with shy personalities and/or a history of being harassed for their "assets" by either lecherous men
women (i.e. D-Cup Distress
) may tend to hide them from view, either by wearing baggy clothes or by outright suppressing with bandages
, tight bras, etc.
Not to be confused with Suppressed Mammaries
, where a woman (generally an actress) keeps her assets "at bay" temporarily and with a specific goal/task/purpose in mind.
: Not every convincing female crossdresser
qualifies; possessing unambiguously large breasts is a requirement
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- H.E.R.O. (a revival of the old DC comic Dial H For Hero) sees the male (originally) protagonist transform into a tall, busty female superhero. After some turmoil, he (she?) loses the costume for a larger, more concealing Batman sweatshirt. In the later Dial H revival of the series, one of Manteau's stated reasons for wearing the same mask and long cloak whatever the Dial turns her into is to cover up overly buxom and Stripperiffic looks.
- The Ballad of Ricky Bobby: After being dumped by Carly, known for her 'perfect breasts', Ricky Bobby's begins to reciprocate (his personal-assistant) Susan's feelings for him. By the end of the film, he's so in love with her that he's even willing to turn down Carly to be with her. It's only then that Susan opens her ever-present woolly jumper and flashes Carly, revealing that she has Gag Boobs so large that when somebody tries taking a picture on their phone, he has to ask her to turn around so that he can take a picture of the other one, because he can't fit them both on the screen at once. Even Carly cheerfully admits that she's impressed.
- Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Live Action Television
- Cynthia of Malcolm in the Middle does this after hitting puberty and having a growth spurt in more ways than one, to avoid getting teased by her classmates. She wears a very heavy jumper. Malcolm, of course, finds out after Cynthia sets said jumper on fire by accident during an argument and has to get it off in a hurry. When Reese finds out, he tricks her into being his girlfriend, until Malcolm asks him if Reese knows what her name is in front of her. Realizing he's been caught, he goes for broke and gives them a squeeze, which results in him getting the living crap kicked out of him.
- Charlotte Marie Colde in Samurai Shodown actually has the same bust size as the infamously buxom Mai Shiranui; however she wears armor that hides that so you wouldn't know it. (Which makes Charlotte a surprising rare straight example of this trope in a Fighting Game.)
- Vice from The King of Fighters. Her measurements seem to indicate that her assets are slightly bigger than those of Mai Shiranui. But it's not at all evident (and she looks fairly flat too) when she's fighting in her usual tight-fitting office outfits.
- This actually applies to many of the KOF gals thanks to a combination of this trope and Depending on the Artist. Shermie (92cm), Angel (92cm), Vice (90cm), Elizabeth (90cm), Mature (88cm), Blue Mary (88cm), and Foxy (87cm) officially equal or measure larger than the 87cm Mai, with King (86cm), B. Jenet (86cm), Diana (86cm), Chizuru (85cm), and Leona (84cm) being not too far behind her in terms of cup size. However, most of them are usually depicted wearing more conservative/less revealing attire than Mai and being modest up top in comparison (can't outdo SNK's sex symbol, after all). On top of this, Mai, partially modeled after the then-94cm Fumie Hosokawa, is always drawn bigger than her measurements would indicate. The trend seems to be reversing somewhat due to the new art style introduced in XII, although Mai is still portrayed as chestier.
- King played this trope straight in Art of Fighting where she passed herself off as a man. If she is defeated with a special attack, though, her breasts spill out of her suit.
- Persona 4's Naoto Shirogane is hinted at being this in addition to being a Bokukko. When Rise is reading a doctors chart she is shocked at Naoto's bust size but is quickly shut up before she can say what it is. Her Hot Springs Episode picture does show there is more there than she normally lets on. In any case, while she most likely isn't completely flat, Fanon takes it Up to Eleven.
- The anime also reveals that she is packing a lot under there (specially seen in the animated rendition of said Hot Springs Episode), but like the above, Fanon tends to exaggerate her actual bust size.
- The sequel Persona 4 Arena has Akihiko complain that she's completely underdeveloped everywhere except her chest, but adds that that is just fat. In actuality, Akihiko doesn't say this. Labrys' Shadow makes Naoto think Akihiko is saying things that are designed to hurt her. While aware of this, she doesn't seem to like having it pointed out.
- The extended epilogue in Persona 4: The Golden shows her assets more clearly where she's wearing a form fitting blouse - and she is indeed quite stacked.
- The light novel Persona X Detective Naoto, which takes place a few years after the game, also shows Naoto wearing clothes that don't hide her figure, and she's got some nice tracts of land.◊
- In Final Fantasy VII, Aeris is actually bigger than Tifa in this area, if you compare their models. Her modest dress and jacket, compared to Tifa's tight tank top, go a long way towards hiding this. This might, however be an artifact of the simplistic models.
- Higher resolution depictions and official art more or less corroborate this. Tifa's a little bigger, but Aerith is by no means small.
- Neptunia series:
- Neptune is a slightly unusual case. Her usual body is teenaged and only modestly developed, but her Super Mode puts on about four cup sizes (and the be fair, about as many years in general). Given a nod when she loses her immortality at one point and freaks out over the idea of aging, saying outright she has her HDD form to use when she wants sex appeal.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory brings Plutia to the table, who goes from proportions that accentuate her childish self to being quite proud of her borderline-Gag Boobs. And then we have Peashy (basically a little girl) and her HHD mode Yellow Heart who more or less has the largest boobs in the game, causing some envy from Vert/Green Heart (busty in both forms)
- Kantai Collection has several characters with this trait; It's especially glaring for destroyers, as destroyers generally has petite body type.
- Fate/stay night's Sakura Matou, of all people, turns out to be an E-cup note , according to Taiga. It's not really visible outside of the H-scenes, though it's slightly more prominent in her casual clothes. Note that this is a Japanese E-cup, which has its letter derived from centimeters instead of inches and scales to the same ratio - still well-endowed, but not as much as it sounds to an American reader. There is also the fact that the art in earlier type moon works aren't that great at emphasizing curves. This is also present in Tsukihime and Melty Blood in regards to its curvy characters.
- Ayu from Kanon is a 17 years old teenager who looks like a elementary school girl, but when she takes off her cloak, you can see that her chest size is around as the other female leads. Her breast size is actually bigger than Shiori.
- Ayu is actually a C-cup; the bath scene shows this best.
- In Katawa Shoujo, Rin Tezuka's sprite suggests that she's average at best in the boob department. But in her first sex scene, a close-up to her chest shows that her breasts aren't anything to sneeze at. The bad news? Said sex scene reeks of Fan Disservice, since it's an Intimate Psychotherapy "session" that fails BIG time. But if you get her second sex scene, which quite more pleasant to look at, she's shown as rather well-stacked but not as huge as, say, Shizune.