Lets Play: Two Saiyans Play
A spinoff of Dragon Ball Z Abridged done in the style of Two Best Friends Play wherein Vegeta and Nappa play video games together. You can already guess how well that goes.The channel has branched into several different series:
- Krillin Plays, wherein Krillin is forced to play Survival Horror games alone by Vegeta.note
- Renegade for Life, which features Vegeta doing one-shot playthroughs of various games. Named after a Mass Effect gag in Episode 21 of the main abridged series.
- Gan in 60 Seconds, featuring Ganxingba doing doing 60-second reviews of games.
- Baldies Play, where Krillin and Nappa play videogames together.
- Nappa Plays, where Nappa plays videogames solo.
The show contains the following tropes:
- Actually Pretty Funny: When Nappa tries to explain to Vegeta how he's a hipster:Nappa: So, do you like yourself?
Vegeta: Yes, of course.
Nappa: See? That makes you a hipster. Because... no one else does.
Vegeta: (Laughs loudly)
Vegeta: Shit, that's actually pretty good.
- In Chivalry, Vegeta calls another player a bastard. Nappa immediately points out that Vegeta's son is the bastard, getting a laugh out of Vegeta.
- When playing Diablo III, Nappa's character can train two dogs. He names them 'Bounty' and 'Hunter'.
- A God Am I: Nappa jokingly implies this a couple of times.
Nappa: Look at this shit! I'm a fucking God!!!
- In Castle Crashers when he's riding on the crocodile he wails on a small horde of enemies with ease:
Nappa: Luckily I'm around to be your.....hehe.... I feel like I'm your Jesus at this point. I was gonna point out the irony of me constantly saving you, bringing you back to life.
- Then in Magicka, when Vegeta gets killed again and Nappa has to revive him for the hundredth time.
Vegeta: Shut up Nappa......
Nappa: Where are you?Vegeta: I am everywhere.
- Krillin assumes this in Outlast after a glitch makes him immune to the mad doctor's attacks. It's worn off by the next installment, to his dismay.
- During Portal 2:
"Why didn't it summon me?"
- Krillin being armed in Dead Space and being able to stomp incredibly hard goes to his head very quickly.
- Vegeta spawns God in Scribblenauts Unlimited:
- Almighty Janitor: Krillin comments on how he's doing better than all the dead soldiers around him in Dead Space.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: While playing Strafe, Vegeta notices a room that hadn't appeared in any previous try. Within it is a playable arcade game that is, essentially, a Wolfenstein 3D clone. After playing it twice, he continues the game proper, dies, respawns and finds the room has disappeared.
- April Fools' Day: 2015's April 1st video was of Piccolo playing solitaire, with very little actual commentary.
- Artifact Title/Orphaned Series: While the channel started out with Two Saiyans Play, it has since branched off into several series, with Two Saiyans Play becoming far less frequent. Renegade for Life ended up taking over the Two Saiyans Play slot for five months, until it returned to the Dead island playthrough, itself having been orphaned for seven months thanks to the Portal 2 playthrough.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: Pretty much sums up Vegeta's strategy for video games most of the time.
- Berserk Button: Vegeta really doesn't like being reminded that he's a member of Krillin's "Team 3 Star".
- Oddly, Vegeta gets mad at the thieves for looting bodies in Castle Crashers.
- Oh, and never refer to him as Kakarot's minion.
- BFG: In their Magicka playthrough, Nappa has a gun, which Vegeta ends up getting. Most of the playthrough is them just shooting everything."Gun is clearly the best spell in the game."
- Bilingual Bonus: Krillin speaks various Spanish words in the LP of Outlast ("Ocupado? Ocupado.") Makes sense; he's Latino.
- Big "WHAT?!": Krillin shrieks this when Kendra in Dead Space mentions he can't kill the current enemy he's battling because it can regenerate.
- Black Comedy: Has it's moments. Sometimes shifts into Dead Baby Comedy.Nappa: *BUUUUUUUUURP* Sorry, I ate a baby earlier.
