In your eyes, I am complete
In your eyes, I see the doorway to a thousand churches
In your eyes, the resolution of all my fruitless searches
—Peter Gabriel, "In Your Eyes"
- Black Cat:
- Train has yellow, cat-like eyes. In the anime, both Saya and Creed tell him repeatedly that his eyes are so beautiful. And they both fell for him. However, they had quite different reasons and different situations: Saya loved his eyes for the conventional reasons, but Creed loved the eyes that he had as an emotionless, perfect killer.
- Charden of the Apostles of the Star, a Tao user who can manipulate his blood, usually appears relatively plain in a longcoat, silk top hat and orange-tinted shades. However, the first time Kyoko sees him without his glasses, she says that she would totally fall for him if she weren't already devoted to Black Cat.
- Sousuke from Full Metal Panic!. Gauron became enamored with him initially because of his eyes. To quote Gauron: "Anyone would say they're beautiful."
- Yami No Matsuei
- Tsuzuki has Purple Eyes. Muraki constantly reminds him of how much he loves those beautiful eyes, telling him that he fell in love with him at first sight when he saw his eyes in a photo. Tsuzuki, on the other hand, hates them because they're proof of his demonic heritage.
- Hisoka, also, is on occasion told his Green Eyes are 'beautiful but cold'.
- In Samurai Deeper Kyo, some of Kyo's opponents thought that "Demon Eyes" Kyo's red eyes were beautiful.
- Prince Diamond about Sailor Moon.
Prince Diamond: Her eyes ... *So beautiful* ... Sailor Moon ... exquisite.
- Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask's eyes are also stated as remarkably beautiful by Usagi in the manga, she says that his eyes are so deep she could drown in them. One of the songs for the anime was about him and it states than his eyes are "Silver-gray"
- Roberto raises the Ho Yay level when he tells Nina: Roberto: You have beautiful eyes. Just like Johan's...
- Even Tenma comments on how Johan has beautiful eyes.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
- This is why Nanoha decided to befriend Fate. She was fascinated by her "beautiful sad eyes" and wanted to help her. But Fate being the bad guy meant she wasn't going to open up and start chatting, so Nanoha decided she would get powerful enough to beat her so that she would tell her why she's sad so Nanoha could fix it.
- Their daughter Vivio seems to be going down a similar route in Vivid with a sparring session that had Vivio commenting to herself about Einhart Stratos' eyes, except they're not quite as aggressive against each other as Nanoha and Fate were... yet. Einhart's disappointed when Vivio doesn't try her hardest during their fight.
- In The Gears of Destiny, when the nine years old Nanoha meets Einhart from the future, she's fascinated by Einhart's beautiful eyes. Nanoha seems to have a fetish for eyes.
- Haruhi Suzumiya:
- Yuki Nagato. Kyon does mention her eyes at times, often saying they look like liquid helium. In the anime, no other character has so◊ many◊ close ups◊ of their eyes as Yuki.
- Kyon himself, according to Kuyoh Suo. In fact, the first thing she says in the whole story is remarking on how gorgeous his eyes are. However, as she's a Humanoid Abomination with less emotional presence than a cardboard cut out, it's not clear if she even understood what she was saying, or just grabbed a random phrase she had heard someone use once.
Kyon: It was a perfectly meaningless compliment.
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann doesn't bring attention to Kamina's eyes, but instead his long, beautiful eyelashes, which are gushed over by Kittan's sisters in Episode 4, and arguably parodied in Parallel Works 2.
- Mihoko of Saki, whose heterochromatic eyes Hisa mentioned to be very pretty when she saw them. "Did you know? Red rubies and blue sapphires are made from the same element".
- In Black Butler,
- It's very heavily implied that Undertaker's eyes (which he hides underneath his long bangs) are pretty. Before Grell Sutcliff sees them, she calls Undertaker "dull" and shows very little interest in him. However, after actually looking into them... she gets clingy and asks Undertaker to hug her. In the manga chapters 59 to 61 we finally see them. And yes, they're◊ very pretty◊, along with the rest of his face.
- Apparently, William Spears eyes as well. Considering how enamored Grell is by them, saying that they send chills up her spine.
- In episode 5 of the second season Alois comments that Ciel's eyes are the same pretty blue color as his ring, which leads to much Foe Yay.
- Drocell gazes deep into Elizabeth's eyes and says "Your eyes have such tremendous depth and sadness in them. They're incredibly melancholic."
- In the manga, the Viscount of Druitt comments to an audience when he is trying to auction off a disguised Ciel: "Her eyes are bright and beautiful, the color of the sea, yet with a deep contrasting color of the forest."
- In Princess Tutu Mytho's eyes are one of the first thing that Ahiru notices. They're also the first thing that lets her know something isn't quite right with him.
Ahiru: Wow, what pretty eyes. It's like they're sucking me in. But, they look so...empty.
- In Xxx HO Li C, Watanuki remarks on one of his customer's eyes. She's blind, but he still finds her eyes very pretty. When she jokingly asks him if only her eyes are pretty, he politely tells her that the rest is pretty too, of course.
- During the Shura Arc of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Fai and Kurogane's eyes turn black while staying in Yama. When Syaoran tells Sakura about this she remarks that "Fai-san has beautiful blue eyes like sapphires." Which is probably why CLAMP like to play with them so much.
