In your eyes, the light, the heat In your eyes, I am complete In your eyes, I see the doorway to a thousand churches In your eyes, the resolution of all my fruitless searches
, "In Your Eyes"
This is where a character has very unique, "beautiful" eyes. These eyes are one of their main defining characteristics, and many people become enamored with them
because of it. Maybe their eyes are an unusual color
, or perhaps it's a very piercing, striking hue of a color. Or possibly, their eyes have very pure, untainted emotion inside that other people can clearly see. Whatever the reason, these eyes will be known
for being gorgeous and special. In fact, characters will many times come out and tell them that their eyes are beautiful. Occasionally, the character themselves will hate their own eyes because it makes them "different."
"The eyes are the window to the soul" may be a factor.
Warning: Possible sign of a Mary Sue
. Be very careful if you want to make that a character trait for one of your own creations.
See also Gaussian Girl
, a type of picture that emphasizes the eyes. This trope is the bolder cousin to When She Smiles
. The page name isn't
meant to imply a threat. Probably.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Black Cat:
- Train has yellow, cat-like eyes. In the anime, both Saya and Creed tell him repeatedly that his eyes are so beautiful. And they both fell for him. However, they had quite different reasons and different situations: Saya loved his eyes for the conventional reasons, but Creed loved the eyes that he had as an emotionless, perfect killer.
- Charden of the Apostles of the Star, a Tao user who can manipulate his blood, usually appears relatively plain in a longcoat, silk top hat and orange-tinted shades. However, the first time Kyoko sees him without his glasses, she says that she would totally fall for him if she weren't already devoted to Black Cat.
- Sousuke from Full Metal Panic!. Gauron became enamored with him initially because of his eyes. To quote Gauron: "Anyone would say they're beautiful."
- Yami No Matsuei
- Tsuzuki has Purple Eyes. Muraki constantly reminds him of how much he loves those beautiful eyes, telling him that he fell in love with him at first sight when he saw his eyes in a photo. Tsuzuki, on the other hand, hates them.
- Hisoka, also, is on occasion told his Green Eyes are 'beautiful but cold'.
- In Samurai Deeper Kyo, some of Kyo's opponents thought that "Demon Eyes" Kyo's red eyes were beautiful.
- Prince Diamond about Sailor Moon.
Prince Diamond: Her eyes ... *So beautiful* ... Sailor Moon ... exquisite.
- Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask's eyes are also stated as remarkably beautiful by Usagi in the manga, she says that his eyes are so deep she could drown in them. One of the songs for the anime was about him and it states than his eyes are "Silver-gray"
- Roberto raises the Ho Yay level when he tells Nina: Roberto: You have beautiful eyes. Just like Johan's...
- Even Tenma comments on how Johan has beautiful eyes.
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
- This is why Nanoha decided to befriend Fate. She was fascinated by her "beautiful sad eyes" and wanted to help her. But Fate being the bad guy meant she wasn't going to open up and start chatting, so Nanoha decided she would get powerful enough to beat her so that she would tell her why she's sad so Nanoha could fix it.
- Their daughter Vivio seems to be going down a similar route in Vivid with a sparring session that had Vivio commenting to herself about Einhart Stratos' eyes, except they're not quite as aggressive against each other as Nanoha and Fate were... yet. Einhart's disappointed when Vivio doesn't try her hardest during their fight.
- In The Gears of Destiny, when the nine years old Nanoha meets Einhart from the future, she's fascinated by Einhart's beautiful eyes. Nanoha seems to have a fetish for eyes.
- Haruhi Suzumiya:
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann doesn't bring attention to Kamina's eyes, but instead his long, beautiful eyelashes, which are gushed over by Kittan's sisters in Episode 4, and arguably parodied in Parallel Works 2.
- Mihoko of Saki, whose heterochromatic eyes Hisa mentioned to be very pretty when she saw them. "Did you know? Red rubies and blue sapphires are made from the same element".
