open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Dracule "Hawkeye" Mihawk from One Piece (I'll give you three guesses for what they resemble).
- Fairy Tail: The various Dragon Slayers are all over with this. Wendy is always seen with big, expressive eyes. Natsu, Sting, Laxus and Cobra normally have regular pupils but they turn into slits when they are fighting or very angry. Gajeel and Rogue's always have slitted pupils no matter the situation or their mood.
- Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]: Lancer has red eyes with slitted pupils to enhance his animal motif (he's said to have "beast-like agility," as well).
Films — Animated
- Bolt has the Show Within a Show villain Doctor Calico, who has a single cat eye and a normal human eye.
- Jafar actually gains the eyes of a snake for a split-second at the end of Aladdin when he is turning into a um, guess.
- In Mulan, Shan-Yu has hawk-like eyes with black sclera and yellow irises. (it's more pronounced by having a falcon on his shoulder, which somehow has human-like eyes◊ to make Shan-Yu's Obviously Evil look more pronounced)
Films — Live-Action
- In Ladyhawke, Navarre and Isabeau are seen to have these when they shapeshift in each others' presence.
- In Game of Death, Kareem-Abdul Jabbar's character is revealed to have lizard eyes after he loses his sunglasses. It was rumored that he's product of a genetic experiment but that never has been confirmed by any official sources.
- Madame Hooch in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone has "yellow eyes like a hawk".
- Mercy Thompson: The werewolves have human eyes that become more wolflike if they're stressed, or if they're close to a full moon.
- Wolf from the Shadowrun Wolf And Raven stories gets "killer rings" in his increasingly-lupine eyes when he's about to transform, or when he draws on the Old One's power.
- The Joe Ledger Series book The Demon Factory has one of the Creepy Twins having genetically augmented herself to have cat eyes — along with other animalistic traits.
- Big Al in The Hollows has goat eyes in his human forms.
- An'desha from the later Valdemar books retained the cat eyes he'd received when Mornelithe magically modded his body.
- The Mortal Instruments:
- Magnus Bane has greenish-yellow eyes with vertically-slit pupils, like a cat.
- In humanoid form Asmodeus has catlike eyes.
- The titular character of Susan Gates' "Dusk" has hawk eyes instead of human ones.
- The Seroster of Robert Westall's The Cats of Seroster gets gold cat-eyes whenever he touches his magical weapons.
- In A Feast For Crows, a character says that Oberyn, a prince known as "the Red Viper," and his daughters all have eyes like snakes, but this case is mostly metaphorical. Oberyn's irises are dark enough to look black and are very piercing. Even his blue-eyed daughter's eyes are said to have the same sharp quality.
- Inverted in Dr. Franklin's Island. When the two teenagers are subjected to Involuntary Transformation, the last time Semi sees Miranda for a while the only part of her that still looked like Miranda was her eyes. When it's Semi's turn, she becomes a small manta ray-like creature with human-looking eyes.
- The Duc in Witches Abroad has frog eyes because he is a transformed frog, and discworld magic can't change an individual's eyes.
Live Action TV
- In his last appearance on the old series of Doctor Who, The Master has glowing eyes with appearance of a catlike creature.
- The Visitors in the V (2009) remake are shown a few times with reptile eyes instead of human ones; in the original series, this would only happen if they flat out removed their human disguises.
- Kano from Shizen no Teki's (Jin) Kagerou Project has cat-like eyes that shine red when activating his power. He has a dark side that is considered creepy or suspicious. His special ability is to lie, or create illusions.
- The Gangrel clan weakness in Vampire: The Masquerade is that every time they give in to Frenzy, they gain some permanent animalistic aspect to their appearance. Animal Eyes are a popular option.
- Tibbits, a somewhat obscure Dungeons & Dragons race, are shapeshifters capable of turning into apparently-ordinary housecats. In addition to skin coloration that matches the pattern of their fur, it is noted that they retain their feline eyes even when in their humanoid form.
- Albert Wesker from Resident Evil's eyes look like a red cat's eyes, resulting from his use of a virus to fake his death.
- In the video game adaptations of The Witcher series of books, the titular protagonist Geralt of Rivia's eyes are snake-shaped. In the novels all Witchers have snake- or catlike eyes, but for some reason the first game only gives them to Geralt. The second game rectifies the matter, showing Letho with similar Hellish Pupils.
- Many characters from Zoophobia have this.
- Most of the demons in Elijah And Azuu have slitted pupils like a cat. There is also another character with big yellow eyes like an eagle.
- In The Specialists, Hartmann's eyes are always yellow, and start to look slit-like when he's in danger of going berserk.
- In the scifi webcomic Always Human, the character Rae obtains a body modification which gives her cat-like eyes. They apparently weren't cheap, but she considers them worth it.
- ThunderCats (2011) employs this with the various Beast Folk and Petting Zoo People that comprise Third Earth's many Animals. The title Cats, being the most humanoid, have visible white sclera surrounding irises with slitted pupils that dilate in dark settings, (in contrast with Team Pet Snarf's fully animal eyes). Enemies the Lizards often have slitted fully yellow eyes, Fishmen fish eyes, and so on.
- Queen La from The Legend of Tarzan, being an evil leopard queen, has eyes like a leopard.
- And like in the books, La's also Atlantean as well.
- Atlanteans have leopard eyes?!
- Anything drawn by Disney animator Randy Haycock will look like a cat.
- Batman Beyond provides the trope picture from the episode "Splicers," when Chelsea Cunningham is revealed to have literal cat-eyes due to undergoing a trendy but controversial splicer treatment.
- Even though he's based off a wolf, Timber Wolf from Legion Of Superheroes has slitted cat-like eyes.