- In Hunter × Hunter, there's any member of the Kuruta Clan, whose most special (and actually legendary) feature are their beautiful "Scarlet Eyes", which only shows when they experience rage or extreme emotional agitation. These eyes were so beautiful, it got to the point where they were actually hunted for their eyes, which were highly in demand as a collector's treasure. Currently, the only survivor of the clan is Kurapika, who has to hide his eyes using plain contacts so no one knows he's one.
- On that note, at some instances Hisoka referred to Kurapika's blue eyes as "delicious" and Kurapika's scarlet eyes as "exciting".
- Recent Naruto manga chapters have some Kisame/Killerbee Foe Yay which includes the two enemies getting really close to each other's faces and Killerbee telling Kisame that he has "pretty eyes". And it's too bad they're pretty because "they'll soon be pretty dead!"
- Naoe of Mirage of Blaze once comments on the shining brilliance of Kagetora's eyes.
- In Immortal Rain, Ys tells Machika that she has "pretty eyes like a blue sky" after she asks him why he was staring at her.
- Hyakujitsu No Bara: When Taki told Klaus that he won't abandon his people but protect them and stand with them on the battlefield, Klaus said he had 'such beautiful eyes'.
- Sora Himoto from Shitsurakuen went completely NanoFate when Reiko turned her down as a mistress and she saw Reiko's "beautiful, vigorous eyes."
- Sakurako from Ai Kora. The protagonist, Maeda, is so obsessed with them, he's the first one to notice when something's wrong with them.
- Sakura Gari: Souma remarks that Masataka has very beautiful honest eyes. It's about at this point that his attraction to him begins. Unfortunately for Mastaka.
- In Sensual Phrase much mention is given to how startling some people find Sakuya's blue eyes. In chapter 2, Aine tells Sakuya "under the glare of the lights, your blue eyes look incredibly beautiful." She then thinks to herself "his eyes are just like the burning stamp of sin." Later in chapter 7 when Sakuya reveals to Aine how his blue eyes are connected to his Dark and Troubled Past ( as he's a Child by Rape and his rapist "father" was a blue-eyed American male), Aine hugs him and reassures him "I love your blue eyes! Beautiful, clear, straightforward...I love them!"
- In the Jyu-Oh-Sei manga, Tiz gives Thor's beautiful blue eyes as the reason for why she claimed him as her husband.
- Under Grand Hotel:
- Sen makes much of Swordfish's eyes. Also, in one scene a barber named Norman pushes Sen's bangs back and asks him, "You wanna try cutting your bangs a little? Your eyes are so beautiful."
- In Retrace 50 of Pandora Hearts Elliot thinks its a shame that Leo hides his face behind his hair because "his eyes are such a beautiful color".
- In Retrace 61, Vincent seems to think so as well. "Such a beautiful color... those eyes... that golden light shining in those two pits of darkness... reflects the world that he alone can see."
- Pilot Amuro Ray from Mobile Suit Gundam is commented on for having beautiful brown eyes. Most notably by a potential love interest, Lalah Sune.
- Brief, in Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. They're normally covered up by Blinding Bangs, but when pulled up, he looks kinda like a redheaded Leonardo DiCaprio from William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet and manages to make Panty, the object of his desire, want to make him her 1000th fuck (which she eventually does).
- The thing that makes Tamaki want Haruhi for the Host Club is when he takes off her glasses and sees her eyes.
- In Natsume Yuujinchou, one of the first things Hinoe does when Takashi Natsume summons her is gush about his eyes... only to immediately retract the compliment and all others when she realizes she's got the wrong Natsume.
- Yoh of Starry☆Sky is told that his eyes are beautiful in a flashback during the first episode and in the second episode.
- In one of the many Ho Yay moments that have Yuki thinks that Luka has pretty eyes in chapter 1 of the Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru manga. Also, Shuusei thinks that Hotsuma's eyes are as fascinating as sparkling gemstones in chapter 9.
- In Heat Guy J, Giovanni (then a lonely 12-year-old Street Urchin) is found by Don Lorenzo Leonelli and told he has "good, strong eyes" (and thoroughly confused by that statement even into his adulthood). Lorenzo then takes Giovanni home to be a friend/big-brother-figure for his lonely, depressed 4-year-old son.
- Candy Candy: Anthony, on Candy: "Her eyes... her pretty Green Eyes!"
- No6: In the novels, Shion almost cannot mention Nezumi without talking about how beautiful his stoic, grey eyes are.
- Märchen Awakens Romance: Said exactly like this by Phantom who is obsessed with Alviss mainly because his eyes remind him of a certain someone. Alviss' blue eyes are very similar to his girlfriend's Alma, which explains why he gets complimented so much.
- Reimei No Arcana: In chapter 23 Gouda touches Nakaba's face and tells her "Even these lively looking eyes are lovely."
- In episode 3 of D.N.Angel Risa fangirls over Dark "Dark-san's eyes are very captivating. It's like being pulled into his eyes that sparkle like amethysts."
- And in episode 9 Daisuke thinks about Riku "What beautiful eyes. Harada-san had eyes like that."