- In Black Butler,
- It's very heavily implied that Undertaker's eyes (which he hides underneath his long bangs) are pretty. Before Grell Sutcliff sees them, she calls Undertaker "dull" and shows very little interest in him. However, after actually looking into them... she gets clingy and asks Undertaker to hug her. In the manga chapters 59 to 61 we finally see them. And yes, they're◊ very pretty◊, along with the rest of his face.
- Apparently, William Spears eyes as well. Considering how enamored Grell is by them, saying that they send chills up her spine.
- In episode 5 of the second season Alois comments that Ciel's eyes are the same pretty blue color as his ring, which leads to much Foe Yay.
- Drocell gazes deep into Elizabeth's eyes and says "Your eyes have such tremendous depth and sadness in them. They're incredibly melancholic."
- In the manga, the Viscount of Druitt comments to an audience when he is trying to auction off a disguised Ciel: "Her eyes are bright and beautiful, the color of the sea, yet with a deep contrasting color of the forest."
- In Princess Tutu Mytho's eyes are one of the first thing that Ahiru notices. They're also the first thing that lets her know something isn't quite right with him.
Ahiru: Wow, what pretty eyes. It's like they're sucking me in. But, they look so...empty.
- In Xxx HO Li C, Watanuki remarks on one of his customer's eyes. She's blind, but he still finds her eyes very pretty. When she jokingly asks him if only her eyes are pretty, he politely tells her that the rest is pretty too, of course.
- During the Shura Arc of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Fai and Kurogane's eyes turn black while staying in Yama. When Syaoran tells Sakura about this she remarks that "Fai-san has beautiful blue eyes like sapphires." Which is probably why CLAMP like to play with them so much.
- In Hunter × Hunter, there's any member of the Kuruta Clan, whose most special (and actually legendary) feature are their beautiful "Scarlet Eyes", which only shows when they experience rage or extreme emotional agitation. These eyes were so beautiful, it got to the point where they were actually hunted for their eyes, which were highly in demand as a collector's treasure. Currently, the only survivor of the clan is Kurapika, who has to hide his eyes using plain contacts so no one knows he's one.
- On that note, at some instances Hisoka referred to Kurapika's blue eyes as "delicious" and Kurapika's scarlet eyes as "exciting".
- Recent Naruto manga chapters have some Kisame/Killerbee Foe Yay which includes the two enemies getting really close to each other's faces and Killerbee telling Kisame that he has "pretty eyes". And it's too bad they're pretty because "they'll soon be pretty dead!"
- Naoe of Mirage of Blaze once comments on the shining brilliance of Kagetora's eyes.
- In Immortal Rain, Ys tells Machika that she has "pretty eyes like a blue sky" after she asks him why he was staring at her.
- Hyakujitsu No Bara: When Taki told Klaus that he won't abandon his people but protect them and stand with them on the battlefield, Klaus said he had 'such beautiful eyes'.
- Sora from Shitsurakuen went completely NanoFate when Reiko turned her down as a mistress and she saw Reiko's "beautiful, vigorous eyes."
- Sakurako from Ai Kora. The protagonist, Maeda, is so obsessed with them, he's the first one to notice when something's wrong with them.
- Sakura Gari: Souma remarks that Masataka has very beautiful honest eyes. It's about at this point that his attraction to him begins. Unfortunately for Mastaka.
- In Sensual Phrase much mention is given to how startling some people find Sakuya's blue eyes. In chapter 2, Aine tells Sakuya "under the glare of the lights, your blue eyes look incredibly beautiful." She then thinks to herself "his eyes are just like the burning stamp of sin." Later in chapter 7 when Sakuya reveals to Aine how his blue eyes are connected to his Dark and Troubled Past ( as he's a Child by Rape and his rapist "father" was a blue-eyed American male), Aine hugs him and reassures him "I love your blue eyes! Beautiful, clear, straightforward...I love them!"
- In the Jyu-Oh-Sei manga, Tiz gives Thor's beautiful blue eyes as the reason for why she claimed him as her husband.
