open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Belarus from Axis Powers Hetalia wears this whether she's in an Elegant Gothic Lolita outfit, in uniform garb or cosplaying as Alice in Hetaween 2011.
- Date A Live: Kurumi has tights with her school uniform, but the properness she presents is only a façade.
- Utaha Kasumigaoka of How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend wears tights with most of her outfits, is the top student of her class, and doesn't get into trouble.
- Umi from Magic Knight Rayearth as she's The Ojou and comes from a high-class school.
- Homura Akemi wears this with her outfits, including her Magical Girl uniform (which, to top it off, adds high-heeled boots incorporated into the tights), in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, except in her flashbacks in episode 10. Mami Tomoe also wears this in her normal attire.
- Shimoneta: Oboro wears a white pair of pantyhose beneath a full-length pleated skirt, in order to conceal the fact that he's crossdressing as a girl. It's part of his job as head of Tokioka Academy's 'Decency Prefects' and as Anna's bodyguard, because Anna's father groomed him to think and act as a female.
- Subverted in a sense by Strike Witches, since none of the girls wears a skirt...or pants, for that matter, but prim and proper Gallian noblewoman Perrine and Orussian moe Sanya wears tights.
- Sayumi Takanashi from When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace wears tights with her school uniform, was a perfectionist in middle school, and comes from a well-off family.
- Fran of Franken Fran wears a knee length skirt with opaque black tights under her Mad Scientist white labcoat. This is partly to emphasise her modesty and lack of sexuality, while still being feminine.
- Balalaika from Black Lagoon wears black tights with an impeccable red skirt suit at all times. However, given Balalaika's age, occupation and attitude, "professional" is probably a better description than "proper".
Films — Live-Action
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: In the movie, at least, you can see the eponymous princess wearing flesh-colored tights under her outfits if you look closely enough. In any case, Snow White is the only Disney Princess to be depicted wearing this.
- Samantha (the Victorian Era... oops, The Edwardian Era girl) from the American Girl franchise wears this. She expresses dislike for it, especially as her grandmother insists on her wearing long underwear underneath them from September to June (in an attempt to prevent tuberculosis).
- In the first book of The Princess Diaries, Mia's grandmother tries to get her to wear these as part of her princess makeover. It ultimately fails because Mia doesn't like wearing tights and doesn't choose the "right" style.
- In Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, Karis wears a minidress with tights, and for a rare male example (!) Rief wears what are either leggings or tights with his tunic (which didn't help the gender confusion any).
- In MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies, Vert wears tights with her school uniform and she's the most outwardly refined character in the game.
- Yukiko Amagi from Persona 4 (pictured above) wears pantyhose with her school uniform. She comes from a very traditional family and tries to carry herself in an elegant manner.
- Persona 5 has a twofer with Makoto Niijima and Haru Okumura. Makoto wears black leggings and is Shujin High's stern student council president, while Haru wears white, star-patterned tights in winter and is the refined heiress to one of Japan's biggest corporations.
- Due to the various items of clothing available in Pokémon X and Y, you can dress your character this way if you so desire.
- Yurika Kirishima, the resident Ojou of Project Justice, wears white pantyhose with her dress.
- The Pacific High School female uniform, which Tiffany Lords wears as her alternate costume in Rival Schools: United By Fate, has dark hose with a miniskirt.
- Justice High School Nurse, Kyoko Minazuki, also sports this look. She is also somewhat an Ojou, albeit an older one.
- Tales of the Abyss: Princess Natalia Luzu-Kimalsca Lanvaldear wears white tights under her short aquamarine dress when you first meet her.
- Priestess Eris Anthule, the representative of the Havencraft faction in Shadowverse, wears a long one-piece dress slit all the way up to her thighs on both sides with opaque tights or leggings underneath to preserve her modesty.
- The magical girl webcomic Sleepless Domain combines and contrasts this trope with Zettai Ryouiki to signal the five main characters' defining personality traits. Cool Big Sis Sylvia, Tsundere Sally and Ojou Tessa wear Zettai Ryouiki grades A, B, and C respectively while Tomboy Gwen wears 3/4 height gym socks. Team peacemaker and Shrinking Violet Undine, on the other hand, is always depicted wearing Proper Tights With A Skirt, be it with her school uniform, her civilian clothes, or at Sylvia, Sally, and Gwen's funeral.
- Daphne Blake's regular outfit from the various incarnations of Scooby-Doo is a purple mini-dress with pink tights. She comes from a very rich family.
- In The Legend of Korra, Asami Sato's standard non-combat outfit both pre- and post-Time Skip features a skirt with opaque tights — she's the resident Spoiled Sweet dark-haired girl.