- In Berserk, while sick with a fever from his first encounter with Griffith and the Band of the Hawk, Guts became delirious from a nightmare about his dark childhood trauma, only to be soothed from the nightmares through Casca's (who he did not formally meet other than a brief clash of swords) Intimate Healing. He didn't remember much from this sequence, other than whoever was warming him had "black eyes." When Guts and Casca "formally" meet the next morning (with a punch from her), he instantly recognizes her eyes.
- In Fate/Zero, one of the things that keys Irisviel in about Lancer's identity (Diarmuid Ua Duibhne of the Love Spot) is the "impressive brilliance" of his eyes seems to be accentuated a little too well by that Beauty Mark of his, as if magic had some hand in it.
- The manga version of Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi has a rather disturbing example. Hiko rips out Hampnie's eye to claim as a "prize" and then starts gushing about how beautiful it is. (In a less disturbing example, the anime seems very fond of emphasizing the characters' pretty eyes, especially Ai's.)
- In The Circumstances Leading To Waltraute's Marriage, Waltraute says this about Jack Elvan. He may be a scrawny kid who's never been in a fight before, but he has the eyes of a true warrior.
- In Black★Rock Shooter, Saya says Mato's eyes are beautiful as they have never seen nor expressed hatred.
- Seiryuu in Yona of the Dawn inherited the eyes of the Blue Dragon and upon seeing them for the first time, Yona remarked how beautiful they were. But due to the villagers' superstition that anyone who looked at his eyes became stone, Seiryuu always wore a mask to conceal them.
- Aside of being very cute-looking in general, Satoka Ryoudo's biggest charm in Private Actress is how she possesses incredibly striking eyes. Enough to net her a role where the charas's eyes are vital to her look, and which was originally written for a much older actress. Shiho also recognizes her as her rival, Kana Juumonji, thanks to said eyes.
- In Persepolis, Marjane Satrapi mentions a university classmate who was considered especially beautiful because of her green eyes; according to Marjane most Iranians have black eyes.
- In some continuities, a major reason why Superman wears glasses as Clark Kent is because his eyes are an intense and noticeably deep blue, and the lenses make them less conspicuous.
- Rainbow Factory ends with Scootaloo complimenting Rainbow Dash's eyes. It's much darker than it sounds.
The deceitful dream had completely dispersed, leaving behind nothing but these true words.
- So does the Fix Fic What Rainbows Are Made Of (quoted word for word from Rainbow Factory), but this time she's being sincere.
- In Diaries of a Madman, Navarone hardly has anything positive to say about any pony's appearance, but he does note that Celestia has beautiful eyes.
- Child Of The Storm plays it as canon, but with an addition or two: Harry's Green Eyes are very significant, not just because he gets them from his mother, but because they're also utterly identical to those of his second cousin, Jean Grey and are invariably what tips another character off to the fact that they're related. This connection holds the key to several mysteries about Harry and his mother who by all indications, is Not Quite Dead.
- Beauty and the Beast: The first thing Belle notices about Beast is his blue eyes. This is brought up again about two times later on in the movie.
- Jokingly told to Manfred by Sid in the first Ice Age movie.
Sid: You have beautiful eyes. Manfred: Get off my face!
- Bambi's big, innocent eyes. In fact, it managed to spur the creation of the phrase "Bambi Eyes," which describes someone's eyes as being huge and innocent.
- During the song "Topsy Turvy" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Esmeralda, during her dance on the stage, actually turns toward the camera and winks at the viewer, providing a brief glimpse of her Green Eyes.
- Parodied in Short Circuit 2. Benjamin attempts to use this line (on the advice of his self appointed business partner) but gets it wrong since she has brown eyes and he uses a stock line which specifically mentions blue.
- In Escape from L.A., the freaky Surgeon General of Beverly Hills looks deep into Snake Plissken's eye and says breathlessly: "What a beautiful blue eye - a pity there's only one..." Granted, since Snake Plissken is where Naked Snake was made an Expy from, it makes sense that this would be something they have in common.
- In the 2007 remake of Three Ten To Yuma, Ben Wade tells this to Dan Evans' wife while flirting with her. She ends up becoming rather... bewitched by him after he says this to her, which ends with Dan pretty much coming over and getting alarmed about WTF Ben Wade is doing with his wife.
"I know a girl there. She's the daughter of a sea captain. She had the most beautiful, Green Eyes. The greenest eyes I ever saw. Like yours. When I stared deep into them, they'd just change color in front of me. All the colors of the sea."
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Said by Dame Vaako about Riddick's silver eyes.
- In Memoirs of a Geisha, Sayuri's eyes are what captivates many other characters. When the Chairman asked her where she got them, she explained that she got them from her mother.
- Alisa, the heroine of Guest from the Future, has stunning◊ blue eyes◊ that fascinated many a viewer. These really are the eyes of the actress Natalia Guseva.
- In The Crow, Myca comments to a kidnapped Sarah, "Her eyes are so innocent..." This is played for horror, as Myca has a habit of collecting people's eyes, and Sarah is a little girl.
- In Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, the villain interrogates a couple. He comments that the woman has the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen, but if they don't start talking, he will ram a red-hot needle into them without hesitation.
- Averted in Exit to Eden when Mistress Lisa and Diana are talking about Citizen Elliot. In reality, Mistress Lisa's paying more attention to Citizen Elliot's butt.