- Under Grand Hotel:
- Sen makes much of Swordfish's eyes. Also, in one scene a barber named Norman pushes Sen's bangs back and asks him, "You wanna try cutting your bangs a little? Your eyes are so beautiful."
- In Retrace 50 of Pandora Hearts Elliot thinks its a shame that Leo hides his face behind his hair because "his eyes are such a beautiful color".
- In Retrace 61, Vincent seems to think so as well. "Such a beautiful color... those eyes... that golden light shining in those two pits of darkness... reflects the world that he alone can see."
- Pilot Amuro Ray from Mobile Suit Gundam is commented on for having beautiful brown eyes. Most notably by a potential love interest, Lalah Sune.
- Brief, in Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. They're normally covered up by Blinding Bangs, but when pulled up, he looks kinda like a redheaded Leonardo DiCaprio from William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet and manages to make Panty, the object of his desire, want to make him her 1000th fuck (which she eventually does).
- The thing that makes Tamaki want Haruhi for the Host Club is when he takes off her glasses and sees her eyes.
- In Natsume Yuujinchou, one of the first things Hinoe does when Takashi Natsume summons her is gush about his eyes... only to immediately retract the compliment and all others when she realizes she's got the wrong Natsume.
- Yoh of Starry☆Sky is told that his eyes are beautiful in a flashback during the first episode and in the second episode.
- In one of the many Ho Yay moments that have Yuki thinks that Luka has pretty eyes in chapter 1 of the Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru manga. Also, Shuusei thinks that Hotsuma's eyes are as fascinating as sparkling gemstones in chapter 9.
- In Heat Guy J, Giovanni (then a lonely 12-year-old Street Urchin) is found by Don Lorenzo Leonelli and told he has "good, strong eyes" (and thoroughly confused by that statement even into his adulthood). Lorenzo then takes Giovanni home to be a friend/big-brother-figure for his lonely, depressed 4-year-old son.
- Candy Candy: Anthony, on Candy: "Her eyes... her pretty Green Eyes!"
- No6: In the novels, Shion almost cannot mention Nezumi without talking about how beautiful his stoic, grey eyes are.
- Märchen Awakens Romance: Said exactly like this by Phantom who is obsessed with Alviss mainly because his eyes remind him of a certain someone. Alviss' blue eyes are very similar to his girlfriend's Alma, which explains why he gets complimented so much.
- Reimei No Arcana: In chapter 23 Gouda touches Nakaba's face and tells her "Even these lively looking eyes are lovely."
- In episode 3 of D.N.Angel Risa fangirls over Dark "Dark-san's eyes are very captivating. It's like being pulled into his eyes that sparkle like amethysts."
- And in episode 9 Daisuke thinks about Riku "What beautiful eyes. Harada-san had eyes like that."
- In Berserk, while sick with a fever from his first encounter with Griffith and the Band of the Hawk, Guts became delirious from a nightmare about his dark childhood trauma, only to be soothed from the nightmares through Casca's (who he did not formally meet other than a brief clash of swords) Intimate Healing. He didn't remember much from this sequence, other than whoever was warming him had "black eyes." When Guts and Casca "formally" meet the next morning (with a punch from her), he instantly recognizes her eyes.
- In Fate/Zero, one of the things that keys Irisviel in about Lancer's identity (Diarmuid Ua Duibhne of the Love Spot) is the "impressive brilliance" of his eyes seems to be accentuated a little too well by that Beauty Mark of his, as if magic had some hand in it.
- The manga version of Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi has a rather disturbing example. Hiko rips out Hampnie's eye to claim as a "prize" and then starts gushing about how beautiful it is. (In a less disturbing example, the anime seems very fond of emphasizing the characters' pretty eyes, especially Ai's.)
- In The Circumstances Leading To Waltraute's Marriage, Waltraute says this about Jack Elvan. He may be a scrawny kid who's never been in a fight before, but he has the eyes of a true warrior.
