Lunatic Fringe book cover
"Being a wolf is a kind of magic. You donít force it. Itís part of you. Itís effortless. I want my gender to be the same way. A synergy, a harmony so tight you canít even tell itís a bunch of different notes smooshed together.ĒTales of the Pack
is a book series written by Allison Moon featuring a pack of lesbian werewolves.Lunatic Fringe
, the first book of the series, introduces the series protagonist Lexie Clarion as she enrolls in Milton College. She befriends a group of radical lesbian werewolf-hunters, and soon after, she falls for a mysterious woman who may be among the hunted.
The second book, Hungry Ghost
, was published in April 2013. The story continues to follow Lexie as she takes a leadership role in the Pack and leads a battle against Milton's violent pack of full-bloods.
- Our Werewolves Are Different -
- Lexie becomes a werewolf after drinking from a puddle. The werewolf forms are long-limbed, large, quadrupeds.
- Archer, as a pureblood werewolf, is a Living Aphrodisiac who not only turns everyone on by her presence, but also may take control as an alpha by her magnetic presence alone.
- Parental Abandonment: Lexie's origin story.
- Psycho Lesbian: While not a lesbian for the sole purpose of villainy, Blythe still fills both parts.
- Asshole Victim: Frat-boy Brian is a Jerk Jock, Politically Incorrect Villain and borderline Straw Misogynist to make Renee into a Sympathetic Murderer.
- Straw Vegetarian: Kal, Lexie's neuroscience lab partner, refuses to perform vivisection on a rat.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Pureblood werewolves, like Archer, are adept at changing their form at will.