Mistress Lisa Let's talk about something prettier.
Diana He is attractive.
Mistress Lisa Mmmm. Especially those eyes.
Diana I wouldn't know Mistress. I can't see his eyes.
- In Zathura, when their house flying in space picks up a stranded astronaut, the female character spends a moment or so gazing into his eyes. Then she finds out later it's her kid brother grown-up from the future. Absolute Squickapalooza.
- X-Men: First Class: After Charles Xavier is shot in the spine, the glare of the Cuban sunshine shrinks his pupils, which makes his irises appear very large, and they are a stunning shade of vibrant blue, especially in close-up. His Innocent Blue Eyes are shiny and wet with tears due to the intense physical and emotional pain, and it marks the character's Break the Cutie moment.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past:
- 1973 Xavier collapses after the serum wears off, and there are a few close-ups of his eyes. The colour of his irises is quite vivid, and they fully express his mental anguish and vulnerability in that scene. It's a stark contrast from his hopeful and confident Innocent Blue Eyes in First Class.
- Blink's irises are a weird aqua, complete with a Sickly Green Glow.
- Atonement: James McAvoy got the part as Robbie Turner because the character is described as having eyes of optimism, and so does James, according to its director.
Joe Wright: He has his eye on a very bright horizon.
- Filth director Jon. S Baird mentions in this interview that James McAvoy had to dull the beauty of his "incredible blues" in order to keep the character of Bruce Robertson as unlikeable as possible, but there was one exception.
Interviewer: Jon, I wanted to ask you this. I mean, James [...] does have these very sympathetic eyes, and was it important for you to glaze those over in the film, and neutralize that trait of his? Because that's a trait for a lot of his good guy roles, it's something directors really lift and emphasize.
Baird: Yeah, [...] the thing about Bruce is [...] that he's an outrageous character, and the only person who sees him as a human is [...] a character called Mary, and Bruce tries to save her husband's life, and she sees him as a hero. There's a scene between them where James' blue eyes really pop out, and you see the humanity of Bruce there, and it's a beautiful image. But he managed to hide them for the rest of the film. At that moment, I don't know what it was, but he let the audience in to the humanity of the character with those incredible blues.
- In The Dark Tower, Roland Deschain's eyes are described as preternaturally blue, clear and murderous. They're also too finely tuned to see the picture on a TV screen.
- Sayuri/Chiyo's blue-grey eyes in Memoirs of a Geisha are given a lot of focus. Many characters describe them as rather startling, that they're the first thing that captures your attention. That they're like "the color of a mirror" and that you could easily see yourself in them.
- In his novel Atonement Ian Mc Ewan writes that Robbie Turner has eyes of optimism
- Harry Potter:
- Besides the lightning shaped scar, Harry's most notable and frequently commented on physical trait is his Green Eyes, which he got from his mother, Lily. Pretty much everyone remarks about it.
- In the epilogue Harry's middle child and youngest son, Albus Severus Potter, is the only one who inherits Lily's eyes.
- Harry finds Ginny's brown eyes to be very beautiful.
- In the Hurog family, a very special kind of blue-violet eyes run in the family. Every family member has them ... except Ward, the protagonist. His are plain brown. There is also a mage who is named for his impressive eyes, Jade Eyes.
- Griet's eyes from Tracy Chevalier's book Girl with a Pearl Earring appear to have an entrancing affect on a few characters, all who say something along the lines of: "You have very wide eyes." They're given a lot of attention in the book, also being described as "quite luminous", like "liquid were spilling into them". In the movie version, Scarlett Johansson plays Griet, and her bright green eyes are shown often in close up. They really are very beautiful eyes, to be honest. Justified trope in that the book is a fictional account of how this painting came to be.
- Bella makes much of Edward Cullen's eyes. They're an especially good example because they change color (gold to black) according to how HUNGRY he is...and since his vampire thirst for blood is conflated with his lust for Bella, it sometimes has to do with how turned on he is too.
- Bella is insecure about her big, beautiful, chocolate brown eyes though Edward finds them fascinating. She loses them when she becomes a vampire, but not before she passes them on to baby Nessie.
- One of the two eugenically-created breeding lines in the Lensman series (run by Sufficiently Advanced Aliens to breed the perfect human) is distinguished by their auburn hair and "gold-flecked, tawny eyes."
- Darryl in the Young Wizards series has eyes so innocent that it hurts the first time you see them. Granted, he IS an abdal, and being a direct channel for The One would do that to you.
- David Munger's blue eyes in A.J. Quinnell's Snap Shot not only are described as penetrating but also are responsible of his sex appeal.
- In The Dresden Files, Harry spends a lot of time describing how ruggedly handsome Marcone is - especially his pretty eyes.
- He's not described as beautiful, but Grand Admiral Thrawn of The Thrawn Trilogy, who is only ever portrayed through the eyes of others, gets his intimidating glowing red eyes mentioned a lot by the Imperials working under him. His eyes and blue skin, both standard for his species, set him very much apart from the almost exclusively human Empire, and they certainly don't hurt his reputation.
- Flim, the Con Man who impersonates Thrawn in the Hand of Thrawn duology, mostly uses makeup, but imitates his eyes using "self-powered surface inserts". Just like with the real thing, he is never the viewpoint character and his eyes get mentioned more often than any other feature.