- In Black★Rock Shooter, Saya says Mato's eyes are beautiful as they have never seen nor expressed hatred.
- Seiryuu in Akatsuki no Yona inherited the eyes of the Blue Dragon and upon seeing them for the first time, Yona remarked how beautiful they were. But due to the villagers' superstition that anyone who looked at his eyes became stone, Seiryuu always wore a mask to conceal them.
- In Persepolis, Marjane Satrapi mentions a university classmate who was considered especially beautiful because of her green eyes; according to Marjane most Iranians have black eyes.
- In some continuities, a major reason why Superman wears glasses as Clark Kent is because his eyes are an intense and noticeably deep blue, and the lenses make them less conspicuous.
- In The Dark Tower, Roland Deschain's eyes are described as preternaturally blue, clear and murderous. They're also too finely tuned to see the picture on a TV screen.
- Sayuri/Chiyo's blue-grey eyes in Memoirs of a Geisha are given a lot of focus. Many characters describe them as rather startling, that they're the first thing that captures your attention. That they're like "the color of a mirror" and that you could easily see yourself in them.
- In his novel Atonement Ian Mc Ewan writes that Robbie Turner has eyes of optimism
- Harry Potter:
- Besides the lightning shaped scar, Harry's most notable and frequently commented on physical trait is his Green Eyes, which he got from his mother, Lily. Pretty much everyone remarks about it.
- In the epilogue Harry's middle child and youngest son, Albus Severus Potter, is the only one who inherits Lily's eyes.
- Harry finds Ginny's brown eyes to be very beautiful.
- Griet's eyes from Tracy Chevalier's book Girl with a Pearl Earring appear to have an entrancing affect on a few characters, all who say something along the lines of: "You have very wide eyes." They're given a lot of attention in the book, also being described as "quite luminous", like "liquid were spilling into them". In the movie version, Scarlett Johansson plays Griet, and her bright green eyes are shown often in close up. They really are very beautiful eyes, to be honest. Justified trope in that the book is a fictional account of how this painting came to be.
- Bella makes much of Edward Cullen's eyes. They're an especially good example because they change color (gold to black) according to how HUNGRY he is...and since his vampire thirst for blood is conflated with his lust for Bella, it sometimes has to do with how turned on he is too.
- Bella is insecure about her big, beautiful, chocolate brown eyes though Edward finds them fascinating. She loses them when she becomes a vampire, but not before she passes them on to baby Nessie.
- One of the two eugenically-created breeding lines in the Lensman series (run by Sufficiently Advanced Aliens to breed the perfect human) is distinguished by their auburn hair and "gold-flecked, tawny eyes."
- Darryl in the Young Wizards series has eyes so innocent that it hurts the first time you see them. Granted, he IS an abdal, and being a direct channel for The One would do that to you.
- David Munger's blue eyes in A.J. Quinnell's Snap Shot not only are described as penetrating but also are responsible of his sex appeal.
- In The Dresden Files, Harry spends a lot of time describing how ruggedly handsome Marcone is - especially his pretty eyes.
- He's not described as beautiful, but Grand Admiral Thrawn of The Thrawn Trilogy, who is only ever portrayed through the eyes of others, gets his intimidating glowing red eyes mentioned a lot by the Imperials working under him. His eyes and blue skin, both standard for his species, set him very much apart from the almost exclusively human Empire, and they certainly don't hurt his reputation.
- In Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy slowly finds himself being more and more attracted to Elizabeth, starting with her beautiful eyes. "No sooner had he made it clear to himself and his friends that she hardly had a good feature in her face, than he began to find it was rendered uncommonly intelligent by the beautiful expression of her dark eyes." Along with mentioning them yet again in his conversation with Miss Bingley: "I have been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow."
- Anne from Anne of Green Gables. Countless times, her grey eyes have been described as "shining" and "glowing" through the eyes of other people. And in Gilbert's case, he immediately got a crush on her when he first saw her during her first day at school, wanting that girl with "the big eyes that weren't like the eyes of any other girl in Avonlea school" to pay him some attention instead of ignoring him.
