is a CD Projekt Red
developed video game based on the Cyberpunk Tabletop RPG
by Mike Pondsmith. The game is due to be released sometime in 2015.
A cinematic trailer can be seen here
Cyberpunk 2077 provides the following Tropes:
- Artificial Limbs: robotic arms, legs and so forth have become common place by 2077, to the point street shops sell them.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: The female psycho in the first teaser has scythe like blades that pop out of her artificial forearms.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: True to the pen-and-paper RPG, humans who have installed too many cybernetic augments in their body become Axe Crazy "Psychos" who go on Kill All Humans rampages.
- Cyberpunk: The Cyberpunk tabletop game 2077 is based on has been shaping the genre since 1988. As such, 2077 features violence, poverty and prostitution in a world where cyborgs, flying cars and other futuristic tech exists.
- Dystopia: The cyberpunk world of 2077 has a society that allows body modification to the point many suffer psychotic breaks, and a police force that responds with dangerously excessive force to crimes.
- Extra Eyes: Invoked with the MAX-TAC police officers' compound camera helmets, which make them appear as though they have 6 robotic eyes.
- Immune to Bullets: Higher end cybernetic skin is so tough that all but the highest caliber of bullets bounce right off it.
- Malevolent Masked Men: MAX-TAC officers, police authorized to use lethal force, wear helmets that cover the entire top halves of their head.
- Mythology Gag:
- The female cyborg poster in a window in the teaser trailer is based on the cover art for one of the Cyberpunk pen-and-paper rulebooks.
- Shout Out: 2077's setting borrows heavily from a number of other cyberpunk sci-fi works.
- Sliding Scale of Shiny Versus Gritty: The creators have expressed their dislike for how overplayed "Dark, gritty raining world" cyberpunk settings have become. As such, 2077 is full of bright multi-colored neon lights and relatively clean urban enviroments.
- Squad Nickname: MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division) is nicknamed the Psycho Squad because their chief job is to hunt down psychos, rogue cyborgs gone nuts.
- Token Evil Teammate: One recruitable party member will be a Psycho.