- In Death Star, there's a Zelosian character, a very human-looking Plant Alien with green eyes described as remarkable and gorgeous. By his love interest, admittedly.
- In Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy slowly finds himself being more and more attracted to Elizabeth, starting with her beautiful eyes. "No sooner had he made it clear to himself and his friends that she hardly had a good feature in her face, than he began to find it was rendered uncommonly intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes." Along with mentioning them yet again in his conversation with Miss Bingley: "I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow."
- Anne from Anne of Green Gables. Countless times, her grey eyes have been described as "shining" and "glowing" through the eyes of other people. And in Gilbert's case, he immediately got a crush on her when he first saw her during her first day at school, wanting that girl with "the big eyes that weren't like the eyes of any other girl in Avonlea school" to pay him some attention instead of ignoring him.
- In The Snow Goose, Fritha is utterly ordinary except for her violet eyes. She is the only one to befriend a crippled artist.
- Subverted in Dostoevsky's The Idiot with the character of Mrs. Epanchin — "her gray, rather large eyes sometimes had a most unexpected expression. She had once had the weakness of believing that her gaze produced an extraordinary effect; that conviction remained indelible in her", and she carries on melodramatically flashing her eyes when she tries to have influence over someone.
- Among other things, Humbert gives a lot of attention to Lolita's beautiful gray eyes.
- A Song of Ice and Fire:
- Action Girl Brienne of Tarth is infamous for being ugly... except for her gorgeous blue eyes.
- The Targaryen dynasty are famous for their beautiful violet eyes, and for just being generally gorgeous.
- Sansa Stark's blue eyes are said to be particularly vibrant and lovely. It's summed up best in this scene...
Petyr studied her eyes, as if seeing them for the first time. "You have your mother’s eyes. Honest eyes, and innocent. Blue as a sunlit sea. When you are a little older, many a man will drown in those eyes."
- Garath Bryne chased after an oath breaking Siuan Sanche in The Wheel of Time, ostensibly because he wanted to know why she had broken such a strong oath, but his narration includes several references to her pretty blue eyes which suggest another reason.
- Many characters in J. R. R. Tolkien's Legendarium are notable for their clear, light filled grey eyes. The fact that Edith Tolkien was a dark haired grey eyed beauty may have had something to do with this.
- Emma maintains that neither Robert Martin nor any man on Earth is good enough for sweet, perfect, tender-hearted Harriet with her beautiful blue eyes.
- Mrs Weston (Emma's former governess and close family friend) gushed about Emma's loveliness and her sparkling bright hazel eyes.
- Jane Fairfax's deep grey eyes with dark eyelashes are acknowledged as very beautiful.
- In the Song of the Lioness series (by Tamora Pierce) much attention/detail is given to Alanna's wide purple eyes.
- In the Dragon Lance: War Of Souls trilogy, Mina has amber eyes that are referenced quite often as her most striking feature.
- Several characters in Beyond the Western Sea think about how beautiful and fascinating Maura's blue eyes are.
- Drizzt Do'Urden's purple eyes fascinate others from the moment of his birth, including his sister, who gets a little too fascinated. They remain one of his most distinctive and remarked-upon traits; even when he's disguised as a surface elf, his eyes stay the same colour.
- An extra drow example would be Liriel Baenre, whose golden/amber eyes are commented upon - she even catches a ball of faerie fire and turns it a matching colour for fun as a child, to her father's surprise.
- A Wrinkle in Time: The first time Calvin O'Keefe sees Meg Murry without her glasses, he tells her to go right on wearing them because he doesn't want anyone else to see what "dreamboat eyes" she has. The characters wind up married (although not in that specific book).
- In The Bible, Leah is described as having "weak" eyes. The word, however, may more accurately be translated as "delicate," "lovely," or "gentle," to present her greatest asset before comparing her to her younger sister Rachel.
- In One Hundred Years of Solitude, Little Remedios has very pretty Green Eyes. Similarly, one of The Seventeen Aurelianos (Aureliano Amador) also has striking Green Eyes, contrasting with his extremely dark skin.
- The first thing that Fernanda notices when she sees Mauricio Babilonia is how he possesses deep and soulful Brown Eyes (which the narrative points out as a hint of him being a possible descendant of the Roma groups that often pass by Macondo.) Subverted in how the effect lasts just for a second and she throws him out of the Buendia home.
- In Tales of Kolmar, Akhor the Lord of the Kantri has Green Eyes which aren't seen as particularly remarkable by his own Kindred, but humans find them fascinating and hypnotic - "the eyes of a dragon are perilous deep". When he becomes human at the end of the first book he keeps the eyes, and it's repeatedly remarked on that they are still startling, and can show the weight of his long life.
- When Jerin Whistler meets Cira /Halley in A Brother's Price, he first notices the prominent scar on her face, then the fact that without the scar she'd be very plain and unremarkable, and then she gets close enough that he meets her gaze.
Her eyes were green, green and changing as summer wheat, one moment dark as velvet, next light as silk, with long thick dark eyelashes. Gorgeous eyes. How could he have thought her plain with such eyes?
- He apparently has those, too, though no Purple Prose is involved, the tailors whose job it is to bring people's attention to Jerin's more attractive features are pragmatic about it.
