Lanipator (pronounced lan-ee-pah-TOR
) is the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged
, a member of Team Four Star
, the group behind Dragon Ball Z Abridged
, and is also affiliated with That Guy with the Glasses
, with his show Outside the Otaku
He was one of the original participants in the The War of the Abridged Series Creators
, which started when he hung up on DAN GREEN
(who was calling from the the Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series
2nd anniversary party). This was also the point where Lanipator coined the phrase "Lanipwnd".
He has also done Let's Plays
for the following games:
Provides examples of:
- Atomic F-Bomb: Detonates a nuke in this reaction video to TeamFourStar's Youtube account suspension. WARNING To say it reached Memetic Mutation levels would be putting it mildly.
- The F bomb was originally used in his review of Final Fantasy: Unlimited when he learns the two most annoying characters in the show share an episode together.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Err... Yes. As you can see here.
- BFS: Lanipator has one in his review of Berserk. It's really big.
- Big Beautiful Man: He is quite good-looking and his size makes him strangely even more attractive.
- Carpet of Virility: Manly Lanipator is Manly... and sexy.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: Discussed in his Berserk review, though dubbed Dynasty Warriors Syndrome therein.
- Friend to All Living Things: Has at least four pets: Martin the Lovable Rat, Ace, Martin's little brother, Clark the cat, and a big black dog.
- Sadly, Ace and Martin are no longer with us. They will be missed.
- Laughing Mad: Nearing the end of Justine.
- No Indoor Voice: His alternate persona, Magnus, because he's EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!
- Man of a Thousand Voices: He provides voices for five Abridged Series:
- Morality Pet: His rat Martin, who later gets a place in the Outside The Otaku opening credits.
- Parody Sue: His custom character Spudz from his Ultimate Tenkaichi LP. He's constantly giving him absurd backstories like being the bastard child of Goku and Mr Popo (and somehow, Piccolo) and being half-dragon.
- Rated M for Manly: Magnus is EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME! and doesn't let you forget it. Azumanga Daioh is EXTREEEEEEEEEEME!
Magnus: FUCK YEAH IT IS!
- The Scream: Seems to be a specialty of his. Two of the characters he's played have had extended, epic screams. He's also delivered one while not in character (see Atomic F-Bomb above).
- Shout-Out: A number of them. Like in his Let's Play of Justine, he tells his character to "Wake up. Grab your brush and put on a little make-up."
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: In his Amnesia: The Dark Descent Let's Play.
Alexander: Do you truly see no good in me, or evil in Agrippa?
: No, all I see is your wang!
Put some clothes on!
- Training Montage: Lanipator works out to Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk just to build up the strength to lift Guts' sword.