Tropes in this Work:
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Invoked as Laranjinha brags about his conquests. it is revealed he is a virgin
- Beach Episode: they are in Brazil after all.
- Not so much being in Brazil as they are in Rio de Janeiro (the city).
- Class Trip
- Coming-of-Age Story
- Faux Documentary: There is a short segment with interviews with people visiting a prison.
- Gang Bangers
- Even Evil Has Standards: "Wrong is wrong and right is right!"
- Good Girls Avoid Abortion — after Cristiane gets pregnant, she attempts to get an abortion, but they don't have the money. This is a Very Special Episode which has some statistics about Teen Pregnancy and the dangers of home abortions at the end, but the situation is referenced in episodes afterwards.
- Hip-Hop: Referenced in an episode in which they go to Sao Paulo and meet an MC.
- The Movie: Released in 2007.
- Ms. Fanservice: Power Girl.
- Recurring Character: João Victor, the 'playboy', Powergirl, and many of the gang members.
- Wrong Side of the Tracks: the favela itself. The fact it doesn't have named streets launches a Zany Scheme.