Vegeta: You need to stop eating those,. You need to cut them out of your diet.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Vegeta tries out a new lightning spell in Magicka and smites Nappa right off the map. The best part is the 6-second pause before Vegeta starts laughing maniacally.
Nappa: Hey, Vegeta?
- When Vegeta has a Villainous Breakdown at the end of Killing Floor they go back to playing Magicka again.
Nappa: Huh? Better?
Vegeta smites him off the map again.
- Break the Cutie: The whole point of the Krillin Plays series, really.
- British Accents: Parts of the playthrough of Killing Floor are made up of Vegeta and Nappa screaming in exaggerated British accents. They eventually get sick of this.
- Buffy Speak: Used by Krillin a lot.
- Bullying a Dragon: Vegeta has a tendency to bite off more than he can chew. He deliberately provokes a Witch in Left 4 Dead 2, and goes out of his way to shoot an elephant in Far Cry 4.
- Call Back: A few callbacks to DBZ Abridged have shown up
- In Magicka, Vegeta repeats his "Rock you... like a hurricane" line.
- In Orcs Must Die, When Nappa yells "BOOMSHAKALAKA!" Vegeta yells "DAKKA! DAKKA!"
- While playing Dead Space 3, Vegeta causes a massive traffic accident, causing Vegeta to quip "Renegade for life."
- Mocking Radtiz in Magicka, Killing Floor, and Dead Space 3.
- Vegeta chanting "Minemineminemineminemine" while grabbing ammo or activating Krieg's Buzz-Axe Rampage in Borderlands 2.†
- Krillin's commentary on Outlast. "'Your only options are to run, hide or die.' Hurray! Back to Namek!"
- When Krillin saw Gohan's haircut in Season 2 he remarked that he looked like a young Moe Howard; Gohan retorted with "Well, look who's talking, Curly!" During the LPs he now tends to go "Whoop whoop whoop!" just like Curly did.
- Trunks gets mentioned in Dungeonland, and Bulma gets a mention in Dead Sky. Bulma gets mentioned by name in Portal 2.
- Krillin mentions his crush on Android 18 in part seven of Condemned.
- Call Forward: Vegeta's unconvincingly-denied fear of worms in Dead Sky (he and Goku meet a whole family of giant worms during their "Fantastic Voyage" Plot, and he nearly pukes).
- Car Fu: In Far Cry 4, Nappa saves Vegeta from an elephant (that he attacked) by ramming it with his car.
- Catch Phrase: Krillin has "I don't like this... I don't like this at all."
- Nappa has "Hol' on, hol' on" in Portal 2
- Chainsaw Good / Deadly Disc: Krillin grows very fond of the Ripper, Dead Space's "buzzsaw gun".
Hey. Are you guys prepared? Because, I don't think that you were sufficiently warned. 'Cause, uh, today there is a, uh, high chance, probably about a 50 to 80% chance, OF CHAINSAAAAAAAAW! YA-HAHA!
- Likewise, after Punches Guy and Slows Down Time Guy, Chainsaw Hand Guy is probably Vegeta's third favourite character in Bro Force.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Most episodes have either Vegeta taking gleeful joy in killing his enemies, him and Nappa happily reminiscing about the various worlds they've slaughtered, or both.
- Krillin takes surprising delight in stomping people, enemies and corpses alike. In Part 6 he's surprised about not getting stuff when he kills a bunch of aliens. "These things are like undead pinatas!"
- The Comically Serious: Vegeta's insistence that he doesn't really care about playing these games makes his unspoken enjoyment of them that much more amusing.
- In Part 4 of Portal 2 he goes "Whee!" in a complete monotone while going through portals.
- Corpsing: A non-laughing variation, while playing Slender: The Arrival, a jump-scare gets Krillin so bad that Lani's real voice breaks through. And later in a slightly funnier one during DreadOut, where upon stumbling upon an in-game drawing of a Pony causes Lani to drop his Krillin voice for his Flat "What." reaction.
- This happens a lot in Revengeance, the only full playthrough on Renegade for Life. Many times, Lani accidentally drops Vegeta's inflection and simply sounds like an angrier, deep-voiced version of himself probably because Vegeta's voice isn't nearly as far off as Krillin's voice. Speaking of which, Krillin often coughs- albeit in the correct voice- because maintaining the voice for so long irritates Lani's throat.