- In The Snow Goose, Fritha is utterly ordinary except for her violet eyes. She is the only one to befriend a crippled artist.
- Subverted in Dostoevsky's The Idiot with the character of Mrs. Epanchin — "her gray, rather large eyes sometimes had a most unexpected expression. She had once had the weakness of believing that her gaze produced an extraordinary effect; that conviction remained indelible in her", and she carries on melodramatically flashing her eyes when she tries to have influence over someone.
- Among other things, Humbert gives a lot of attention to Lolita's beautiful gray eyes.
- A Song of Ice and Fire:
- Action Girl Brienne of Tarth is infamous for being ugly... except for her gorgeous blue eyes.
- The Targaryen dynasty are famous for their beautiful violet eyes, and for just being generally gorgeous.
- Sansa Stark's blue eyes are said to be particularly vibrant and lovely. It's summed up best in this scene...
Petyr studied her eyes, as if seeing them for the first time. "You have your mother’s eyes. Honest eyes, and innocent. Blue as a sunlit sea. When you are a little older, many a man will drown in those eyes."
- Garath Bryne chased after an oath breaking Siuan Sanche in The Wheel of Time, ostensibly because he wanted to know why she had broken such a strong oath, but his narration includes several references to her pretty blue eyes which suggest another reason.
- Many characters in J. R. R. Tolkien's Legendarium are notable for their clear, light filled grey eyes. The fact that Edith Tolkien was a dark haired grey eyed beauty may have had something to do with this.
- Emma maintains that neither Robert Martin nor any man on Earth is good enough for sweet, perfect, tender-hearted Harriet with her beautiful blue eyes.
- Mrs Weston (Emma's former governess and close family friend) gushed about Emma's loveliness and her sparkling bright hazel eyes.
- Jane Fairfax's deep grey eyes with dark eyelashes are acknowledged as very beautiful.
- In the Song of the Lioness series (by Tamora Pierce) much attention/detail is given to Alanna's wide purple eyes.
- In the Dragon Lance: War Of Souls trilogy, Mina has amber eyes that are referenced quite often as her most striking feature.
- Several characters in Beyond the Western Sea think about how beautiful and fascinating Maura's blue eyes are.
- Drizzt Do'Urden's purple eyes fascinate others from the moment of his birth, including his sister, who gets a little too fascinated. They remain one of his most distinctive and remarked-upon traits; even when he's disguised as a surface elf, his eyes stay the same colour.
- An extra drow example would be Liriel Baenre, whose golden/amber eyes are commented upon - she even catches a ball of faerie fire and turns it a matching colour for fun as a child, to her father's surprise.
- A Wrinkle in Time: The first time Calvin O'Keefe sees Meg Murry without her glasses, he tells her to go right on wearing them because he doesn't want anyone else to see what "dreamboat eyes" she has. The characters wind up married (although not in that specific book).
- In The Bible, Leah is described as having "weak" eyes. The word, however, may more accurately be translated as "delicate," "lovely," or "gentle," to present her greatest asset before comparing her to her younger sister Rachel.
- In The Red Tent (sort of a Biblical Fanfiction), she is described as having one blue eye and one green eye, which cause her to be dismissed by most people outside of her immediate family as a "freak."
- In One Hundred Years of Solitude, Little Remedios has very pretty Green Eyes. Similarly, one of The Seventeen Aurelianos (Aureliano Amador) also has striking Green Eyes, contrasting with his extremely dark skin.
- The first thing that Fernanda notices when she sees Mauricio Babilonia is how he possesses deep and soulful Brown Eyes (which the narrative points out as a hint of him being a possible descendant of the Roma groups that often pass by Macondo.) Subverted in how the effect lasts just for a second and she throws him out of the Buendia home.
- In Tales of Kolmar, Akhor the Lord of the Kantri has Green Eyes which aren't seen as particularly remarkable by his own Kindred, but humans find them fascinating and hypnotic - "the eyes of a dragon are perilous deep". When he becomes human at the end of the first book he keeps the eyes, and it's repeatedly remarked on that they are still startling, and can show the weight of his long life.
