"A recent report from the World Health Organisation has estimated there are at least 359,003 men worldwide who are still single because they had hoped to find someone like Amy Acker. The WHO report also notes that Acker is the only woman in her 30's known to be getting cuter with each year."Amy Louise Acker (born December 5, 1976) is an American actress, best known for the TV shows Angel, Dollhouse and Person of Interest.
- 2002 Catch Me If You Can as Miggy
- 2012 The Cabin in the Woods as Wendy Lin
- 2012 Much Ado About Nothing as Beatrice
- 2001-2004 Angel as Winifred 'Fred' Burkle/Illyria
- 2005 Supernatural as Andrea Barr
- 2005-2006 Justice League Unlimited as Huntress/Helena Bertinelli
- 2005-2006 Alias as Kelly Peyton
- 2006 How I Met Your Mother as Penelope
- 2007 Drive as Kathryn Tully
- 2007 Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Leslie LeZard
- 2007 Ghost Whisperer as Tessa
- 2008 Private Practice as Molly Madison
- 2009-2010 Dollhouse as Dr. Claire Saunders/Whiskey
- 2010 Human Target as Katherine Walters
- 2010 The Good Wife as Trish Arkin
- 2010 Happy Town as Rachel Conroy
- 2010 No Ordinary Family as Amanda Grayson
- 2011-2013 CSI Crime Scene Investigation as Sandy Colfax
- 2012 Grimm as Lena Marcenko
- 2012 Once Upon a Time as Astrid/Nova
- 2012 Warehouse 13 as Tracey
- 2012-present Person of Interest as Root/Samantha Groves & The Machine (voice)
- 2013 Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated as Nova
- 2014 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Audrey Nathan, the Cellist
- 2015-2016 Holby City (uncredited)
The works of this actress contain examples of:
- Actor-Shared Background: Both Amy and Fred are from Texas, as is Samantha Groves, aka Root.
- Adorkable: It's not a mystery where Fred got it from.
- The Cameo: Made two voiceless uncredited cameos in Holby City and one in Casualty (uncredited), presumably as Samantha Groves aka Root.
- Hot Scientist: She played one in 3 of Joss Whedon's works- Angel, Dollhouse, and The Cabin in the Woods.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Plays the incredibly psychotic and Faux Affably Evil hacker Root on Person of Interest and Manipulative Bitch in Sheep's Clothing Kelly Peyton in Alias. Off screen, she's epitomises the Genki Girl trope and is extremely charming in interviews.