- Cowardly Lion: Krillin, during Dead Space. It helps that this is the first game he's given where he gets to fight back.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Vegeta during his huge breakdown at the end of Killing Floor.
Vegeta: Hey fuck-wit! I got something to show you!
- Vegeta also swears a lot when he meets Otto (a boat who doesn't think he can float) in Pajama Sam in No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside
(throws a wooden board in the water, and it floats)
Vegeta: HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
- Daddy Issues: During the Castle Crashers playthrough.Nappa: That guy up there is your father.
Vegeta: Alright, hold on... *starts jumping to try and kill the king* ERGH! ARGH!
Nappa: And just like your father, you can't reach him.
Nappa: Your dad is looking disapprovingly at...
- Again in Trine 2. Nappa is trying to get Vegeta to yell "I am a warrior", and Vegeta's being completely deadpan until...
Vegeta: I! AM A WARRIOR!
- Deadpan Snarker: Krillin when he isn't screaming in terror.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: In Scribblenauts, Vegeta kills a Shoggoth from the Cthulhu Mythos and later a rampaging God.
- Driven to Suicide: In The Stanley Parable Vegeta completely loses it in the face of his choices having no purpose, and decides that he controls his fate by diving to his death shouting "RENEGADE FOR LIFE!"
- Dull Surprise: Nappa when playing Five Nights at Freddy's 2.
- Dumbass No More: Nappa, and how.
- Easily Forgiven: Krillin and Nappa get along fairly well in the Two Baldies Play series, despite Nappa killing most of Krillin's friends and beating him to a pulp back in the Saiyan Saga, and screwing him out of his money at the end of the Dead Zone special.
- Eats Babies: Nappa, apparently.
- Epic Fail: Vegeta and Nappa's first attempt at Dungeonland... doesn't exactly go very well. Their second and third playthrough go much better for them.
Vegeta: WHO DID THIS TO ME?!
- And Vegeta really doesn't like it when their attempt to play SimCity is thwarted by EA's early cloud issues.
Nappa: That would be EA.
Vegeta: WHO THE FUCK IS EA?! I'M GONNA KILL 'EM...
- Their playthrough of Killing Floor had them getting absolutely slaughtered for the first few rounds. They get a little better at it.
- Vegeta's less than stellar playing of Chivalry
- Even Evil Has Standards: Nappa's not really "evil" anymore per say, but was rather disgusted by Vegeta repeatedly stomping on all of the corpses they find in Dead Space 3.Nappa: Get in here!
Vegeta: (stomping on corpses) Hold on, this is totally necessary.
Nappa: What are you doing? (Sees what Vegeta's doing) Oh what the fuck dude...
Vegeta: It's their fault.
- Doesn't stop him from joining in at one point though. "When in Rome!"Nappa: Oh, we're fucked up. Let's get the fuck out of here.
- In Dishonored, Vegeta starts with an Evil Laugh while watching an enemy being overwhelmed with rats. By the time they've completely skeletonized the corpse, he's a lot quieter.
- In This War of Mine, Vegeta casts Cveta, who "Loves Children", out of the house the instant he reads her profile.
- In Until Dawn, Vegeta calls a squirrel a target on the makeshift shooting range. He then shoots a bag of sand instead and says "You thought I was going to shoot the squirrel, didn't you? Shame on you."
- Doesn't stop him from joining in at one point though. "When in Rome!"
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Vegeta's playthrough of Undertale has him bewildered by Toriel's kindness.Vegeta: A room, a home? A-a bed? I-I havenít had a bed since I was a kid. A piece of pie... she just left it for me. I don't understand. Why would you just lea- what is the purpose of giving me these things?! What have I done for you?
- Evil Laugh: Later editions of the Renegade for Life series have a title card in which Vegeta engages in this trope, followed by the episode title card. The Rogue Legacy episode has one partway through that lasts about thirty seconds.
- Fan Community Nickname: Krillin calls his viewers the 'Krillers'.