- The Princess Bride: Buttercup tells Westley his eyes are like the sea after a storm when declaring her love for him.
- In The Mortal Instruments, Magnus is very drawn to Alec's blue eyes.
- In The Doctrine of Labyrinths, Felix is an all-around Pretty Boy, but what really turns people on is his exotic eyes: one yellow, one pale blue.
- In The Mill on the Floss, Phillip Wakem is enamoured of Maggie Tulliver's eyes from childhood, when he remarks, "They're not like any other eyes. They seem trying to speak - trying to speak kindly." Windows to the Soul is implied to be in effect here, as according to crippled Phillip, Maggie is the only person who looks at him with genuine tenderness, rather than disgusted pity.
- My Ántonia:
- Ántonia is a natural beauty and has beautiful brown eyes. Narrator Jim describes her eyes as "big and warm and full of light, like the sun shining on brown pools in the wood".
- Lena has deep violet eyes — very unusual colour, and Jim mentions the fro time to time. She's a Dude Magnet with a touch of exotic, Scandinavian beauty.
- The Infernal Devices:
- Will Herondale's dark blue eyes are one of his most striking features.
- Cecily Herondale has dark blue eyes like her brother.
- In "The Surgeon", the first book in the Rizzoli & Isles series, Rizzoli's partner notices this about her. It's almost a relief to the reader, who has been subjected to almost relentless descriptions of her as "plain" and her equally relentless dislike of beautiful women, to hear that she has at least one positive physical attribute.
- In Divergent, Tris' blue eyes are said to be her best feature, contrast sharply with the rest of her plain self.
- One episode of Criminal Minds had an eye-removing killer, after being arrested, give a very creepy compliment to JJ (AJ Cook) about how beautiful her eyes are.
- Since Clare's main change in Season 10 of Degrassi was losing her glasses, most compliments to her have had to do with her eyes. First from Alli when Clare was thinking about getting the eye surgery, later that same story her first meeting with future boyfriend Eli was punctuated with him telling her that "she had pretty eyes." Fiona uses the same line when she shows up drunk to lunch with Clare. Aislinn Paul has very distinctive blue eyes.
- Suzanne Sugarbaker (Delta Burke) of Designing Women has really blue eyes with a catlike shape to them.
- According to Burke's biography, when her mother first saw her eyes, they reminded her of her pet cat, Delta, and thus Delta came to be named Delta Ramona Leah Burke.
- Parodied in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody when Cody is dating a French girl, with Mr. Moseby as his translator. They're at a loud club, and Cody tells Mr. Moseby to tell his date that her eyes are beautiful. He can't hear, so Cody says it again. Mr. Moseby still can't hear, so Cody says, with the entire club watching, "YOUR EYES ARE BEAUTIFUL!!" Being the Deadpan Snarker he is, Mr. Moseby reacts as so...
Mr. Moseby: Why, thank you. I like your sweater!
- In Wizards of Waverly Place, Harper (that is in Alex's body and has a huge crush on Justin) tells Justin that she might faint because he is staring at her with those eyes.
- In the Haven episode "Fear & Loathing", Jackie Clark's Trouble is that anybody who looks at her sees their greatest fear instead of her, which she can't turn off and absolutely hates. At the end, when she is cured, Nathan looks at her and says, "You have beautiful eyes."
- The Beatles' song "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band has the protagonist follow a "girl with caleidoscope eyes".
- Taylor Swift's song "Beautiful Eyes." The narrator never actually says what makes the eyes beautiful. However, she does repeatedly call them beautiful, and says she'll dream about them.
- Another Taylor Swift song, "Teardrops On My Guitar," mentions this. The narrator mentions that she hopes the girl Drew likes "Look[s] in those beautiful eyes and know[s] she's lucky..."
- The very first line of "Stay Beautiful" likens a boy's eyes to a jungle. Evidently, Ms. Swift likes this trope. When you're really looking for it, a lot of her songs mention boys' eyes.
- LeAnn Rimes Light In Your Eyes. While most of her other songs don't actually use the trope, they well imply such.
- The song "Your Eyes" by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.
- Zig Zagged by Elton John's "Your Song": "You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue" but "those are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen"
- ''Her Eyes" by Pat Monahan.
- The song If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful, a duet by Jermaine Jackson and Whitney Houston, implies this between two lovers.
- Beautiful Eyes by Glenn Lewis. As a matter of fact, he repeats the title innumerable times throughout the song. The narrator says that the beautiful eyes hypnotize him, and make him cry every time he sees them.
- "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel; the pure, untainted emotion version: "In your eyes/The light, the heat/In your eyes/I am complete..."
- The song "Pretty Green Eyes" by Ultrabeat, which describes them both as full of "sparkle and light" and "wonder and despair".
- Céline Dion's song "Falling Into You": "In your eyes/I see ribbons of color/I see us/Inside of each other..."
- "Prettiest Eyes" by The Beautiful South, the untainted emotion version.
- "Sparkle" by Cameo: "When I first saw you/You Had sparkle in your eyes/Like the stars at night/In the sky..."
- "Bette Davis Eyes" is all about a woman with beautiful eyes, although the song makes clear that this is just one of her attractive characteristics.
