%%% Zero Context examples are not allowed on wiki pages. Please add context before uncommenting.
[[caption-width-right:127:Lunatic Fringe book cover]]
->''"Being a wolf is a kind of magic. You donít force it. Itís part of you. Itís effortless. I want my gender to be the same way. A synergy, a harmony so tight you canít even tell itís a bunch of different notes smooshed together.Ē''
''Tales of the Pack'' is a book series written by Allison Moon featuring a pack of lesbian werewolves.
''Lunatic Fringe'', the first book of the series, introduces the series protagonist Lexie Clarion as she enrolls in Milton College. She befriends a group of radical lesbian werewolf-hunters, and soon after, she falls for a mysterious woman who may be among the hunted.
[[http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IThoughtItMeant Not to be confused with a certain WWE Superstar named Dean Ambrose who goes by the nickname of The Lunatic Fringe.]]
The second book, ''Hungry Ghost'', was published in April 2013. The story continues to follow Lexie as she takes a leadership role in the Pack and leads a battle against Milton's violent pack of full-bloods.
* CastFullOfGay: Everyone in this cast is lesbian.
* DoesNotLikeMen: The alpha of the Pack, Blythe, clearly and proudly declares this.
* OurWerewolvesAreDifferent -
** Lexie [[spoiler: becomes a werewolf]] after drinking from a puddle. The werewolf forms are long-limbed, large, quadrupeds.
** Archer, as a pureblood werewolf, is a LivingAphrodisiac who not only turns everyone on by her presence, but also may take control as an alpha by her magnetic presence alone.
* ParentalAbandonment: Lexie's origin story.
* PsychoLesbian: While not a lesbian for the sole purpose of villainy, [[spoiler: Blythe]] still fills both parts.
* AssholeVictim: Frat-boy [[spoiler: Brian]] is a JerkJock, PoliticallyIncorrectVillain and borderline StrawMisogynist to make [[spoiler:Renee]] into a SympatheticMurderer.
* StrawVegetarian: Kal, Lexie's neuroscience lab partner, refuses to perform vivisection on a rat.
* VoluntaryShapeshifting: Pureblood werewolves, like Archer, are adept at changing their form at will.