(born August 15, 1995), better known by his gang name Chief Keef
, is an teenage American rapper from Chicago, Illinois. He is signed to Interscope Records and is the CEO of his own record label, Glory Boyz Entertainment. He is also affiliated with the street gang Black Disciples, and, being hip-hop's Enfant Terrible
is known for having grown up too fast.Discography:
- Back from the Dead (2012)
- Finally Rich (2012)
Tropes associated with Chief Keef:
- Arch-Enemy: Lupe Fiasco and former collaborator Soulja Boy.
- Badass Boast: "Kobe."
- Boastful Rap: "Love Sosa."
- Children Are Innocent: Averted in every way possible.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Better parents than his would wash his mouth out with soap.
- Cursed with Awesome: Keef has Asperger's Syndrome, which might account for the apathetic delivery he's famous for, and the wide variety of things that no child should be allowed to say.
- Enfant Terrible
- Foreshadowing: Sort of a trademark of his. Ad-libs in the beginning of many of his tracks foreshadow later lines in the song.
- Gangsta Rap: Type 3.
- Kids Are Cruel
- List Song: On "I Don't Like" Keef lists things he doesn't like, including but not limited to fuck niggas, snitch niggas, bitch niggas and sneak dissers.
- Money Song: One of his favorite things to rap about along with gats, sex and how deep his crew rolls. His major label debut is titled Finally Rich.
- Murder Ballad: The hook to "Love Sosa" includes the line "Hit him with the Cobra / Now that boy slumped over."
- N-Word Privileges: And he's still just a teenager.
- Ode To Sobriety: Brutally inverted by "Hate Bein' Sober." And he's far from 21.
- Refuge in Audacity: Arguably the basis of his whole career, especially considering that he's just a child, and yet he's a child who curses, drinks, murders, rapes and does drugs.
- Self-Made Man: Keef grew to popularity at sixteen years old through independently released mixtapes and music videos before signing to Interscope Records.
- Shirtless Scene: The music video for "I Don't Like."
- Small Name, Big Ego: Keef has been accused of disrespecting his rap game elders. After Kanye West and his GOOD Music crew remixed Keef's breakout single "I Don't Like," Keef claimed via Twitter that Yeezy "ain't do shit for me." He also stood up 50 Cent and Wiz Khalifa for a music video for "Hate Bein' Sober," on which the two aforementioned rappers are featured.
- Spoken Word in Music: The intro of "Love Sosa," in which a fanboy defends Chief Keef from critics.
- Teens Are Monsters
- The Stoner: Listen to "Hate Bein' Sober."
- Take That, Critics!: "Laughin' to the Bank."
- Trap Music
- Truth in Television: Despite being a child, Keef's violent lyrics reflect his much-publicized lifestyle: he has been busted for drug dealing, flashing a gun at a police officer and allegedly paying to have rival rapper Joseph 'Lil Jo Jo' Coleman killed.
- Younger Than They Look: As of 2014, he is 19, but appears to be around 24 or so.