- When Jerin Whistler meets Cira /Halley in A Brother's Price, he first notices the prominent scar on her face, then the fact that without the scar she'd be very plain and unremarkable, and then she gets close enough that he meets her gaze.
Her eyes were green
, green and changing as summer wheat, one moment dark as velvet, next light as silk, with long thick dark eyelashes. Gorgeous eyes. How could he have thought her plain with such eyes?
- The Princess Bride: Buttercup tells Westley his eyes are like the sea after a storm when declaring her love for him.
- In The Mortal Instruments, Magnus is very drawn to Alec's blue eyes.
- In The Doctrine of Labyrinths, Felix is an all-around Pretty Boy, but what really turns people on is his exotic eyes: one yellow, one pale blue.
- In The Mill on the Floss, Phillip Wakem is enamoured of Maggie Tulliver's eyes from childhood, when he remarks, "They're not like any other eyes. They seem trying to speak - trying to speak kindly." Windows to the Soul is implied to be in effect here, as according to crippled Phillip, Maggie is the only person who looks at him with genuine tenderness, rather than disgusted pity.
- My Ántonia:
- Ántonia is a natural beauty and has beautiful brown eyes. Narrator Jim describes her eyes as "big and warm and full of light, like the sun shining on brown pools in the wood".
- Lena has deep violet eyes — very unusual colour, and Jim mentions the fro time to time. She's a Dude Magnet with a touch of exotic, Scandinavian beauty.
- The Infernal Devices:
- Will Herondale's dark blue eyes are one of his most striking features.
- Cecily Herondale has dark blue eyes like her brother.
- In "The Surgeon", the first book in the Rizzoli & Isles series, Rizzoli's partner notices this about her. It's almost a relief to the reader, who has been subjected to almost relentless descriptions of her as "plain" and her equally relentless dislike of beautiful women, to hear that she has at least one positive physical attribute.
Live Action TV
- Taylor Swift's song "Beautiful Eyes." The narrator never actually says what makes the eyes beautiful. However, she does repeatedly call them beautiful, and says she'll dream about them.
- Another Taylor Swift song, "Teardrops On My Guitar," mentions this. The narrator mentions that she hopes the girl Drew likes "Look[s] in those beautiful eyes and know[s] she's lucky..."
- The very first line of "Stay Beautiful" likens a boy's eyes to a jungle. Evidently, Ms. Swift likes this trope. When you're really looking for it, a lot of her songs mention boys' eyes.
- LeAnn Rimes Light In Your Eyes. While most of her other songs don't actually use the trope, they well imply such.
- The song "Your Eyes" by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.
- Zig Zagged by Elton John's "Your Song": "You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue" but "those are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen"
- ''Her Eyes" by Pat Monahan.
- The song If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful, a duet by Jermaine Jackson and Whitney Houston, implies this between two lovers.
- Beautiful Eyes by Glenn Lewis. As a matter of fact, he repeats the title innumerable times throughout the song. The narrator says that the beautiful eyes hypnotize him, and make him cry every time he sees them.
- "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel; the pure, untainted emotion version: "In your eyes/The light, the heat/In your eyes/I am complete..."
- The song "Pretty Green Eyes" by Ultrabeat, which describes them both as full of "sparkle and light" and "wonder and despair".
- Céline Dion's song "Falling Into You": "In your eyes/I see ribbons of color/I see us/Inside of each other..."
- "Prettiest Eyes" by The Beautiful South, the untainted emotion version.
- "Sparkle" by Cameo "When I first saw you/You Had sparkle in your eyes/Like the stars at night/In the sky..."
- "Bette Davis Eyes" is all about a woman with beautiful eyes, although the song makes clear that this is just one of her attractive characteristics.
