their own relationships.
- The results of the party may bring unplanned pregnancy in either or both girls and not sure of whom the father is. That and they barely manage to avoid a sexually transmited infection.
- Reconstructed: They become more secure and happy in their relationships. They may or may not still have (or attend) parties like this.
- Played For Laughs: Several upstanding members of the community are there, such as the mayor, the minister from Alice and Bob's church, their dentist... Hilarity ensues.
- Played For Drama: Some people (including Alice and Bob) get upset when their partners start "fooling around" with other party guests, thus putting strain on their relationships. And/or everyone catches AIDS.
Back to the orgy... I mean party... I mean... eugh, I'll just have some Jungle Juice now