- The Farmer and the Viper: Vegeta makes it a point to kill everyone, including those who helped him. Nappa will occasionally lampshade it, but he goes along with it.
- Karma catches up in Chivalry, when their teammate Martel takes a while to realize they're playing on teams.
- Forced to Watch: Vegeta insists that Nappa watch as he murders one of his worms in Worms Reloaded.Vegeta: WATCH. HIM DIE.
- Backfires some when he gets damaged and knocked into the perfect location for Nappa to drop a stick of Dynamite in and run, ending the round and the set.
- Freudian Excuse: Vegeta, as shown at the end of Krillin Plays Among the Sleep.
- Gass Hole: Nappa randomly belches a couple of times. When playing Dead Space 3 he claims that when he gets scared, he gets "burpy".
- Gilligan Cut: In Scribblenauts Unlimited, Vegeta is doing a mission where he has to help a couple have a nice date. Cut to him having somehow summoned a bear-riding Cthulhu and a T-Rex.
- Gratuitous Japanese: In Baldies Play P.T., Nappa answers his phone say saying, "Mosh(i) mosh(i)." That is the typical phrase Japanese people say when they answer a phone.
- In The Stanley Parable, Vegeta answers a phone and says, "Hello? Mosh(i) mosh(i), Vegeta des(u)."
- Guide Dang It: Krillin starts playing Five Nights At Freddy's on Day 2, and as a result misses out on the vital bit of information that you're supposed to close the doors only when you're sure that there's an animatronic lurking right outside, not keep them closed the entire night (Otherwise, this would be the easiest game in the world). Needless to say, he doesn't make it.
- Heroic BSOD: Krillin gets quite a few of these, but notably in Dead Space when fighting the Leviathan; he tries everything to kill it and gets so stressed that he just doesn't care anymore and dies by it. It takes a second try for him to bring him out of the depression.
- Vegeta has one at the end of Pajama Sam. After growing increasingly exasperated at all of the weird happenings in the game he finds a room full of dancing furniture... and just sits there in silence for several seconds.
- He also get this at times during The Stanley Parable, especially when he triggers a couple endings.
- Hidden Depths: For as much as a dumbass as he is normally. Nappa is pretty knowledgeable and skilled at Video Games and is usually the one who introduces them to Vegeta.
- Hipster: Nappa basically calls Vegeta a Saiyan hipster, since he's the only person who calls Goku "Kakarot".
- Hypocritical Humor: In Vegeta's playthrough of Octodad: Dadliest Catch, he claims to be a great dad.Vegeta: How hard can this be? I'm a great dad!
- Hope Spot: Krillin gets this in the finale of Outlast as he's making his way towards the asylum exit. And then the SWAT team are on the other side of the door.
- Hurricane of Puns: Krillin attempts to start one in Outlast after the evil doctor gets cut in half. He runs out of steam quickly, but the comments pick up the slack.
- In Love with Your Carnage: Vegeta gets a bit... carried away in Bro Force, culminating in A God Am I.
- Irony: For all his mockery of Guldo in the main series, Vegeta's favorite mechanic tends to be the one where he can slow down time.
- It Amused Me: Vegeta's justification for making Krillin play Five Nights at Freddy's, even though he's already playing Condemned.
- Jerkass: Vegeta, no suprise. Nappa, surprisingly, has his moments too.
- Jump Scare: Krillin gets very, very sick of them during Outlast. "WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO DO THAT?"
- Karma Houdini: Vegeta hasn't received any comeuppance for forcing Krillin to play scary games.
- Laser-Guided Karma: In Portal 2 Vegeta doesn't tell Nappa that he needs to use portals to get to the other side of two moving platforms, worked by a laser guided cube. When Vegeta figures it out, Nappa gets his revenge by taking the cube off.Vegeta (panicking): NO! NO! NO! NO! PUT IT BACK ON! PUT IT BACK ON! PUT IT BACK ON! PUT IT BACK ON! PUT IT BACK ON! (Nappa throws the cube into the polluted water) I'M GONNA KILL YOU! YOU SON OF A BITCH! (Vegeta's character ATLAS drowns and short circuits in the polluted water)
- Motor Mouth: Krillin, who admits he's "twitchy" when he's scared.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: As might be expected, Vegeta approaches every problem with a "Can I murder this?" attitude.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: Nappa and Krillin's shared reaction to just about anything throughout "P.T".Krillin: Nope-ing! Nope-ing pretty hard!
