"Being a wolf is a kind of magic. You donít force it. Itís part of you. Itís effortless. I want my gender to be the same way. A synergy, a harmony so tight you canít even tell itís a bunch of different notes smooshed together.ĒTales of the Pack is a book series written by Allison Moon featuring a pack of lesbian werewolves.Lunatic Fringe, the first book of the series, introduces the series protagonist Lexie Clarion as she enrolls in Milton College. She befriends a group of radical lesbian werewolf-hunters, and soon after, she falls for a mysterious woman who may be among the hunted.Not to be confused with a certain WWE Superstar named Dean Ambrose who goes by the nickname of The Lunatic Fringe.The second book, Hungry Ghost, was published in April 2013. The story continues to follow Lexie as she takes a leadership role in the Pack and leads a battle against Milton's violent pack of full-bloods.
- Cast Full of Gay: Everyone in this cast is lesbian.
- Does Not Like Men: The alpha of the Pack, Blythe, clearly and proudly declares this.
- Our Werewolves Are Different -
- Lexie becomes a werewolf after drinking from a puddle. The werewolf forms are long-limbed, large, quadrupeds.
- Archer, as a pureblood werewolf, is a Living Aphrodisiac who not only turns everyone on by her presence, but also may take control as an alpha by her magnetic presence alone.
- Parental Abandonment: Lexie's origin story.
- Psycho Lesbian: While not a lesbian for the sole purpose of villainy, Blythe still fills both parts.
- Asshole Victim: Frat-boy Brian is a Jerk Jock, Politically Incorrect Villain and borderline Straw Misogynist to make Renee into a Sympathetic Murderer.
- Straw Vegetarian: Kal, Lexie's neuroscience lab partner, refuses to perform vivisection on a rat.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Pureblood werewolves, like Archer, are adept at changing their form at will.