Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen is a 2004 Disney film starring Lindsay Lohan, based on the novel by Dylan Sheldon.
Contains Examples Of:
- Alpha Bitch: Carla, played by none other than Megan Fox.
- ...And That Little Girl Was Me: The song "Teenage Drama Queen (That Girl)" provides such a strong example, it names this trope almost word-for-word.That girl was a wild child dreamer but she'll find herself
'Cause she believes in nothin' else
And you'll look back and you won't believe
That girl was me
- Blithe Spirit: Lola
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Lola is the redhead to Ella's blonde and Carla's brunette.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Lola, especially to her mother.
- Cannot Tell a Lie: Straight-laced Ella bursts into tears at the idea of lying to her parents about going to New York City to see Sidarthurs last concert.
- Cassandra Truth: Lola finally tells the truth about being at the after party for Sidarthurs last concert, but Carla lies and says she wasn't there. No one believes Lola.
- Do Not Call Me Mary
- Embarrassing First Name: Mary. She insists that everyone call her "Lola".
- Fangirl: Lola and Ella are huge fangirls of a band called Sidarthur.
- Fiery Redhead: Lola, so much.
- From New York to Nowhere
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: For Disney, at least. Lola and Ella are disillusioned that their rock star idol turns out to be a drunk. They do however go to the rock star's party, where it is obvious that booze is flowing freely. Disney usually avoids all mention of alcohol and drugs.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Ella is very sweet.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: According to Lola, Ella is 'the sister of my soul'.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Lola.
- Is That a Threat?
- Carla: I'll show you what it's like to be in my school.Lola: Is that a threat?Carla: Absolutely.
- Jerkass: Carla.
- Leitmotif: Carla has one in the form of Lumidee's I'll Never Leave You (Uh -Oh).
- Liar Revealed: Lola gets caught lying about being on a hunger strike, her name being Lola, and her father's supposed death.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Lola tries to be this for her new school (at least in the book).
- Ordinary High-School Student: Pretty much the main cast. Although, Lola doesn't want to be one.
- School Play: One of the major plots in the movie.
- Show Within a Show: A modernized version of George Bernard Shaw's play, Pygmalion.
- Shrinking Violet: Ella.
- Snowball Lie: Beginning with insisting her name is Lola and cumulating with the lie about the death of her father, all in the name of drama.
- Teen Drama: It's in the title.
- There's No Place Like Home: Lola really does not want to be in New Jersey.