- The Avenged Sevenfold song Save Me has the lines, "A moment seen through those eyes, crystal blue disguise" that describe Jimmy Sullivan's eyes, and is a Tear Jerker because the song is also written in his memory. Jimmy is also known for having beautiful, blue eyes by fans.
- "Jeepers Creepers" by Louis Armstrong and several others.
Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
Jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get so lit up?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get that size?
- The famous song "Piel Canela" by Puerto Rican singer Bobby Capó, about a girl with striking black eyes.
Let the infinite be left without stars
Or let the wide sea lose its immensity
But don't let the black of your eyes die
And let your cinnamon skin stay the same.
- Family Guy: In the episode "Peter-assment" Peter wears contacts to work after his glasses break and his boss is shown looking at him in astonishment saying "I can see your eyes, and your eyelashes. They're beautiful!"
- Alexis Bledel◊, Her eyes are one of the few things in colour◊ in Sin City because the director liked them and insisted.
- Saoirse Ronan◊.
- Many fans asked WETA how they digitally enhanced Elijah Wood's eyes in Lord of the Rings. They responded, "We didn't". Fangirl squeeing ensued.
- Dominic Monaghan pranked Elijah by conducting a satellite interview posing as a German talk show host. Several times he discusses Elijah's big blue eyes, culminating with, "You have very big eyes, big blue eyes. Do you think this is the reason why you're successful?"
- On the Fellowship cast commentary, Sean Astin brings up how his daughter was completely fascinated by them when they first met.
- Paul Newman. Allegedly, the film version of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof was made in color because of his (and Elizabeth Taylor's) famous eyes. There's even a song titled, "I Wish I Had Paul Newman's Eyes."
- Jonathan Brandis was known for his piercing eyes.
- One contemporary of Alexander Hamilton stated that "These [Hamilton’s eyes] were of deep azure, eminently beautiful, without the slightest trace of hardness or severity, and beamed with higher expressions of intelligence and discernment than any others that I ever saw…"
- Judy◊ Collins◊. Steven Stills wrote "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" about her and his break-up with her.
- Elizabeth Taylor was known for her violet eyes and was rather commented about it during life and after her passing.
- Bette Davis◊ was known for having beautiful eyes. There's even a song about them.
- Amanda Seyfried has very big green eyes that dominate her face. Tina Fey even said she had "Bette Davis eyes" in the directors commentry for Mean Girls. Several different film reviewers have gone further and stated she has "Anime eyes."
- Almost everybody who met T. E. Lawrence in person remarked how attractive he was in general and how beautiful his eyes were in particular. Fittingly, he is portrayed by Peter O'Toole in the biopic.
- The late Michael Jackson's daughter Paris.
- British actor Jamie Bamber has gorgeous blue eyes that have become a major trait of every character he's played. To the point where when his Law & Order: UK character Matt Devlin was shot and killed, they were the last we saw of him
- Alison Brie.
- Cillian Murphy has◊ piercing blue eyes. Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan outright admitted that he kept trying to invent excuses for him to take his glasses off in close-ups.
- Then there is British actor Benedict Cumberbatch, whose eye color can go◊ from green to blue to gray, depending on the lighting.
- Supermodel/actress Kathy Ireland's green eyes are easily her most famous feature.
- Travis Fimmel (star of Vikings and formerly a Calvin Klein underwear model) has such intensely blue eyes◊ that many scenes are built around close-ups of them.
- Emma Stone.
- Sterling Beaumon is known for his intense stare, particularly in LOST where it was further amplified by his character's thick glasses.
- James McAvoy is know for his bright blue eyes In his book,Ian Mc Ewan writes that Robbie (Turner) has eyes of optimism, says Joe Wright - and so does James McAvoy: "He has his eye on a very bright horizon."
- Aaron Paul has soulful,◊ crystaline◊ blue◊ Puppy-Dog Eyes, a fact that's even pointed out by a minor character on Breaking Bad.
- Chris Pine◊.
- Alexandra Daddario.
- Rapper Sage the Gemini◊ has gorgeous brown eyes.