T-Pain (short for Tallahassee Pain), born Faheem Rasheed Najm in 1985, is an American singer, rapper, record producer, multi-instrumentalist and dancer. He began his career as a rapper in the group Nappy Headz in 2004. In 2005, he released his debut album Rappa Ternt Sanga which reached number 33 on the Billboard top 200. He won a Grammy in 2008 with Kanye West for the single "Good Life" and another in 2010 for the single "Blame It" with Jamie Foxx. He is most known for his extensive use of Auto-Tune, and also for being in every song on the radio that Pitbull & David Guetta aren't already in. At one point in late 2007, he was featured on four top ten singles on the Billboard Top 100 chart.
- Rappa Ternt Sanga (2005)
- Epiphany (2007)
- Thr33 Ringz (2008)
- RevolveЯ (2011)
- Stoicville: The Phoenix (2013)
- T-Wayne (with Lil Wayne) (2017)
- Auto-Tune: Probably one of the Trope Codifiers of it with current rappers. Actually used well, since he deliberately overuses it to make his vocals sound metallic, rather than just to cover his mistakes.
- Iconic Item: T-Pain is always seen with sunglasses, usually huge white-rimmed ones, though he will have different ones sometimes. This led to jokes that he was secretly crosseyed or something like that.
- His famous hat, to a lesser extent.
- Also his big ass chain. The one that says "BIG ASS CHAIN" in diamonds.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?/Punny Name: His first two children are named Muziq and Lyriq.
- Wolverine Publicity: The artists he has worked with include R. Kelly, Kanye West, T.I., Bow Wow, Fabolous, Chris Brown, Pitbull, Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, Tech N9ne, Ludacris, Ne-Yo, Jesse Mc Cartney, Ciara, Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, Taylor Swift (in a parody song, "Thug Story"), Lily Allen and was even in "We Are the World 25 for Haiti".