- The Avenged Sevenfold song "Save Me" has the lines, "A moment seen through those eyes, crystal blue disguise" that describe Jimmy Sullivan's eyes, and is a Tear Jerker because the song is also written in his memory. Jimmy is also known for having beautiful, blue eyes by fans.
- "Jeepers Creepers" by Louis Armstrong and several others.
Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get so lit up?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get that size?
- The famous song "Piel Canela" by Puerto Rican singer Bobby Capó, about a girl with striking black eyes.
Let the infinite be left without starsOr let the wide sea lose its immensityBut don't let the black of your eyes dieAnd let your cinnamon skin stay the same.
- "Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes sings about a woman whose eyes are like those of glamorous film icon Bette Davis.
- "Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles" by Captain Beefheart from "Clear Spot".
I look at her and she looks at meIn her eyes I see the seaI don't know what she sees in a man like meBut she says she loves meHer eyes are a blue million miles
- "Your Eyes Are Like A Cup Of Tea" from Brian Jones Presents The Pipes Of Pan At Jajouka' by Brian Jones, though it's all sang in Moroccan.
- "Them There Eyes", a jazz standard most associated with Billie Holiday.
I fell in love with you the first time I looked into
Them There Eyes
And you have a certain lil cute way of flirtin'\\
- Telma takes some fascination with Link's eyes in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, as she lets Ilia know.
Telma: This swordsman of ours has great eyes, honey. They're proud and wild...like a feral beast.
- Final Fantasy:
- Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII. He's well known for having vivid blue eyes (which glow aqua-green because of his being injected with Mako). These Mako eyes are apparently also bewitching for men. As noted by one of Corneo's rapist lackeys that went chasing Cloud (in drag):
Lackey: "Oh, your eyes. They seem to... glow. I'm all yours, baby!"
- There's also Zack Fair, whose eyes literally glow blue. In particular, Aerith at one point describes them as "wide and beautiful like the sky".
- Laguna from Final Fantasy VIII. Julia even comes out and tells him: "You have beautiful eyes. Don't worry, I'm not going to pluck 'em and eat 'em." There's a reason that the love song he inspired her to write is called "Eyes on Me".
- Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII. He's well known for having vivid blue eyes (which glow aqua-green because of his being injected with Mako). These Mako eyes are apparently also bewitching for men. As noted by one of Corneo's rapist lackeys that went chasing Cloud (in drag):
- Metal Gear:
- Big Boss (Naked Snake) from Metal Gear Solid 3, who has intense, aqua eyes◊. Brought up in-game by Volgin, who angrily orders The Boss to blind him. "Cut out his eyes! I don't like those blue eyes of his. There is nothing more important to a soldier than his eyes." The fact that Volgin notices that Big Boss' eyes are such an asset (to the point that he knows it would be the ultimate torture to take it away) says something. As are everyone else's horrified reactions to it.
- Naomi persuades Otacon to stop wearing his glasses because without them he 'looks handsome'. This at first appears to be part of her scheme of manipulating him to reduce his awareness so she can do her job and disappear, but the closest she comes to apologising for this scheme or saying she loves him is when she tells him that he has the most beautiful eyes she's ever seen.
- Spoofed in Mask of the Betrayer. When half-Celestial Kaelyn joins your party, resident The Casanova/gigantic fop Gannayev starts gushing about her eyes...because they're reflective, so he can see how pretty he is.
- One of the reasons why General Valter is obsessed with Princess Eirika in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones are her gorgeous eyes full of spirit and defiance.
- In Fire Emblem 7, General Wallace decides to join Lyn on her quest to overthrow her usurper grand-uncle because her eyes are clear and free of deceit.
- Many characters have commented on how beautiful eyes Atsuki have in Lux-Pain.
- According to Isabela in Dragon Age II, Fenris has pretty eyes. The compliment is rather spoiled when she follows it up by saying she'd like to wear them on a necklace.
- "You have pretty eyes" is Isabela's way of deflecting conversation when it goes in a direction she doesn't want (in the banter mentioned above, Fenris was asking about the relic she's searching for). It gets used against her by Hawke when she's complaining about Gamlen hitting on her.
- A straighter version turns up in the first game: a romanced Zevran will mention in party banter with Morrigan that a female Warden has lovely eyes (and a male Warden has "strong hands").
- Noel from BlazBlue has very large, pretty green ones, and they earn her quite a few compliments too. Including one from Hazama.
- In Kohaku's route of Tsukihime when Akiha goes yandere, Shiki has to fight her to save Kohaku and uses his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception on her. Her reaction? "What beautiful... blue eyes."
- Which is actually rather disturbing, since when almost anyone else sees his eyes they're terrified. Which is understandable, because they look pretty much evil.
- It's less obvious in Tsukihime, since you never get to see Shiki's eyes, but in Kara no Kyoukai, the "Mystic Eyes of Death Perception" are indeed, quite beautiful.◊
- Rin of Katawa Shoujo
She is not particularily pretty except for her murky green eyes which...don't reflect the sunlight at all, but instead absorb all of it within them like deep wells.
- Shizune's "deep and alluring blue eyes" also qualify
- Incidentally, both Saber and Ilya often get loving descriptions of their eyes in Fate/stay night. Tohsaka's eyes are quite pretty as well, but this isn't commented on as much.