- Not So Above It All: Vegeta constantly seems annoyed by Nappa's childish antics, sighing in resignation often. Then along comes the Portal 2 playthrough, where he joins in when Nappa hums or sings tunes. Vegeta even seems to cut Nappa off in order to get to say "TURTLE POWER!" when Nappa hums the tune to the 80s TMNT TV show.
- No, You: Vegeta and Nappa call each other gay during Dead Space 3
- Oh Crap!: Krillin in Alien: Isolation during the flashback level. As Marlow, he's being lowered down a hole and already doesn't like where he's going. Then he sees the egg chamber below and screams to be pulled back up.
- Parental Neglect: Trunks gets mentioned a few times. Vegeta completely ignores him.Vegeta: Apparently I have some like kid or something now. It's weird.
Nappa: Did you name him Vegeta like your father always wanted?
Vegeta I don't know what the damn thing's name is!
- Quip to Black: Krillin attempts this during the Whistleblower DLC after the Groom dies."Well. Looks like you...just got penetrated! YEEAAAAAAH - I'm leaving."
- Rage Quit: Vegeta gives up on Dark Souls II when the pigs turn out to be Super Persistent Predators. He eventually does the same in Rogue Legacy, audibly dropping the controller after one death too many.
- He often does these when he gets frustrated with a game.
- Rapid-Fire "No!": Nappa and Krillin during P.T.
- Refuge in Audacity: When tasked with healing someone in Scribblenauts Unlimited Vegeta- stuck for ideas- summons God. He then has to fix a robot and summons Robot God. He is later forced to kill God when God runs around beating up civilians.
- Reminiscing About Your Victims: Nappa and Vegeta will frequently say that whatever situation they're in reminds them of some planet they've conquered or battle they were in, and then usually reminisce about it quite happily.
- Repetitive Name: Kyle Kyleson (of the Kyle clan) gives Vegeta and Nappa a lot of grief during Chivalry. Fear him!
- Rock Falls Everyone Dies: The beginning of Borderlands 2, which features the four main characters getting blown up in a train. While they're supposed to survive, the Nappa and Vegeta (who play the DLC characters that don't appear in the opening cinematic) treat them as dead for good.
- Sanity Slippage:
- Throughout the entire Killing Floor playthrough, Vegeta's determination to have fun slowly wanes into desperation until the very end, where he's screaming angrily that they're having fun, while Nappa is sobbing and begging for it to end.
- Krillin, by way of Vegeta locking him and forcing him to play Slender: The Arrival, has shown this in spades throughout the playthrough. It's very noticeable during the second episode, when he survives a 17 minutes of a full-aggro Slender Man after he has trouble finding the last page.
- The end of Outlast had him screaming "TASTE MY VENGEANCE, MOTHERFUCKERS! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!"
- The Stanley Parable inflicts this on Vegeta, as he comes to realize the game is actively screwing with him and countering all his decisions.
- Sarcastic Clapping: Vegeta does this after Pajama Sam's Epic Fail of attempting to mine gold and almost immediately breaking the pickaxe he needs to do so.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Krillin tells Dr. Mercer to shut up in Part 34 of Dead Space after he's all "blah, blah, blah, church this, transcend death that..."
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Vegeta, and how. Nappa's got a bit of a foul mouth too, but not as bad as Vegeta.
- Krillin has quite a mouth on him as well, especially when he's panicking and running from or taunting his pursuers.
- She is Not my Wife: Nappa asks in Dead Sky what Vegeta would do during a zombie invasion, and Vegeta responds that he'd leave the planet. Then he asks what would happen if it happened on earth where Bulma is, thinking she was his wife, and Vegeta denies their marriage with a "Ha!"
