is a CD Projekt RED
developed video game based on the Cyberpunk Tabletop RPG
by Mike Pondsmith. The game is due to be released sometime in 2015, and will be CD Projekt Red's first new game series since they starting doing The Witcher
A cinematic trailer can be seen here
Cyberpunk 2077 provides the following Tropes:
- Artificial Limbs: Robotic arms, legs and so forth have become common place by 2077, to the point street shops sell them.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: The female psycho in the first teaser has scythe like blades that pop out of her artificial forearms.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: True to the pen-and-paper RPG, humans who have installed too many cybernetic augments in their body become Axe Crazy "Psychos" who go on Kill All Humans rampages.
- Cyberpunk: The Cyberpunk tabletop game 2077 is based on has been shaping the genre since 1988. As such, 2077 features violence, poverty and prostitution in a world where cyborgs, flying cars and other futuristic tech exists.
- Dystopia: The cyberpunk world of 2077 has a society that allows body modification to the point many suffer psychotic breaks, and a police force that responds with dangerously excessive force to crimes.
- Extra Eyes: Invoked with the MAX-TAC police officers' compound camera helmets, which make them appear as though they have 6 robotic eyes.
- Immune to Bullets: Higher end cybernetic skin is so tough that all but the highest caliber of bullets bounce right off it.
- Malevolent Masked Men: MAX-TAC officers, police authorized to use lethal force, wear helmets that cover the entire top halves of their head.
- Mythology Gag:
- The female cyborg poster in a window in the teaser trailer is based on the cover art for one of the Cyberpunk pen-and-paper rulebooks.
- Shout-Out: 2077's setting borrows heavily from a number of other cyberpunk sci-fi works.
- Sliding Scale of Shiny Versus Gritty: The creators have expressed their dislike for how overplayed "Dark, gritty raining world" cyberpunk settings have become. As such, 2077 is full of bright multi-colored neon lights and relatively clean urban enviroments.
- Squad Nickname: MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division) is nicknamed the Psycho Squad because their chief job is to hunt down psychos, rogue cyborgs gone nuts.
- Token Evil Teammate: One recruitable party member will be a Psycho.