- Togainu no Chi: Akira's eyes. Rin especially seems to like Akira's eyes but he has also gotten comments from others.
- Shiki likes Akira's eyes as well, but for completely different reasons.
- The gods of the zodiac in Star-Crossed Myth are very taken by the protagonist's eyes, which they describe as having stars in them.
- The first thing that Tyrna notices about Gavin in Sword Daughter is that he has "the most beautiful violet eyes [she's] ever seen."
- In an early page of Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi, Blossom bumps into Dexter in the hallway at school, knocking off his glasses to reveal his beautiful blue eyes. She subsequently becomes Distracted by the Sexy.
- In Sinfest, one of the things that makes Criminy so attractive to Fuchsia besides his gentle disposition is that he has "pretty brown eyes".
- Othar Tryggvassen, GENTLEMAN ADVENTURER!, goes from an intimidating Genius Bruiser to a full-fledged (if rather bulky) Bishounen simply by removing his visor.
- Iriana in Ilivais X gets this often. Considering they shift through a swirl of pretty much every color and change to a fixed color when in a strong mood, it's reasonable to see why.
- The Joker admires Dr. Quinzel's eyes in The Joker Blogs.
- Joker: Did anyone ever tell you that you have lovely eyes? I mean, they go well with the rest of your face. It's not like I want to pop them out of your skull and carry them on a key-chain. [long drawn-out pause] It’s a compliment.
- Naruto of Naruto The Abridged Comedy Fandub Spoof Series Show once states that Sasuke has "gorgeous eyes".
- The Nostalgia Critic's huge blue-green eyes. Lampshaded by the Moulin Rouge! review bloopers.
Lindsay: [very close and very horny] Your eyes are so blue!Doug: I know. I just look at you and...
- Family Guy: In the episode "Peter-assment" Peter wears contacts to work after his glasses break and his boss is shown looking at him in astonishment saying "I can see your eyes, and your eyelashes. They're beautiful!"
- Alexis Bledel◊, Her eyes are one of the few things in colour◊ in Sin City because the director liked them and insisted.
- Saoirse Ronan◊.
- Many fans asked WETA how they digitally enhanced Elijah Wood's eyes in Lord of the Rings. They responded, "We didn't". Fangirl squeeing ensued.
- Dominic Monaghan pranked Elijah by conducting a satellite interview posing as a German talk show host. Several times he discusses Elijah's big blue eyes, culminating with, "You have very big eyes, big blue eyes. Do you think this is the reason why you're successful?"
- On the Fellowship cast commentary, Sean Astin brings up how his daughter was completely fascinated by them when they first met.
- Paul Newman. Allegedly, the film version of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof was made in color because of his (and Elizabeth Taylor's) famous eyes. There's even a song titled, "I Wish I Had Paul Newman's Eyes."
- Jonathan Brandis was known for his piercing eyes.
- One contemporary of Alexander Hamilton stated that "These [Hamilton’s eyes] were of deep azure, eminently beautiful, without the slightest trace of hardness or severity, and beamed with higher expressions of intelligence and discernment than any others that I ever saw…"
- Judy◊ Collins◊. Steven Stills wrote "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" about her and his break-up with her.
- Elizabeth Taylor was known for her violet eyes and was rather commented about it during life and after her passing.
- Bette Davis◊ was known for having beautiful eyes. There's even a song about them.
- Amanda Seyfried has very big green eyes that dominate her face. Tina Fey even said she had "Bette Davis eyes" in the directors commentry for Mean Girls. Several different film reviewers have gone further and stated she has "Anime eyes."
- Almost everybody who met T. E. Lawrence in person remarked how attractive he was in general and how beautiful his eyes were in particular. Fittingly, he is portrayed by Peter O'Toole in the biopic.
- The late Michael Jackson's daughter Paris.
- British actor Jamie Bamber has gorgeous blue eyes that have become a major trait of every character he's played. To the point where when his Law & Order: UK character Matt Devlin was shot and killed, they were the last we saw of him
- Alison Brie.
- Cillian Murphy has◊ piercing blue eyes. Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan outright admitted that he kept trying to invent excuses for him to take his glasses off in close-ups.
- Then there is British actor Benedict Cumberbatch, whose eye color can go◊ from green to blue to gray, depending on the lighting.
- Supermodel/actress Kathy Ireland's green eyes are easily her most famous feature.
- Travis Fimmel (star of Vikings and formerly a Calvin Klein underwear model) has such intensely blue eyes◊ that many scenes are built around close-ups of them.
- Emma Stone.
- Sterling Beaumon is known for his intense stare, particularly in LOST where it was further amplified by his character's thick glasses.
- One of James McAvoy's most striking features are his bright, baby blue irises. Coupled with his youthful, Pretty Boy looks, they naturally evoke the Innocent Blue Eyes trope, so he is often type cast as the Wide-Eyed Idealist.
- Aaron Paul has soulful,◊ crystaline◊ blue◊ Puppy-Dog Eyes, a fact that's even pointed out by a minor character on Breaking Bad.
- Chris Pine◊.
- Alexandra Daddario.
- Rapper Sage the Gemini◊ has gorgeous brown eyes.
- Clark Gregg, aka the MCU's Agent Phil Coulson◊, if the number of fanfics which stop dead to rhapsodise over said eyes are any indication.