- Shout-Out: Plenty, but during Portal 2 Vegeta gets several attempts at a task wrong, then when he gets it right he says: "Yeah! First try!"
- Slavery Is a Special Kind of Evil: During Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Nappa comments that despite taking over worlds, they never turned the defeated populations into slaves, which Freeza did. Vegeta agrees, they never treated them like slaves, they just killed them.
- Space Whale Aesop: Krillin suggests one for the Abandoned Mine level in Slender: The Arrival."There might be an environmental message to this! Don't sell your land to mining companies, or else the Slender Man will get you."
- Stunned Silence: Of all the absurd things Vegeta had to witness in Pajama Sam in No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside, the final room he enters, with the dancing furniture, just leaves him speechless.
- Take That: The Killing Floor episode is basically one giant one to the game's incredibly punishing difficulty.
- The brief SimCity episode exists as a jab against Electronic Arts's dysfunctional DRM for the game.
- In Worms Reloaded, Nappa names his team "Nappa's Ghosts" in which he names the worms on his team "Casper the Friendly Ghost", "The Chick from The Ring", "Slimer from Ghost Busters", then the last one is "Val Kilmer's career".
- Team Killer: Vegeta, unsurprisingly.
- Tempting Fate:
- Whenever Krillin gets cocky during Outlast, it usually backfires on him pretty quickly.
- In the finale for Dead Space, Krillin is confident that whatever's coming next can't be worse than the ending he just experience. Cue the Outlast: Whistleblower DLC.
- That Came Out WrongKrillin: (killing zombie babies) You can call me the child predator - NO. No, you can't call me that. I have changed my mind.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Spoken word-for-word early in the Worms Reloaded LP.
- Every single one of Krillin's LPs. He's usually right on the money.
- Time Stands Still: Vegeta's favourite power in Bro Force, Dishonored and Rogue Legacy.Vegeta: (reading a character description) "Stop time", you say? (begins Evil Laugh)
- Took a Level in Badass: Krillin in Dead Space. That's right, Krillin. In fact, despite being forced into playing the horror games, he's quite competent at them. By Outlast he's jeering his enemies after moments of victory/relief.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Nappa actively does less to annoy Vegeta and attempts to play cooperatively most of the time. He still tries to Troll Vegeta on occasion, though.
- Vegeta himself takes a level while playing Surgeon Simulator.
- Verbal Tic: Krillin seems to be a fan of saying "Nope" a lot, and he sings his thoughts when he's nervous.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: Shamelessly exploited at every opportunity, even by Krillin at times.
- Villainous Breakdown:
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Nappa's convinced that he and Vegeta are this, though Vegeta doesn't do anything to show that he considers Nappa a pal. However, Vegeta does seem to show less contempt towards Nappa than he does in Dragon Ball Z Abridged's first season.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer: In Scribblenauts Unlimited, Vegeta's go-to solution for most problems is Shoggoth.
- Who's Laughing Now?: The further Krillin gets into Dead Space, the more he starts using it as a way to vent his frustrations."COWER! Cower before the might of Krillin! FEEEAAAR MEEEEE!"
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?:
Vegeta: When you get to hell, you better arrange a welcoming party! BECAUSE I'M GOING TO BE SENDING FRIENDS! ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR LOVED ONES, EVERYONE YOU'VE EVER KNOWN OR CARE ABOUT—who happens to be a worm—IS GOING TO MEET YOU DOWN THERE! (bang!) Tell them I said "hi".
- Vegeta's fear of worms shows up in Dead Sky and Diablo III, although strangely he was fine playing Worms Reloaded. It reappears in Heavy Bullets when he discovers the "snakeworms", declaring war on all worms.
- He apparently doesn't like clowns much either, as shown in Scribblenauts Unlimited.
- Why Won't You Die?: Both Vegeta and Krillin have yelled this out. For example, in Dead Space part 31, The Doctor is In!, Krillin gets attacked by a Hive Mind after he killed the Leviathan.Krillin: WHY?! FUCK OFF! (sobbing) I killed you! I don' like this! I keep killing things and they keep coming back for more!
- Your Mom: Nappa drops a lot of these at Vegeta.