We couldn’t stop it,
Just set it free, and
Provides Examples Of:
- Ascended Extra:
- Bare Your Midriff: Employed by both Rise and Chie's new costumes.
- Brainwashing: Character dialog in the character trailers implies that the Midnight Stage might be inflicting this on the characters.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Kanami has stars in her eyes.
- Fanservice with a Smile: Kanami's idol outfit is based on a waitress' outfit.
- Fingerless Gloves: Yosuke's sporting a pair in his new look.
- Gaiden Game: Incredibly unrelated to the main plot of Persona 4.
- Genre Shift: From RPG to fighting game, to a slightly different RPG, to dancing game.
- Gratuitous English/Incoming Ham: Half of the trailer is in very excited, very accented English. They kept it for when they announced its localization, because they knew people would love it, and the reception from the Japanese trailer was really good.Announcer: Unbelievable! Could you imagine the step?! He's genius!
- Hotter and Sexier: The female members of the Investigation Team have switched to more revealing outfits.
- Rise's wears a revealing concert "uniform", compete with Absolute Cleavage and Bare Your Midriff.
- Chie opens up her signature green jacket and wears a Bare Your Midriff tanktop.
- Yukiko switches her Proper Tights with a Skirt for a grade D Zettai Ryouiki look.
- Naoto has stopped binding her chest and undone the first few buttons on her dress shirt.
- Idol Singer: Of the three characters showcased in the announcement trailer, two were idol singers. The other was Yu Narukami.
- Lighter and Softer: Persona 4 may be light for a murder mystery and the Persona series as whole even though it does has its Darker and Edgier Moments, but this game apparently involves disappearances and fighting off Shadows with dance moves.
- Mythology Gag: The audience hype meter is represented by a set of colored press turn icons from the SNES Shin Megami Tensei games.
- Oddball in the Series: Yeah, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona might be filled with awesome music, but it's not exactly known as a music game series. Even the fighting game seems normal compared to this.
- Rhythm Game: Following the Genre Shift from RPG to fighting game, it's a shift to Rhythm Game.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Most of the Investigation team is sporting some kind of small yellow scarf on their person with their new character designs, excluding Chie (who's wearing yellow wristbands) and Teddie.